Very excited about virtuoso

Aedil.1296

Hi, I have to say I really loved the virtuoso. The animations are stunning, and the idea of pure DPS with psyblades really intrigues me! The fact that it can go pure dps but has some defence with f4 and the block utility plus the aegis via traits feels like it's not completely helpless like an Ele! 

Can't wait to play it again! 

Not so excited about all the others e-spec especially Catalyst which was really facepalm ( I was really hoping for something usable for Ele this time but no... Catalyst is really clunkyness on a total new level). 

I won't hold my breath for the last 3 e-spec though according to what I've seen so far 😞 sorry! Maybe it's me I didn't get them. 

Edited by Aedil.1296
  • Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4

38 minutes ago, Aedil.1296 said:

Hi, I have to say I really loved the virtuoso. The animations are stunning, and the idea of pure DPS with psyblades really intrigues me! The fact that it can go pure dps but has some defence with f4 and the block utility plus the aegis via traits feels like it's not completely helpless like an Ele! 

Virtuoso sucked and you aren't going to make a lot of friends here pretending it was good. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I loved it too! Huge damage and sustain off the roofs. And it's so fast! And don't get me started at mobility, virtuoso might well be the fastest elite spec on game.

And the boons! Omg, what a boon machine!

Everytime I played it I was like "is there any downside to this?"

The concept is also well thought, in fact, it may well be the best concept for a class in the entire industry. A knife shitting psionic musician!

• Like 4
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

I loved it too! Huge damage and sustain off the roofs. And it's so fast! And don't get me started at mobility, virtuoso might well be the fastest elite spec on game.

The concept is also well thought, in fact, it may well be the best concept for a class in the entire industry. A knife shitting psionic musician!

Quit trolling dude. The best parts are obviously how much access to stealth it gets and how so much condi cleanse is baked into the kit.

My FAVORITE part is its a thief counter too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, Aedil.1296 said:

Omg I feel like I opened Pandora's box XD

I was honest! I really liked it!

That's fair, like I said, if you're an ele main it seems like Virtuoso was a lot more like what you guys wanted than Catalyst. 

Mesmers were pretty mixed about it leaning towards not liking is.  Fine in PvE and raids but for PvP and WvW most found it lacking the tools to be a competent ranged DPS profession and with largely boring traits and only one good utility for PvP.

Tthese were my thoughts from the Virtuoso thread after spending 10 hours in PvP with the thing:

Ultimately

Virtuoso is let down by abysmal damage numbers in SPvP and nothing to show for losing all quality of life from core mesmer as well simply not having the toolkit to operate effectively as a ranged damage dealer.  I actually was excited for a cloneless more psionic mesmer, especially one that could do long range really effectively and excel in team fights, but this ain't it and needs heavy amount of work. 

Also it has absolutely zero ability to deal with enemy downstates.  It's damage is terrible and won't do much to scare away people by pressuring the body normally. It doesn't have the level of cleave to scare away people reviving the body like a Dragon Hunter dropping Procession of Blades can.  It doesn't have anyway to safely stomp the body without true distortion.  It doesn't have stability and it's too squishy to make good use of stability stomping anyway. 

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I feel like it’s a fun spec but ultimately not very effective at anything other than looking cool.

I main power mirage and even with one dodge it feels far superior as a ranged damage dealer due to gs ambush, it does almost the same amount of damage as virtuoso blade songs and then you can still shatter after using an ambush.

I want to like virtuoso but it feels so out of place with other Mesmer trait lines and skills at the moment. Hopefully it sees significant changes by release. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

My Virtuoso was amazing. I called him "Virtunada". He was lovely walking slowly around Lion's Arch in pretty pink outfits and showing its wonderful pink animations. That was the best thing it did.  So i understand that some can fall in love with its visuals, style and ohhh its burst. 😍🥰💖 😅

P.S: For those thinking that its dps will be relevant... I have bad news...  The dps in this game is balanced between certain limits. At most, even being top dps with 4k above others, you will still be completely out of meta as you add literally nothing valuable to the party more than dps plus also the need to be carried. Because your dps without support, boons, sustain, ,mobility, etc, means nothing.  Basic raw dps only matters for casual events.  

But it is true, it will be a lovely prey in competitive. A beautiful lover in roleplay. And a charming runway model for trendy outfits. ❤️ 😘

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

It's not going to be for everyone which is a point, I mean I hate chrono since it has to many set-ups in the rotations. I love to play the rotation the way I want, reacting to each situation.

That is why mirage is my favourite class followed by ranged ranger. 

I liked Virtuoso, but it needs:

• Better trait synergy
  • Better mobility and/or sustain

Will it replace my staff Mirage? That's the difficulty - staff mirage flows so well, has such survivability and good damage that its hard to see Virtuoso usurping it.

However, for those who find Mirage antics annoying or confusing, Virtuoso might be just the right thing.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 3:58 AM, Aedil.1296 said:

Omg I feel like I opened Pandora's box XD

I was honest! I really liked it!

I am glad someone is looking forward to it.  It seems like a fine spec, it just isn't my thing based upon what they showcased.  Part of that was the lack of synergy with a bunch of traits but perhaps it will feel differently during the last Beta test when we can play all 9 eSpecs again.

I think the idea of Virtuoso is fine, the execution, well, needs some polish.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:42 PM, Aedil.1296 said:

Not so excited about all the others e-spec especially Catalyst which was really facepalm ( I was really hoping for something usable for Ele this time but no... Catalyst is really clunkyness on a total new level). 

God truer words were never spoken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm one of those pathetic fools that is intrigued with Mesmer as an idea, but not in practice because clones are just annoying most of the time.  Virtuoso feels much more aligned with how I want to play Mesmer.  I like the "quick flick" sort of playstyle of some of the spells, and keeping the dagger a mid-range weapon is very much a welcome sight in response to the current melee meta.  I'm surprised so many people aren't in favor of it.  Some of these other elites are far more underwhelming.

33 minutes ago, Borked.6824 said:

I'm one of those pathetic fools that is intrigued with Mesmer as an idea, but not in practice because clones are just annoying most of the time.  Virtuoso feels much more aligned with how I want to play Mesmer.  I like the "quick flick" sort of playstyle of some of the spells, and keeping the dagger a mid-range weapon is very much a welcome sight in response to the current melee meta.  I'm surprised so many people aren't in favor of it.  Some of these other elites are far more underwhelming.

A 1200 range weapon is a long range weapon not a mid-range one. All them are in beta, so wait until the expansion's release to watch the final result. Other specializations (not elites) have the potential to improve easily. But i bet that the Virtuoso will remain the same we watched, only with some bug fixes, and that includes all its flaws in design or, maybe, how gentle and weak was done on purpose.

• Like 3

On 10/3/2021 at 9:44 AM, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Well, there is a way to give it a musical background without having to redesign anything. Even, at the same time, making the specialization even fairer. Developers would only need a single short animation and accompanying sound. As simple and inexpensive as that. And add it to the beginning of each skill except auto-attack, doing first the animation and then the normal cast. In the auto attack, maybe, add it every third attack...  😏😲

A playing a whistle for 0.5 seconds of animation would work. With a pleasant shrill sound that warns that you are going to attack in a radius of 2400 around you. That way you would make it musical, a true "Virtuoso" of the whistle and also the fairest specialization with its beloved enemies that you can imagine. And only just adding 0.5s of casting / animation time to its skills!!!!  😲🥳👋👋

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2021 at 4:23 AM, mortrialus.3062 said:

Virtuoso sucked and you aren't going to make a lot of friends here pretending it was good. 

I think Virtuoso as an Elite spec looks fantastic and I am very much looking forward to it. Might be on the simpler side, but that's totally fine. I like it. If players here don't wanna be friends because I don't share their sentiment on Virtuoso: hey, don't bother then.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nyel.1843 said:

I think Virtuoso as an Elite spec looks fantastic and I am very much looking forward to it. Might be on the simpler side, but that's totally fine. I like it. If players here don't wanna be friends because I don't share their sentiment on Virtuoso: hey, don't bother then.

Try playing it instead of just looking at it. 

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Try playing it instead of just looking at it. 

It won't change my mind that I very much like the straightforward concept. And if it feels underpowered or not isn't to be judged by now as we're four months away from launch and balancing hasn't even started yet. 

I like the concept, I like the bursty nature and I absolutely love the visuals. There's just nothing for me to complain right now. If it's still underpowered in 4 months, then I'll voice my concerns. 

Edited by Nyel.1843
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nyel.1843 said:

It won't change my mind that I very much like the straightforward concept. And if it feels underpowered or not isn't to be judged by now as we're four months away from launch and balancing hasn't even starting yet. 

I like the concept, I like the bursty nature and I absolutely love the visuals. There's just nothing for me to complain. If it's still underpowered in 4 months, then I'll voice my concerns. 

Just play Staff ele and camp fire.

13 hours ago, Nyel.1843 said:

It won't change my mind that I very much like the straightforward concept. And if it feels underpowered or not isn't to be judged by now as we're four months away from launch and balancing hasn't even started yet. 

I like the concept, I like the bursty nature and I absolutely love the visuals. There's just nothing for me to complain right now. If it's still underpowered in 4 months, then I'll voice my concerns. 

But.. it has little to do with burst because you will have hard time landing your shatters. It is cool you like the visuals of course, but you will not be able to do any endgame with it. Unless you like farming metas exlusively. There also you will underperform in comparison to other Mesmer specs tho as you’ll get less kills.

I can already picture threads like ‘how to kill quick on my virtuoso?’

2 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

But.. it has little to do with burst because you will have hard time landing your shatters. It is cool you like the visuals of course, but you will not be able to do any endgame with it. Unless you like farming metas exlusively. There also you will underperform in comparison to other Mesmer specs tho as you’ll get less kills.

I can already picture threads like ‘how to kill quick on my virtuoso?’

What you're talking about is balance and that's something I specifically said I wouldn't be talking about because it hasn't been done yet.  

13 hours ago, Nyel.1843 said:

Dunno what you're talking about "bursty".  Core GS mesmer with one clone will F1 harder than a Virtuoso with a 5 blade F1. And it can do that immediately with just one cast of Mirror Blade.  None of the build up of Virtuoso for far higher burst damage.

It's not just that virtuoso is straightforward, it lacks all elements of sabotage that makes mesmer mesmer alongside losing all quality of life from core in exchange for straight downgrades with no upside. And dagger lacks the tools needed to succeed as a ranged damage dealer.

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1