New elite specialization: The Vindicator

Telgum.6071

The animation looks pretty lame, but I'm still looking forward to it. The spec has a nice theme, one of my favourite weapons AND it is melee. Thank kitten for that, honestly. I wouldn't be able to bear thief getting scepter and revenant getting a ranged greatsword. Still, I hope they change these animations, but even if they don't, I'm good.

• Like 2

Hey, there is an EoD elite spec that actually looks decent enough in a trailer to pique my interest! 😇

If it does decent damage, that will be something. And I like the Legend(s) chosen as well as the cool sliding animation. 🙂

Perhaps there might be an interesting new mechanic attached to this spec? Beause at this point, I really don't expect to "have my mind blown" (quote from ANet's live stream) by any of the new elite specs.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wintermute.5408 said:

Did they blow all their animation budget on Virtuoso? Because the amount of ripping off other classes animations becomes surreal.

That's exactly what i said too, on reddit. It seems for Virtuoso they had another 1-2 guys to do the animations from the ground, and for the others copy/pasta. Like srsly? 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, SidewayS.3789 said:

That's exactly what i said too, on reddit. It seems for Virtuoso they had another 1-2 guys to do the animations from the ground, and for the others copy/pasta. Like srsly? 

We see soon in stream on friday AN gone get lots of hate from rev mains if they copy past all skills with old animation and call it new spec with one new skill...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Anet says they will be breaking rules this Expac. So far with the first three, I don't see anything substantially different to say any rules were broken.

So if we were to take the trailer as literal as possible about channeling two different people, could we be seeing two new legends?

Or maybe the rev's new mechanic will be the ability to combine two separate legends into one for two more powerful effects, kind of like how the Weaver can combine elements? That will be interesting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wintermute.5408 said:

Did they blow all their animation budget on Virtuoso? Because the amount of ripping off other classes animations becomes surreal.

VFX =/= animation

VFX is the skill effect, animation is the character movement. Virtuoso had no new animations, only new VFX. Vindicator has new VFX, too, so I don't get the complain.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Dracomet.3648 said:

Anet says they will be breaking rules this Expac. So far with the first three, I don't see anything substantially different to say any rules were broken.

Really? because virtuoso's don't have clones but blades, willbreakers have a ton of mobility, harbingers have a shroud that negatively affects them. Those aren't breaking the typical rules on those classes? And just like willbreaker, it looks like vindicator will have more mobility, twin legends at once? and by the sounds of it something with their dodge mechanic(hi mirage), let's see if they break the rules in that regard and give them 3 dodges instead of 1.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Really? because virtuoso's don't have clones but blades, willbreakers have a ton of mobility, harbingers have a shroud that negatively affects them. Those aren't breaking the typical rules on those classes? And just like willbreaker, it looks like vindicator will have more mobility, twin legends at once? and by the sounds of it something with their dodge mechanic(hi mirage), let's see if they break the rules in that regard and give them 3 dodges instead of 1.

Willbender also breaks the rules because it's the first time Guardian can dual wield a weapon.

7 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Eh, barely. You could make the same argument for PoF then, Mirage don't really "dodge", Scourge doesn't have a  Second health bar. These are merely evolutions of existing class mechanics. They're basically expected changes, i.e. nothing substantial.

What I want to see is something that goes further than that. Giving you more than one legend, land spears, or something absurd like main hand shield or wielding a scepter like a mace that some warriors seem to want for whatever reason. That would be substantially breaking the rules.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I wouldn't say those were breaking any rules other than Willbender virtues, which seem to have its own mechanics. 

Vir still the same shatters when you think about it.  Its minus the clone. Harbinger maybe,  since it doesn't get a shroud bar, but it's still gets "a"shroud. I say Scourge was more rule breaking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dracomet.3648 said:

Eh, barely. You could make the same argument for PoF then, Mirage don't really "dodge", Scourge doesn't have a  Second health bar. These are merely evolutions of existing class mechanics. They're basically expected changes, i.e. nothing substantial.

What I want to see is something that goes further than that. Giving you more than one legend, land spears, or something absurd like main hand shield or wielding a scepter like a mace that some warriors seem to want for whatever reason. That would be substantially breaking the rules.

Yeah but we're not arguing about pof, you stated breaking the rules for this expansion. Shroud was never a negative impact to the class, which can now cut their life in half. The mirage mention was both a shoutout to the dodge mechanic change (same with daredevil), and also a salty wonder if they will treat it the same, nerf them to 1(mirage) or boost them to 3(daredevil), but it's a mechanic that revs never had, plus extra mobility.

In any case they've basically shown some of the skills and animations, you can barely fully argue about the spec yet. But hey everyone has a different value for changes, if these are not substantial class breaking rules for you, we can't do anything about that.

2 hours ago, Tchaikovsky.5382 said:

The animation looks pretty lame, but I'm still looking forward to it. The spec has a nice theme, one of my favourite weapons AND it is melee. Thank kitten for that, honestly. I wouldn't be able to bear thief getting scepter and revenant getting a ranged greatsword. Still, I hope they change these animations, but even if they don't, I'm good.

I agree. Hope the animations aren't as bad as they look in this preview. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here because they were trying to showcase the skills. But wow those animations still not that good. I play a Male Norn, so let's see how that play out....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1