What needs a nerf — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What needs a nerf

Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Being that it doesn't take much skill for certain classes to just spam things and win. What is worse and needs a nerf?

What needs a nerf 132 votes

Warrior: Mainly Sb and Bezerker spam
20%
Ragnarox.9601Dragana.1497Marxx.5021bOTEB.1573Arkantos.7460Raiden The Beast.3016Keychange.1386Chilli.2976Daniel Handler.4816Cyric.7813kin korn karn.9023Crocuta.1785aelska.4609ollbirtan.2915TheDevice.2751Widmo.3186Gaberen.4325verskore.4312DragonFury.6243Hylo.1968 27 votes
Mesmer: Massive unending conditions on top of 1,000 dodges and evades
24%
Cerioth.7062Susy.7529Ajax of Telamona.6974Vegeta.2563Arheundel.6451Kovu.7560crepuscular.9047BadMed.3846Demented Yak.6105Flumek.9043Ziggityzog.7389Seteruss.4058SPESHAL.9106DeadlySynz.3471reddie.5861Thiago.5946SaltyDogs.9073Amnariel.3659leunamsil.6742Rivid.9628 32 votes
Guardian: Mainly FB unending Fire spam and 1,000 blocks
7%
Sandzibar.5134Airdive.2613bigo.9037Thornwolf.9721Diviora.9548GoodWithGravy.8019YaminoNakani.7083Safandula.8723SexyMofo.8923Zavijah.2695 10 votes
Ranger: Mainly Sb with boon beast 1 shot boonbeast
36%
TakeCare.3182Ajaxx.3157cgMatt.5162Pyroen.2086StarDroid.1038Nimrod.9240XxsdgxX.8109Velimere.7685DaShi.1368babazhook.6805EremiteAngel.9765Mr Godlike.6098rbbthole.9074Loboling.5293DanAlcedo.3281Anativ.2374JETWING.2759zoopop.5630ProverbsofHell.2307Jack Redline.5379 48 votes
Necro: Mainy Scourge with unending torment and fire spam
11%
Solori.6025Lighter.5631Crab Fear.1624kiritsugu emeya.3962Emapudapus.1307jester iv.2618Lilyanna.9361Menyus.4610Chung.3420lightningz.1465DRfear.5234canseemee.8645Moona.6327Saerin.1032Ramilias.6374 15 votes
<13

Comments

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Holo would be my vote

  • Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2019

    Reaper spin to win (shroud 4 with quickness) can be nerfed imo.

    If i played my main fa ele id say everytging needs to be nerfed in comparision to that but these days i play reaper and axe 2 is another culprit id like to see nerfed.

  • VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

    Why is there no “no nerfs are needed” option? :unamused:

  • iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

    Warrior, Scourge, Mirage.

  • Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2019
    Guardian: Mainly FB unending Fire spam and 1,000 blocks

    Where is thief option?
    Edit: to be serious. While Warr needs some nerfs cuz it has to much sustain and offensive capabilities at the same, firebrand needs rework. Aegis and stab spam make fb bis in terms of party support. IMO

    make prepardness baseline plz

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    teef
    it is still evading

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necro: Mainy Scourge with unending torment and fire spam

    I voted So everyone at least has a vote.
    Kappa

    Tingle my stingleberry

  • AngelLovesFredrik.6741AngelLovesFredrik.6741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Holo, Slb, herald, Firebrand, spellbreaker, scrapper and maybe scourge.

    ~ God Tier Guardian

  • Vithzerai.3291Vithzerai.3291 Member ✭✭
    edited May 26, 2019

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    teef
    it is still evading

    Don't even say that as a joke, people will take that literally and jump aboard the nerf teef train, especially given a thief comp won the recent MAT.

    I'm honestly surprised people would rather soulbeast or warrior nerfs than Scourge or FB.

  • Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @praqtos.9035 said:
    So revenant out of vote? Holo as well... pog

    Funny enough, I think they can get rid of the whole Rev situation without touching Rev itself: Simply bring back more condition builds.

    It might still need tweaks and still deserved to be on this list, you're right, but this would improve the meta already.

  • DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger: Mainly Sb with boon beast 1 shot boonbeast

    sOuLbEaSt BuRsT

  • Lilyanna.9361Lilyanna.9361 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necro: Mainy Scourge with unending torment and fire spam

    I'm tired of seeing scourge throw up everywhere and still using skills while cc'd. This class has literally changed how everyone approaches mid fight and turned the meta on it's head as soon as it went live. It is literally the father of the aoe spam everyone hates. Regulate this kitten, or make it PURE support like it was advertised when it was being created.

  • kin korn karn.9023kin korn karn.9023 Member ✭✭✭
    Warrior: Mainly Sb and Bezerker spam

    Mainly Sb with boon beast 1 shot boonbeast

    This is a great example of how clueless people are about what meta soulbeast actually is/does.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Boons and conditions (not the damaging conditions) access need to be nerfed for all professions. It became to easy to spam might/vulnerability, weakness/protection, fury, swiftness, cripple and whatnot. Pure support do not have a job anymore, there is only dps and bunker with load of support nowaday.

  • Aza.2105Aza.2105 Member ✭✭✭

    None of these. What they need to do is reduce how much power might gives in spvp.

  • derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

    everything

    I Have No friends, so I Must pug

  • Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2019

    No thief?
    /too short
    Anyway where's the 'no more nerfs please, we want to have fun?' option.

  • Stallic.2397Stallic.2397 Member ✭✭✭

    @Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:
    Most needed nerfs:
    Holo - Currently has very good mobility, cc, utility, burst & sustain damage, self sustain. Needs to be toned down in at least one of those areas.
    Power Shiro - Currently has amazing burst, mobility. Some change to one of those two areas needs to happen, I would personally put a longer cooldown on phase traversal to start.

    Things that are annoying that i would be happy to see nerfed:
    stealth 1 shot burst combos (mes, slb)
    Boon spam in general
    passive evade/invuln traits

    Dumb things that seem to only bother me:
    mesmers having 6+ clones/phantasms out at a time
    weakness

    Agreed.

    Where is the holo vote? As of now, they are the biggest offender. So many other classes are high burst but low sustain. Holo gets the best of both. So much cc and when they're bored, they just stealth and run away.

    The new version of mirage back in the day...

  • VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2019

    @Dami.5046 said:
    Anyway where's the 'no more nerfs please, we want to have fun?' option.

    Yes! I am so tired of all the nerf threads whinging to kill this class and that! I want to resurrect the suggestion to take everyone’s skills away in WvW and give them sticks! :tongue:

  • Hylo.1968Hylo.1968 Member ✭✭
    Warrior: Mainly Sb and Bezerker spam

    @Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

    stealth 1 shot burst combos (mes, slb)

    Thief does the same (with 1 skill)

  • Exedore.6320Exedore.6320 Member ✭✭✭

    All of the above and more.

    @Aza.2105 said:
    None of these. What they need to do is reduce how much power might gives in spvp.

    So basically make might useless unless you have a ton of stacks, thereby reinforcing that power creep needs happen. No thanks. What needs changes is how easy some builds can stack might.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    if holo is so strong why don't I see it in ATs?
    protip
    its not

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • Aza.2105Aza.2105 Member ✭✭✭

    @Exedore.6320 said:
    All of the above and more.

    @Aza.2105 said:
    None of these. What they need to do is reduce how much power might gives in spvp.

    So basically make might useless unless you have a ton of stacks, thereby reinforcing that power creep needs happen. No thanks. What needs changes is how easy some builds can stack might.

    No it would be the same effect. If Anet is unwilling to change how much might a single character can have. Then fine, 25 stacks of might is now the standard so might over all should have less value.

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    ENGY not my main & no need to mention .. not Bias , nothing to see here, move along. Look , over there a mesmer, nerf him!

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • Revolution.5409Revolution.5409 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer: Massive unending conditions on top of 1,000 dodges and evades

    Not very serious without Holosmith, Scrapper and Herald, my vote is random.

    FB should be on the list with tempest, druid and other supporting professions to see if it's OP or not, not here.

  • Exedore.6320Exedore.6320 Member ✭✭✭

    @Aza.2105 said:

    @Exedore.6320 said:
    All of the above and more.

    @Aza.2105 said:
    None of these. What they need to do is reduce how much power might gives in spvp.

    So basically make might useless unless you have a ton of stacks, thereby reinforcing that power creep needs happen. No thanks. What needs changes is how easy some builds can stack might.

    No it would be the same effect. If Anet is unwilling to change how much might a single character can have. Then fine, 25 stacks of might is now the standard so might over all should have less value.

    And then might becomes a meaningless boon because everyone has free 10-20 might all the time. All you'd do is fuel an arms race, and arms race balancing is about the worst thing you can do (it's what ANet's been doing).

  • Engal.6359Engal.6359 Member ✭✭
    Warrior: Mainly Sb and Bezerker spam

    Wheres holo?

    Also - quit whining about soul beast it's not even all that great lol...

  • Euthymias.7984Euthymias.7984 Member ✭✭✭

    I wouldnt just go with hard-nerfing everything, but I could see some reasonable shaves being made and adjustments put in place for the weaker stuff.

  • Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer: Massive unending conditions on top of 1,000 dodges and evades

    every single 1shot build should be nerfed - power mesmer, sb sic'em, etc...
    every single immortal build should be nerfed such as Scrapper

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zawn.9647 said:
    every single 1shot build should be nerfed - power mesmer, sb sic'em, etc...
    every single immortal build should be nerfed such as Scrapper

    I agree. But you do realize the 1 shot pony trick is the only viable build there is for mesmers. Remove that, Mesmers might as well pillow fight.

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Zawn.9647 said:
    every single 1shot build should be nerfed - power mesmer, sb sic'em, etc...
    every single immortal build should be nerfed such as Scrapper

    I agree. But you do realize the 1 shot pony trick is the only viable build there is for mesmers. Remove that, Mesmers might as well pillow fight.

    If they return old condi mirage to be one of the strongest 1x1'er and not be totally r*ped by thieves... then they can delete power mesmer for all I care ;)

  • Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer: Massive unending conditions on top of 1,000 dodges and evades

    @praqtos.9035 said:

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Zawn.9647 said:
    every single 1shot build should be nerfed - power mesmer, sb sic'em, etc...
    every single immortal build should be nerfed such as Scrapper

    I agree. But you do realize the 1 shot pony trick is the only viable build there is for mesmers. Remove that, Mesmers might as well pillow fight.

    If they return old condi mirage to be one of the strongest 1x1'er and not be totally r*ped by thieves... then they can delete power mesmer for all I care ;)

    i'd rather fight 24/7 power mesmers than have the old condi mirage back without a second thought

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @praqtos.9035 said:

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Zawn.9647 said:
    every single 1shot build should be nerfed - power mesmer, sb sic'em, etc...
    every single immortal build should be nerfed such as Scrapper

    I agree. But you do realize the 1 shot pony trick is the only viable build there is for mesmers. Remove that, Mesmers might as well pillow fight.

    If they return old condi mirage to be one of the strongest 1x1'er and not be totally r*ped by thieves... then they can delete power mesmer for all I care ;)

    never will happen. Condi has been nerfed way until this last patch so what the hell you talking about buffing it back? All this nerfing for nothing?

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zawn.9647 said:

    @praqtos.9035 said:

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Zawn.9647 said:
    every single 1shot build should be nerfed - power mesmer, sb sic'em, etc...
    every single immortal build should be nerfed such as Scrapper

    I agree. But you do realize the 1 shot pony trick is the only viable build there is for mesmers. Remove that, Mesmers might as well pillow fight.

    If they return old condi mirage to be one of the strongest 1x1'er and not be totally r*ped by thieves... then they can delete power mesmer for all I care ;)

    i'd rather fight 24/7 power mesmers than have the old condi mirage back without a second thought

    Why not? Its not oneshot. Mesmer alrdy have no viable builds left. So they have to give us something else = sustained dps. Mirage is perfect, except its too bad now. So return old one and we are equal :)

  • Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @praqtos.9035 said:

    @Zawn.9647 said:

    @praqtos.9035 said:

    @Vieux P.1238 said:

    @Zawn.9647 said:
    every single 1shot build should be nerfed - power mesmer, sb sic'em, etc...
    every single immortal build should be nerfed such as Scrapper

    I agree. But you do realize the 1 shot pony trick is the only viable build there is for mesmers. Remove that, Mesmers might as well pillow fight.

    If they return old condi mirage to be one of the strongest 1x1'er and not be totally r*ped by thieves... then they can delete power mesmer for all I care ;)

    i'd rather fight 24/7 power mesmers than have the old condi mirage back without a second thought

    Why not? Its not oneshot. Mesmer alrdy have no viable builds left. So they have to give us something else = sustained dps. Mirage is perfect, except its too bad now. So return old one and we are equal :)

    Cuz ppl have issues on targeting the right target & not wasting there burst on clones. & complains it's to OP cuz they die by the time they figure it out.

    Winter Nerf is coming!

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2019

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    Reaper spin to win (shroud 4 with quickness) can be nerfed imo.

    If i played my main fa ele id say everytging needs to be nerfed in comparision to that but these days i play reaper and axe 2 is another culprit id like to see nerfed.

    L2P issue. Fresh air weaver counters power reaper at higher skill levels. You just need two engages. One to bait the shroud and another to oneshot the reaper. Burst cooldowns on fresh air weaver are too low for any reaper to recover.

    Even on power reaper itself shroud4 of other power reapers is avoidable. And if any necro spec can avoid a burst, then every other spec can do this as well.

    Most fresh air players never learned to play it safe. They burst and then fu.. up if the target is not dead. That's not even 50% of the build's potential.

    Power shiro is clearly the most overpowered spec in terms of actual fight potential - it's only countered by condi mirage which itself has more than one counter (that's good!) now after it got nerfed.

    If we add escape and decap potential it's clearly S/D thief, which is too strong.

    Fighting berserkers is actually fun as they are one trick ponys - it feels rewarding to counter them.

  • Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2019

    @KrHome.1920 said:

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    Reaper spin to win (shroud 4 with quickness) can be nerfed imo.

    If i played my main fa ele id say everytging needs to be nerfed in comparision to that but these days i play reaper and axe 2 is another culprit id like to see nerfed.

    L2P issue. Fresh air weaver counters power reaper at higher skill levels. You just need two engages. One to bait the shroud and another to oneshot the reaper. Burst cooldowns on fresh air weaver are too low for any reaper to recover.

    Even on power reaper itself shroud4 of other power reapers is avoidable. And if any necro spec can avoid a burst, then every other spec can do this as well.

    Most fresh air players never learned to play it safe. They burst and then fu.. up if the target is not dead. That's not even 50% of the build's potential.

    Power shiro is clearly the most overpowered spec in terms of actual fight potential - it's only countered by condi mirage which itself has more than one counter (that's good!) now after it got nerfed.

    If we add escape and decap potential it's clearly S/D thief, which is too strong.

    Fighting berserkers is actually fun as they are one trick ponys - it feels rewarding to counter them.

    I dont think its a l2p issue...when axe 2 is on a 6 second cd, that damage out put opertunities far exceed what fa can do right now.
    Shroud 4 hits for 15k+ 3+targets practically instantly. Ele has no such comparaable move. Both classes are light classes both classes are 900 range yet Ele has no hp and every dps skill is on a at least 15 second cd.
    Yes ele has more jukes and ways to stay alive but who cares about that when 1 mistake or 1 cc can get u bursted in 2 secs or less.

  • praqtos.9035praqtos.9035 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Passive invul on thieves must be deleted. Just like every death save trait that reward the player for his mistakes. Replace it for something else. o/

  • Liewec.2896Liewec.2896 Member ✭✭✭

    bunker engi :lol:

  • bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger: Mainly Sb with boon beast 1 shot boonbeast

    Holo clearly one of the most broken atm. Soulbeast (boon and longbow variants) right after.

    "playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

  • Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Damage. /15 chars

  • GaijinGuy.8476GaijinGuy.8476 Member ✭✭✭

    Anything I don't main!
    ... on a serious note it does seem like Soulbeast needs to be looked at.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.