WIN TRADING NEEDS TO STOP NOW. TEAPOT'S MESSAGE TO THE COMMUNITY .

@Fire Attunement.9835  @Cal Cohen.2358

The perception of a compromised PVP system due to unaddressed WinTrading is a problem for current and future players.

Guild Wars 2's PvP scene is being slowly eroded by unscrupulous action from some of the "top" players within the community. Let's talk about why this is an INCREDIBLY serious problem, and what needs to be done about it

Please see Teapot's youtube take on the situation here 

The last thing we need is for word to get out there into the general MMO population that GW2's PvP has become (more of) a joke.

This will have a potential impact to Anet financially - what about people that like both PvP and PvE ?  This may sway a person's decision about whether they commit to GW2 or say New World as a better alternative.

Please address this now.

Thank you .

Edited by Little Howl.5231
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

His solution is to get more people playing but that is kind of easier said than done

The perception is definitely there though and its a bummer for a few reasons.  Someone who plays solo and works hard at their games might be a good player and proud of their accomplishments but the state of pvp means whatever rewards they earn through their own skill and effort means nothing to most other pvp players. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

honestly, to a point community needs to moderate itself. the moment other top players queue mat with wintraders and dont care if others win-trade the games like this die.
even if you dont wintrade yourself, playing with people that do just lets them do it scot free, and honestly they are at fault too.
I remember playing old rts game where 1 unit was overpowered, and it was simply commonly agreed to never used.
and people that used those units were simply kicked from games and ignored, play fair or kitten off.
If I play X game with my friend and he is cheating, me playing with him makes me guilty too, they should say, hey Y stop being a prick nobody cares about rankings, stop ruining the game for others jeez.
And even if you dont care about ranking, or for drama or anything else, do it for the game. The game WILL and IS going to kitten the longer this goes on, its always a slow process.
kitten win-traders man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

I think it's high time that ANet express their commitment to PvP as a game mode. We've heard lots and lots about their plans for fishing and boats and especs, and their plans to make WvW alliances a reality. What about PvP? Is it even on the radar? 

The only ray of hope I've gleaned from their recent releases has been their promise to invest more in profession balance once EoD is released... but even this was said in the context of WvW. Thus, us PvPers are essentially hoping that their eventual investment in WvW balance will have positive trickle-down effects on PvP.

But PvP has plenty of problems of it's own, and it still has a passionate (though perhaps comparatively small and increasingly bitter) fanbase that deserves support.

ANet, I hope you're listening. I know you have a passion for creating new content and opening new worlds for players to explore, but if you continue to allow your existing game modes to fall into disrepair, no amount of fishing rods or gem store boat skins will make GW2 great again.

17 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

and their plans to make WvW alliances a reality. What about PvP? Is it even on the radar? 

After 3 years of complete silence since first announement, during which time sPvP has had several additions. So dont kitten compare it to sPvP.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Things get this bad when devs just don't care about the game they develop beyond the 9-5 motivation, unfortunately all to common these days in the industry it feels like.

Every once in awhile they'll do something for appearance sake but never because they care about the integrity or play-ability of the game.

Balance, bots/exploits/bugs, wintrading, ect just doesn't matter to them. If it's not a project they get assigned then it just doesn't even exist.

• Confused 1

2021 and you still care about wintrading, lmao. Just get over it, pvp community is so small that ANet simply doesnt care, they create new elite specs in order to fit PvE, they make balance patches in order to fit PvE, thats the main game-mode and it wont change. 

Do you really think that a worthless title will make your e-pp bigger? Or maybe you care about gameplay, if so then Id suggest e.g. taking care of bots first because for outsiders its way more ridiculous to see bots in ranked games and it scares/laughs them away (like imagine seeing bot in WoW arena, lol).
And why its worthless you ask? Ill skip "skill" part and just remind you that certain person, blue hair/cake guild/zero mechanical skills, been proven wintrading in mat long time ago and not only havent been permabanned but also kept the title. There are still decent skilled ppl playing the game that deserve title, but last time I checked gw2, people showing pvp titles were usually way easier to sh*t on than ppl without them.

Edited by Widmo.3186
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

To get more people to play this game's sPvP ANET HAS TO GET PRACTICAL.

Conquest is trash right now because 5 people on a team means it's harder to manage trolls/win traders/bots.

Just get rid of conquest/stronghold and FOCUS ON 2V2/3V3 modes and BALANCE AROUND THAT. Conquest was kind of all right when it was around launch up to 2015 where teams were forming, the game was fresh and people actually enjoyed pvp more. Now that teams are not forming anymore, and YOUR GENUINE SPVP POPULATION DROPPED because of your bad spvp reputation, you NEED TO BE PRACTICAL ANET AND JUST SCRAP THIS TRASH GAME MODE CALLED CONQUEST, and focus on a real game mode and balance around that. It would be easier to manage if they would just swallow their pride and drop this garbage game mode. Nobody actually likes to rotate, people on average would rather simply fight to the death.

If they want to survive vs. Amazon's new world (which has GREAT POTENTIAL btw), this is what they should be doing. Just BE PRACTICAL ANET.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9

35 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Conquest is trash right now because 5 people on a team means it's harder to manage trolls/win traders/bots.

Just get rid of conquest/stronghold and FOCUS ON 2V2/3V3 modes and BALANCE AROUND THAT. Conquest was kind of all right when it was around launch up to 2015 where teams were forming, the game was fresh and people actually enjoyed pvp more. Now that teams are not forming anymore, and YOUR GENUINE SPVP POPULATION DROPPED because of your bad spvp reputation, you NEED TO BE PRACTICAL ANET AND JUST SCRAP THIS TRASH GAME MODE CALLED CONQUEST, and focus on a real game mode and balance around that. It would be easier to manage if they would just swallow their pride and drop this garbage game mode. Nobody actually likes to rotate, people on average would rather simply fight to the death.

If they want to survive vs. Amazon's new world (which has GREAT POTENTIAL btw), this is what they should be doing. Just BE PRACTICAL ANET.

1. Conquest is a well designed gamemode. 

2. New teams forming up, but most of you actually don't see it, in the past 2 month I got a lot of good games with a lot of good gamers in ranked and at (Europe). 

3. Teamdeathmatch could be permanent I wouldn't mind but it shouldn't be the main game mod ever, anyways balancing around conquest does also apply to tdm, nerfing scourge for conquest did also nerf it in Teamdeathmatch (surprise!!). 

4. New world can get somr players but over time they will come back and maybe even fill the servers, it's an insane grind and the combat system is indeed fun, but no where near close to gw2 combat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

actually no. Anet should not listen to this at all.

I would advise you to do some research…use logical experiments to try and guess practically what actually happens as a consequence of what you are asking to do.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

ANet please dont reas this post

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

1. Conquest is a well designed gamemode. 

2. New teams forming up, but most of you actually don't see it, in the past 2 month I got a lot of good games with a lot of good gamers in ranked and at (Europe). 

3. Teamdeathmatch could be permanent I wouldn't mind but it shouldn't be the main game mod ever, anyways balancing around conquest does also apply to tdm, nerfing scourge for conquest did also nerf it in Teamdeathmatch (surprise!!). 

4. New world can get somr players but over time they will come back and maybe even fill the servers, it's an insane grind and the combat system is indeed fun, but no where near close to gw2 combat. 

Nw is garbage, slow paced 3 skills trash combat with Tibia animations 

• Like 2

Enjoyed listening to TP's astute assessment. 

The game mode lacks integrity and according to TP, even if just a small percentage of players wintrade or bot, it has already created a negative perception and will take a lot of effort to re-build that trust and reputation. 

The lower the population, the easier to abuse. It is a sampling error basically and it is harder to algorithmically detect and it counts more. 

Larger populations make it easier to detect anomalies algorithmically AND lower the incentive or value in doing it because of the additional aggregate data. It also matters if something is growing or dying. There is entropy and selfishness everywhere. Do enough people care to offset it? If not, then death spiral it is. 

Anet has a LOT of work to do to save this. Bot detection is probably the easiest fix. Win trading, they can collect and compare data between communication in-game and detecting certain patterns and behaviors. A team would need to perform this diagnosis. 

The hardest part is winning trust back and exponentially grow the population. 

Edited by Pimsley.3681
spacing and grammar

6 hours ago, Widmo.3186 said:

2021 and you still care about wintrading, lmao. Just get over it, pvp community is so small that ANet simply doesnt care, they create new elite specs in order to fit PvE, they make balance patches in order to fit PvE, thats the main game-mode and it wont change. 

Do you really think that a worthless title will make your e-pp bigger? Or maybe you care about gameplay, if so then Id suggest e.g. taking care of bots first because for outsiders its way more ridiculous to see bots in ranked games and it scares/laughs them away (like imagine seeing bot in WoW arena, lol).
And why its worthless you ask? Ill skip "skill" part and just remind you that certain person, blue hair/cake guild/zero mechanical skills, been proven wintrading in mat long time ago and not only havent been permabanned but also kept the title. There are still decent skilled ppl playing the game that deserve title, but last time I checked gw2, people showing pvp titles were usually way easier to sh*t on than ppl without them.

The problem is that it makes ranked games less fun than unranked, which shouldn't be the case. It's not a big problem in gold and below, but as soon as you hit top-250 land you WILL see some kitten and it makes the games really aids. I've seen some blatant crap like alts on core specs intentionally throwing games to snipe other peoples rating. 

Edited by Master Ketsu.4569
  • Like 1

Also stop pretending that ANET has the staff and man power to even manage conquest anymore. ANET has already adapted the strategy of slow burn and they're probably not going to hire anymore people to do anything for sPvP. If sPvP is actually managed by a handful of people, ANET NEEDS TO START BEING PRACTICAL.

Even when conquest had the population and teams were forming, they never really punished win trading/afkers. What makes you think they're going to care and manage an obnoxious mode NOW?

There would be less of these anti-fun occurrences and more chance to have fun if the main mode wasn't conquest and they balanced classes (like Necro) for 2v2/3v3. Win trading probably won't stop sure but you get higher chances of genuine games with 2v2/3v3 since finding 1/2 other people to play with is easier than doing 5v5s with a premade. If you want the staff to be able to actually punish win trading, then obviously they need more competent people as well and fire the incompetent ones, but again ANET is slow burning so they probably don't care.

• Like 2

There would be less of these anti-fun occurrences and more chance to have fun if the main mode wasn't conquest and they balanced classes (like Necro) for 2v2/3v3.

alright…why? Why would one mode be more fun then another mode?

Define fun and “anti-fun”?

What would “balance” for 2v2 or 3v3 look like?

20 hours ago, Widmo.3186 said:

Massively Op and Kotaku are going to do a news article on the issue and reach out to Arenanet for an official comment

Edited by Little Howl.5231
  • Like 2

Well at least someone with a large platform finally said it. 

Anet does seem to listen to people like Teapot so the message might reach them at the very least. 

Whether or not they actually do something about it... Much as I'd like to be, I'm not optimistic here. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

alright…why? Why would one mode be more fun then another mode?

Define fun and “anti-fun”?

What would “balance” for 2v2 or 3v3 look like?

there is more kitten to do in 5v5.
you can duel, roam, teamfight. rotations matter, team-comps are more interesting and you can have different win conditions 
2v2/3v3 is all about ooga booga aoe spam and it cant be balanced not unless they do 2v2/3v3 only pvp changes and that aint happening 

The narrative is already out about GW2 pvp i can confirm i have quite a few friends that will not touch this game due to its balance team, Anet has about as bad as a reputation as Riot games minus the ease of use of a moba cause all you do in those games is point and click and you normally only have 4 buttons.

Nobody considers this game anything more then casual trash atm even though the combat is great and its on the heels of pvp raids and the community being absolutely kitten for them, not in the usual elite way, for pvp our devs have absolutely no direction and that rubs off on the playbase hence everything needs to get nerfed which explains our 9 years of just removing content because the devs have no vision so nothing is off the table, and the PvE community is terrible thats not on Anet or maybe it is? I've never seen optional casual pve content in which the community were more serious about clearing this ff14 savage modes i did a12s back in heavensward is 20x harder then anything in this game yet this games community is 100x more kitten.

This is coming from a player who has.

2.5k spvp games played max rating achieved 1430

LNHB in fotm

Various Raiding achievements.

I do not WvW much due to massive fps drops.
Ow Pve and achievement hunting does not interest me i spend no time there i spend time in game modes that should harbor the most dedicated people (core playerbase) I did finish HoT and PoF and i do some LW stories here and their those things feel like a single player game 😕

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 1