DX11 Crash Issue

when the patch hit i would try to load in past the launcher and it just wouldnt! i also noticed it was using way to much ram for a minute or two before telling me it wont launch.

but i fixed it!

i created a shortcut with the -dx11

https://gyazo.com/68d1223f7be51211083bccc42303eab6

i was able to launch the game then select the dx11 beta option in the graphics setting, close out and relaunch the game from the normal shortcut. hope this helps someone!

I have 5 character and I crash 10 seconds after loading into Eye of the North. Black Citadel is fine with no crashes. I'm running dx11 beta with Windowed Fullscreen. No Errors, screen just freezes and have to close out the game.

I did use dx11 mod, but I remove it before hand. But it is possible some remnants still exist. Reinstalling game now to see if anything changes.

Edited by Arbszy.2759

On 9/22/2021 at 6:26 AM, Mirus.8059 said:

I'm having same issue.  I uninstalled completely and then downloaded a fresh installer.  Will launch the installer for less than a second and just close down.

I closed my game yesterday with DX11 on, full window mode and I have only 10 characters. Uninstalled game client when it wouldn't open, now I cant even download the game. The launcher tries to update but then disappears.

• Like 1

I am also encountering the issue where the launcher itself is crashing. So I couldn't patch.

DX11 not enabled

45 characters

Windowed Fullscreen mode

Turned off my Discord overlay

I don't use Arc or any of the other things

Admin event log:

Faulting application name: Gw2-64.tmp, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x614b47b6
Faulting module name: Gw2-64.tmp, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x614b47b6
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000002d805d
Faulting process id: 0x1c3c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7b01749c92759
Faulting application path: C:\Game Data\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.tmp
Faulting module path: C:\Game Data\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.tmp
Report Id: 9c61dc0a-0dee-4c9d-b79c-45e859e8273d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Noted someone else said turning off their TrendMicro resolved their issue. I also use TrendMicro, and turning off trend did allow the launcher to launch. Adding the tmp file specified in the error log to Trend's whitelist seems to resolve the issue as well. 

I have never had an issue with Trend interacting with GW2 prior to this beta patch. Might be something for the devs to look into. 

Hopefully this helps others. 🙂

Encountering crashes too mostly during zerg fights in WvW. I have less than 30 character slots and I have DX11 beta ON. I Have no add-ons.

Had a look at the error logs to find these:

03:04:53Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x193de2
03:05:04Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'xYDfZ.f0qXr'

03:04:52Z Model '0x079941': Permutation 'default' not found, auto selecting permutation

03:08:10Z Model '0x1aed58': LightningSetActionPoints: source action point 'obstacle' not found

There were some about downstate actions too from previous error logs.

Already sent the error logs to ArenaNet through the crash prompt (IDK if that works)

17 hours ago, JeffHardisty.1926 said:

Less than 30 toons, Game freezes for me in caldron forest, so cant access my necro unless I turn dx11 off.

Also while it only happened once the game crashed my whole computer when I loaded into the black citadel a few minutes ago so much that the amd software asked me to do a bug report. I have the zip of that AMD report if you want it.

I have narrowed it down a little as to why I am crashing on my necro. The zone doesnt matter, but having the stone infusion on my flamekissed armour does cause the game to freeze with dx11 on.

It defintely got worse after the fix for the 30+ char issue has been applied. Initially I could play for 2 hours without any issues and really enjoiyed the DX11 preformance improvements, but the game now crashes every few minutes. I even repaired the game client and deleted the `local.dat`, but it didn't lead to any improvement.

I know this is a **beta**, but crashing every few minutes isn't acceptable even then. Such severe stabilty issues need to be sorted out **before** going into a public beta test where the entire player base is allowed to take part.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Radeon RX 580, Windowed Fullscreen / Fullscreen (does not matter, both are crashing)

Edited by xlion.3065

Never had an issue on game launch, but been having multiple crashes on random frequencies. Can usually play anything from 20 seconds to 30 minutes before it crashes, which happened with multiple characters on multiple maps under multiple configs so I couldn't pinpoint whether it was a skill or a configuration that made it crash.

Never had an issue on game launch, but been having multiple crashes on random frequencies. Can usually play anything from 20 seconds to 30 minutes before it crashes, which happened with multiple characters on multiple maps under multiple configs so I couldn't pinpoint whether it was a skill or a configuration that made it crash.

Yesterday, I tested DX11 and as I have posted some where, in less than 2 hours, my game hanged 4 times and there were black textures all over the ground in the guild hall.

When I decided to uncheck DX11,  every thing is back to smooth sailing. TBH, i didn't see any graphic improvements over DX9, only brighter. The only improvements are less ping and a little faster fps. but they are not worth getting kicked out of metas, having to restart the game a few times and seeing glitched textures everywhere. I'll stay DX9 till more bugs are squished out in DX11.

Edited by Mil.3562

5 crashes in 30 minutes with DX11. Everytime time it happened when I was trying to go fast or chain actions (like using a spell while unmounting, or trying to mine nodes right after unmounting or using spells)

I was runing dx12proxy prior to this, which I uninstalled to try the official dx11. I reinstalled it and i haven't had a single crash since. No crash on dx9 either.

True, it's even harder to implement FPS improvements and build templates without having access to the source code.

Though I admit that the "hundreds of employees" comparison might be a bit unfair, since only a small fraction of those seems to be actually working on the code/engine.

Edited by xlion.3065

Actually **d912pxy** has quite a bit of source code. The project  just doesn't have access to the game's source code and hence cannot change the engine to natively use DX11 or DX12. But it proves that mapping DX9 calls to their DX12 counterparts already improves performance significantly. I assume that this project has put quite a bit of pressure onto ANET since they liked us to believe that DX9 wasn't a/the performance bottleneck for many years. 

So we should expect even more performance improvements when the game **natively** uses DX11 instead of DX9 as the backend and I'm actually quite happy to see that it does. What I'n not happy with is the current stability or rather the decision to include DX11 code in the beta while it obviously wasn't ready.  

It's certainly a good gaming experience to be forced to wait about half an hour for 40 people in queue to enter WvW, and then when I'm finally in, the game crashes at the first zerg clash and I have to wait for 40 people in queue again.

I'll leave my details to help but I guess it's just daily chest and then log out until this gets fully fixed.

Windows 10

Full screen mode

Dx11 enabled

Medium settings

No overlays/3rd party tools

5 charater slots