Limit hp loss to 30% from stealth.

Skyronight.6370

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wouldn't even nerf that Mesmer build whatsoever. They don't literally oneshot you from stealth, they do like a series of 6-7 hits in a second to do that and ofc stealth breaks on first hit. Probably none of those hits take more than 30% of your HP individually, or if they do, at best you'd nerf 1/6 of the damage by a small amount.

And that's why peeps who only like playing rogues/assassins left gw2 long ago. Ppl just can't handle stealth in here. They can't seem to figure out how to counter it. U say it takes no skill? Well how about other classes. It really takes so much skill to block/dodge/pop that aegis or rely on that passive invuln/stability/protection? Gimme a break... "takes no skill".. Skill is in trying to survive while having no real sustain and every thing can reveal you and even minor aoe can 1 shot you. That's what takes skill. Trying to survive while being naked with no blocks and invulns. But sure yea.. whatever :) The only place where i would agree is holo. Bruiser type classes shouldn't have stealth whatsoever. Stealth is meant for glasscannon classes. It means risk = reward. Tho i agree anet just can't figure out their game when it comes to balance/stealth/sustain/dps. ESO has so much stealth. Every1 can stealth in ESO actually. And nightblades can burst you really hard.. and yet that game is as balanced as gw2 will never be. I think for anet to nail it down they need to completely remove stealth and give glasscannon classes like power mes/power thief different means to survive. I mean.. if you can't figure out your stuff just go a simpler route. Dumb down thief/mesmer and let it all just be casual/easy classes full of passive defenses and easy blocks/invulns. And yet i went from "stealth is not overpowered" to "stealth must be removed and classes dumbed down". Cuz it's that kind of mess that gw2 balance is.

Stealth would be fair if (pick 2):

Stealth de-buffed speed (i.e. non-cleansable cripple)

Stealth de-buffed damage (i.e. non-cleansable -x%, where x>20%)

Stealth cannot stack, duration increased by at most ONE trait in a profession’s traitlines, and no more than 20% total increase.

Stealth applies non-cleansable slow de-buff for entire application period (regardless of source).

Damage application causes a 1-2 second effect that causes the stealthed character to be transparent, but not invisible in PvP modes ONLY.

BTW something like the above would allow ANET to tailor the stealth ability to their vision of the profession. If stealths are for escape or reposition, do the damage debuff and slow effect. If they are for damage set up, do the no stack, plus partially visible on hit, etc.

@dDuff.3860 said:

@dDuff.3860 said:Compare this to any fps game, where you get oneshotted by a headshot, from say sniper rifle? same 1 hit KO from sort of "stealth"Compare this to other MMO, where one magic crit wooshes you

If you're too slow and/or too unaware about circumstances you're in, and your build has no defense while wearing no defense stat amulet (vitality/toughness), you're going to be punished.

you have to aim in a FPS game, not in gw2. and fps games dont have stealth not sure if you re trolling

Sombra in OW does,Also, If you sit in the highround position with a sniper rifle it is literally stealth.

You have to set up your burst in gw2, to get 100-0 at least on builds that can do so from stealth.

You are comparing the auto aim in GW2 with actually aiming and trying to get a head shot on a moving target in a FPS? Can't be serial.

@"Skyronight.6370" said:An easy way to fix one shot mantra mesmers and other 0 counterplay builds is to simply limit the damage you can take from stealth. dosent matter if its one or 5 players, if you get spiked from stealth you should not be lower than 30% hp. As someone pointed in another thread, in true competives games you wont see a stealthed team pressing 1 button and winning. It just dosent happen. Right now people can do the same with holo, ranger, thief or anything that can stealth for an extended duration then insta cast one shot from stealth.

There is 0 counterplay and 0 skill required to perform the above. The only counter play is to literally random dodge or spam all your defensive cooldowns and hope you avoid the burst which is not a good approach for a pvp game mode.

What the hell do you mean by "if you get spiked from stealth you should not be lower than 30%"? If you're on 30% health and a thief backstabs you, should you be immune to the damage? Surely you cannot mean that... right? RIGHT?

But.... just rereading your post again, you clearly state that even if it's 5 people opening on you from stealth, you should still have 30% health remaining after ALL THAT, which means YOU ACTUALLY MEAN THAT. What is happening, why do I have to debunk this idea? Did you think this through before posting the idea at all?

Mesmer oneshotting from stealth is a problem, however it's not "pressing 1 button and winning". The problem with it is actually that you can pre-charge, precats, and instacast so many things and it hits all at once. Given how it's like 6 attacks hitting instantly, the only way to code this damage reduction would be a dumb "enemy left stealth less then X seconds ago? then you're immune to damage once below 30%" which just sounds super terrible. Stealthing your teammates would amount to taking away their burst.The only thing this would open up is trolling to stealth your teammates midfight to cull their bursts. Noone ever dies if you keep debuffing your teammates, giving 30% health godmode to the enemy!

TL,DR; Bad suggestion is bad. Like... really bad.

@Ysmir.4986 said:I think we should have multiple passive proc traits that give you different immunities at 75, 50 and 25% health pool. We must take into account players that just want to have fun playing what they want to play and still have a chance of killing anything in pvp.

I think there should be button that if you press it there is 50% chance that you die and 50% that opponent dies, bad players should be able to kill better players too.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Ysmir.4986 said:I think we should have multiple passive proc traits that give you different immunities at 75, 50 and 25% health pool. We must take into account players that just want to have fun playing what they want to play and still have a chance of killing anything in pvp.

I think there should be button that if you press it there is 50% chance that you die and 50% that opponent dies, bad players should be able to kill better players too.

This is really a great idea for a week-end event or something like that.

Both stealth and teleport/shadowstep are garbage mechanics that ruins competitive gameplay, everyone warned ANet, in case of shadowstep even in gw1's time.Now it's too late for a fix without ruining stealth relying professions.To add to that, mesmer only has burst, mesmer sustain damage is beyond trash, gut burst without giving anything in return (as usual) and it will go meet chrono on the trash bin.

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Both stealth and teleport/shadowstep are garbage mechanics that ruins competitive gameplay, everyone warned ANet, in case of shadowstep even in gw1's time.Now it's too late for a fix without ruining stealth relying professions.To add to that, mesmer only has burst, mesmer sustain damage is beyond trash, gut burst without giving anything in return (as usual) and it will go meet chrono on the trash bin.

Chrono is the only class that got "trade off" where it was given nothing but taken the only thing that made the entire class playble

What they should do is rework one-shot moves maybe nerf duration of stealth on the classes with longer than 2-sec duration stealth and prevent them from having a combo one-shot cheese from stealth by overhauling classes mechanics, for instance, make it beneficial for mesmers to play a different style other than cheese one shot builds if that's the problem, give them more options. I heard some mesmers complain.

I think thief class should get the most benefit from stealth so that's not going to change, but at the very least to avoid cheese tactics, maybe buff some of their other stuff in recompense.

These are my thoughts, I just thought of it because I remember someone on mes forum complaining about a lot of mesmers using cheese tactics, so can we just buff mes where its not cheese but it can be effective? maybe we can find a way to bring back Chrono in SPVP, and if Chrono is the issue maybe core can be the one for SPVP, I mean thief players use core a lot.

@"dDuff.3860" said:Compare this to any fps game, where you get oneshotted by a headshot, from say sniper rifle? same 1 hit KO from sort of "stealth"Compare this to other MMO, where one magic crit wooshes you

If you're too slow and/or too unaware about circumstances you're in, and your build has no defense while wearing no defense stat amulet (vitality/toughness), you're going to be punished.

+1

exactly this. The game design including its balance does not punish, penalize or allows to risk without much effort whatsoever...it only rewards -get out of the jail mechanics, builds with Toxic mechanics, builds, designs and gameplay

@Axl.8924 said:What they should do is rework one-shot moves maybe nerf duration of stealth on the classes with longer than 2-sec duration stealth and prevent them from having a combo one-shot cheese from stealth by overhauling classes mechanics, for instance, make it beneficial for mesmers to play a different style other than cheese one shot builds if that's the problem, give them more options. I heard some mesmers complain.

I think thief class should get the most benefit from stealth so that's not going to change, but at the very least to avoid cheese tactics, maybe buff some of their other stuff in recompense.

These are my thoughts, I just thought of it because I remember someone on mes forum complaining about a lot of mesmers using cheese tactics, so can we just buff mes where its not cheese but it can be effective? maybe we can find a way to bring back Chrono in SPVP, and if Chrono is the issue maybe core can be the one for SPVP, I mean thief players use core a lot.

If Thief Profession is to be remained with having stealth, than that can be compromised.

-Warning-Use Stealth At Your Own Risk - whatever that compromise should be, should be strictly enforced with no exceptions-

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:well the only class that can one shot from stealth are thiefs/de

mesmers need 6 hits or more to kill someone so nothing will change, because the first hit of the mesmer from stealth will hit for 20% of someone life at max

+1One shot in general should be removed from the game Period!

maybe if they remove one bouncing from mirror blade and let 2 hits at max on the same person, then add an animation for clones f1 so people will know when they going to explode, make clones that going to explode be bigger or an animation that keep looping to bigger and normal size, still they need to give some trade off because power mesmers don't have sustained dmg and do way less dmg than other classes

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:well the only class that can one shot from stealth are thiefs/de

mesmers need 6 hits or more to kill someone so nothing will change, because the first hit of the mesmer from stealth will hit for 20% of someone life at max

+1One shot in general should be removed from the game Period!

maybe if they remove one bouncing from mirror blade and let 2 hits at max on the same person, then add an animation for clones f1 so people will know when they going to explode, make clones that going to explode be bigger or an animation that keep looping to bigger and normal size, still they need to give some trade off because power mesmers don't have sustained dmg and do way less dmg than other classes

+1

yeah maybe. Also i agree that there should be more trade off but to all Professions as well

To be honest, I would rather Anet to completely replace guild wars 2 mesmer to its origin Guild Wars Mesmer instead.

-also to note- Origin Mesmer Profession roles are Masters of confusion, Interruptions....in other word, they should not easily to attack-

Also notting, Origin Mesmer Profession roles is to shut down their opponents skills before they use them

side note-

Origin Mesmer Profession are definitely not guild wars 2 mesmer using clones, phant's or stealth to confuse-deceive their opponents!!