What is your favorite mode of game-play in GW2?

kurfu.5623

Dungeons: Only done like 5 times. Mainly due to I don't have anyone to do them with most of the time.

Fractals: Only done like the same 5 times. Still I think "Tier 1" or maybe "Tier 0". And people always asking if they want to do Tier 4 and so on and so forth so... I can't play Fractals pretty much.

Raids: I will never have a class that can play Raids, as I can't play any of those raid builds that I see in Quantify.

PvP: Loathe PvP with a passion. Okay that's a bit harsh... I don't have a competitive bone in my body so I just find PvP boring.I win? Big whoop.I lose? Whatever.The only time I might get annoyed is if I lose by a cheap way, but that's the same when an NPC kills me in a cheap way too so it's not directly due to PvP.

WvW: This is Open World PvP, so it stands the same as PvP.

Open-world events & exploration: This is the best Open World game out there. While yes there's many things in later maps out to kill me, every other Open World MMO I've played, you NEED a party to be able to even go to certain parts.No real way of exploring, or sitting there and take a grasp of the area and atmosphere.With mounts? Even better now. Get on a Griffon/Springer, and get to a high point and just look out towards the horizon and go "Ooh, I never realized this while insert enemy kept kicking me in the Asura."

Open World wins hands down.

Definitely open-world.

I love exploring in games, literally just letting myself roam around purely on impulse and see what I can find. It doesn't even have to be actual content - yesterday I found a cool place to get a screenshot of the sunrise/set from the top of a pillar in Elona (not sure which, I was a bit too dead to keep track of the time) and then later I found a random tree with lots of carrots and rabbits around it.

I like the idea of doing group content, but even with extremely casual laid-back groups I'm focusing much more on the intended task than I normally would. Back when Victory or Death was a 5-man story dungeon path 4 of my friends were kind enough to play it with me so I could finish the story and they were jokingly praising me for my self-control in staying on the airship the entire time. I was genuinely tempted to jump off - just to see what would happen. (After we beat Zhaitan I did jump off, and it turned out you could get under the dungeon and find his corpse in the water: https://i.imgur.com/zbcNCAq.jpg)

I like doing the story too, and I periodically find achievements or collections or whatever that interest me. Oh and I collect mini pets so ever since they started adding more into the actual game with HoT that's taken up a lot of my time.

I will occasionally do WvW and I've done about 20 PvP matches (and entered a tournament, but that's another story) but I could easily spend all my time in the open-world without a problem.

Open world for me as well. I enjoy being able to explore at my own pace. I'd love to do dungeons/fractals but I have no one to do them with and I'm not a super hardcore player. I don't have all the fancy ascended gear neither, costs too bloody much to make and with the time gate I just get bored and forget where I left off in crafting and just give up lol.

Open world for me. I'm not against doing dungeons or fractals or even raids but when it comes to more group oriented content I want to do those with either friends or a guild. I don't hate myself enough to PUG group content.

I'm not competitive so I don't do PvP or WvW and likely will never step foot in those areas until the community toxicity gets cleaned up a fair bit (which won't happen so I'll stick with open world/PvE content).

PvE.Nobody seems interested in running the introductory fractals so I've never completed any of those (beyond trying to solo the first one, where I couldn't beat the boss).

Couldn't care less about PvP and I only do WvW for the reward tracks, though I find it extremely boring.

Well it goes in this order:

It used to be wvw, after completing most of core tyria stuff, i mostly wvw'ed and then went on a hiatus, came back and started loving fractals, then another hiatus. I came back for HoT, and was obsessed with Raids, i spent all day in raid, i live in raids. i went for a hiatus again.Pvp - it's a love hate situation. I hate it when i'm losing. but love it when i'm winning. i hate when the scores are close... like it makes me stressed and have to press buttons harder.

open world content... well... isn't this why we all play mmo? lmao...

Archived