Untamed Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

On 10/27/2021 at 4:10 AM, Draeyon.4392 said:

Jacaranda is not casting Photosynthesize as untamed.

I may be wrong about this, but, I believe that it only can be used when the pet is missing sufficient health for the full amount of healing to be taken in. (Still a bug)

Beastmastery trait Natural Healing doesn't trigger at all, I did test to see it worked with the Untamed spec unequipped, it did.
The pet abilities UI doesn't display the bound key underneath the first and third skills (it displays nothing, not even a black cycle with 3 dots).  My bound keys for those skill where on the default F1 and F3.

If you repeatedly press the first skill (default bind F1), the pet will reset its animation or "stutter step" even when the skill is on cooldown.  I didn't test if the other pet skills had the same interaction.  The pet doesn't do this with the ranger base pet skill attack my target.
The second strike from Overbearing Smash and Unleashed OS retargets to the closest enemy hit by the first impact, not the current targeted enemy.
I couldn't confirm this, but believe Rending Vines was corrupting boons on enemies that were not CC'd in WvW (Trait Corrupting Vines).

• 5 weeks later...

1. If you spam AA (attack no.1)  with hammer while u have the Unleashed Ambush active, you cancel the spin attack.

2. As said before me, When Maul is on CD the Unleashed Ambush with greatsword is going on CD. u just stand there doing nothing and losing the Unleashed Ambush.

3. Even when the pet is on Guard mode, it refuses to attack your target unless u actively command it to.

4. Marksmanship tier 2 trait - Moment of Clarity just refuse to work in PvE, doesn't show the Attack of Opportunity icon at least (haven't tested it in PvP). 

5. There is no update for the damage tooltip if you take tier 1 Untamed trait - Blinding Outburst (Don't know if the modifier is working)

6. Don't know if it's a bug but when you have Unleashed Power (able to do Unleashed Ambush) with yourself unleashed and swap back to the pet to be unleashed, you lose it and need to wait for the next interval.

7. The Unleashed Ambush has no icon indication like thief and mirage, you can easily miss it.

8. Don't know if it's intended - when swapping pets and you have the previous pet have Enveloping Haze active, the 2nd pet don't have the buff / spore cloud.

9. The trait Nature's Shield is applying the barrier after Perilous Gift is expired.

10. Trait in Tier 3 Fervent Force has a hidden (?) bonus, it also reduce the cooldown of the Unleashed skills of your pet without any tooltip saying it.

The Ai of the pet is very weird, when you are out of combat and swing your weapon (without targeting anything or even damaging) the pet will go attack something in your general direction. But in some cases it will just attack something when you are out of combat and doing nothing or just running.

*Important - ALL the notes above are tested on golem ONLY*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hellion.2360 said:

1. If you spam AA (attack no.1)  with hammer while u have the Unleashed Ambush active, you cancel the spin attack.

2. As said before me, When Maul is on CD the Unleashed Ambush with greatsword is going on CD. u just stand there doing nothing and losing the Unleashed Ambush.

3. Even when the pet is on Guard mode, it refuses to attack your target unless u actively command it to.

4. Marksmanship tier 2 trait - Moment of Clarity just refuse to work in PvE, doesn't show the Attack of Opportunity icon at least (haven't tested it in PvP). 

5. There is no update for the damage tooltip if you take tier 1 Untamed trait - Blinding Outburst (Don't know if the modifier is working)

6. Don't know if it's a bug but when you have Unleashed Power (able to do Unleashed Ambush) with yourself unleashed and swap back to the pet to be unleashed, you lose it and need to wait for the next interval.

7. The Unleashed Ambush has no icon indication like thief and mirage, you can easily miss it.

8. Don't know if it's intended - when swapping pets and you have the previous pet have Enveloping Haze active, the 2nd pet don't have the buff / spore cloud.

9. The trait Nature's Shield is applying the barrier after Perilous Gift is expired.

10. Trait in Tier 3 Fervent Force has a hidden (?) bonus, it also reduce the cooldown of the Unleashed skills of your pet without any tooltip saying it.

The Ai of the pet is very weird, when you are out of combat and swing your weapon (without targeting anything or even damaging) the pet will go attack something in your general direction. But in some cases it will just attack something when you are out of combat and doing nothing or just running.

*Important - ALL the notes above are tested on golem ONLY*

3. This one is incredibly good and should be the standard pets work. E.g. lets you control the pet bubble better.

8. Every buff is lost when you swap. Nothing new to Untamed.

9. Most likely intended behavior. Getting the barrier after casting the skill instead of after healing is working against the skill. Lower health = more healing and earlier barrier prevents that. You can't die anyway.

Edited by Miellyn.6847

58 minutes ago, Miellyn.6847 said:

3. This one is incredibly good and should be the standard pets work. E.g. lets you control the pet bubble better.

8. Every buff is lost when you swap. Nothing new to Untamed.

9. Most likely intended behavior. Getting the barrier after casting the skill instead of after healing is working against the skill. Lower health = more healing and earlier barrier prevents that. You can't die anyway.

I disagree on 3. i don't want to micro my pet THAT much in at least in  PvE (in PvP i don't have a lot of exp), if i attack a target i assume my pet will follow me. I don't want to find out after the boss is killed that my pet was just standing and staring at the boss. If i need to make the pet TP and use the spore bubble on a different target i will swap to the other target anyway to make the pet attack it instead. commanding your pet especially on Untamed were the attack my target is on F6 by default which is a hassle.

the Ai in general seems even more wonky than the usual pet Ai (which ain't a star to begin with).

On 8 it just feels bad that that u 'wasted' the bubble, nothing more.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gomes.5643 said:

I sometimes had the case where my pet would run back to me when I shadow-steped it with f1 to the enemy instead of actually attacking it.

Yes, seen that too. And F1 shouldn't even be possible to use unless the pet is in range.
They sure got a lot of things to fix still...

Edited by OGDeadHead.8326
  • Like 1

Harmonic Cry isn't healing for its full amount (6520 per the tooltip) when you use it in Unleashed Mode and its recharge, which should be 32 when traited, is actually 36.

https://imgur.com/gallery/egx6MrH

Blinding Outburst doesn't show its damage increase in the tooltip of ambush nor Venomous Outburst.

Edited by Soilder.3607

Not totally sure if this is a bug or not but the unleash ambush skills on the core weapons feel kinda wonky, or at least on the greatsword it does.

For starters, it felt like it only swapped over to the ambush skill if I was in combat. 
Then I after starting combat, I could reliably get the ambush skill and activate it but only if I hadn’t really done any weapon skills (or maybe just the 1, need to test that more) but if I tried unleashing mid rotation, it would change to the ambush skill but it’d be put on cooldown. Then at some point it’d swap back to the regular version of the skill before it came off cooldown. It’s possible this also could have been a weird interaction with the 5 resetting cooldowns.

On a minor note: please change the art of the ambush skill, possibly to the purple the hammer skills have to make it easier to tell when it changes versions. This was giving me a lot of trouble when I was testing the above bug. I know this part should technically go into the feedback thread but as the bug and this was really all I had to say, I felt it wasn’t worth making a separate post for it. 

On 12/2/2021 at 4:14 AM, Soilder.3607 said:

Harmonic Cry isn't healing for its full amount (6520 per the tooltip) when you use it in Unleashed Mode and its recharge, which should be 32 when traited, is actually 36.

https://imgur.com/gallery/egx6MrH

Indeed, and that sucks. I think it heals for 1340x3. I'm also wondering if the skill really has a 1500 range?

Edit: Misread. The radius of the heal is 240.

Edited by OGDeadHead.8326

Not sure if it's something that was overlooked, however in the beast mastery trait line, for the minor [Pack Alpha].  It applies correctly for the f1-f3 skills on the base pet skills but not for the untamed pet skills.  Assuming it is an oversight it probably is also an issue for the engi version for golem skills 

Pack Alpha trait notes

Your pet's attributes are improved and pet skills gain recharge reduction.
Improved attributes are power, condition damage, precision, toughness, and vitality.

Attribute Increase: 150
Pet Skill Recharge: 20%

Secondly, it's been mentioned a few times, but the hammer, and sword ambush skills seem to be overridden by its auto attack chain's.  It works for me for all the others, assuming I'm able to get it off in the 2 seconds before the ambush timer expires.

Edited by Recardo.4286

I noticed a bug with the Fervent Force trait:

If you're using hammer and use a CC ability which causes one of your abilities to come off cooldown, the same cooldown reduction is not applied to the accompanying unleashed/regular version of the skill, causing them to desynchronize slightly.

I show it in video form here if that's easier to see what's happening.

Edited by AnariiUK.7409

I'm not sure if it classifies as a bug but the Unleash Ambush on Hammer (Relentless Whirl) seems to cancel too easily.

Natural Healing trait in Beast Mastery might not be working properly as well.

While in Unleash Pet with build template panel open it repeats F2 skill 3 times in the build template and every F skill is labeled F2. while in Unleash Ranger the F skills are correct but all F skills read F2.

Either the pet healthbar is wrong (probably) in WVW while Beast Mastery is traited or the health displayed in the  pet management UI is bugged. On the non-beta soulbeast I have a beast mastery traited and jacaranda has 41K HP in full zerk ; smokescale is about 40K as well but ~24K in WvW so I'm inclined to think health is displayed incorrectly in competitive modes in pet management UI.

Edited by Infusion.7149

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 8:31 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

Either the pet healthbar is wrong (probably) in WVW while Beast Mastery is traited or the health displayed in the  pet management UI is bugged. On the non-beta soulbeast I have a beast mastery traited and jacaranda has 41K HP in full zerk ; smokescale is about 40K as well but ~24K in WvW so I'm inclined to think health is displayed incorrectly in competitive modes in pet management UI.

The pets have much less health in WvW / PvP, the pet panel is showing the wrong info.  This is like that from very long time. 

The actual health is the one you see in the skill bar.  (20K-24k smokescale, 14K-16K canines, etc...)

Edited by anduriell.6280