Untamed Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Have not found 1 daze or stun duration increase (sigil, moment of clarity) that increases duration of overbearing smash or pet skills (screech).

nature's binding binds nearly no enemy in a middle group fight. Don't know why? Block? Evade? Stability? to low range? There are in the best case 2 enemies that are caged, when fighting a sticky zerg of 5-10 persons. In 1vs1 there is often no chance of binding?!?

F1 pet teleport teleports pet, but pet comes back if you don't attack enemy for yourself.

Not really a bug but: changing pets, changing weapons, changing untamed that are really many switchs and combinations to handle with.

• Like 2

While we gained the ability to control when the pet uses its abilities we lost the ability to control the pet it's kinda ironic that with a pet spec we have less control of our pet lol.

If a ability is on cooldown and you switch targets even if you hit the cooldown ability it doesn't target your target... We still have the ability to call them back to us but more often than not I've had issues where this simply bricks the ai till I can cast a ability.

The machinist is suffering this same problem we need to have a simple attack and to me commands not just a to me command.

• Like 1

1) If the pet is unleashed and I push return to me there's no way to get it to go back to attacking. F1-3 will cause it to use that skill but then it will just stand there. To get it to attack again I had to either use F5 to swap unleased to me and then use a pet attack or start attacking another enemy.

2) The weapon skills list in the build menu only shows hammer skills 2-5 (in the 1-4 spaces), skill 1 is missing.

3) If your pet is unleashed and then you swap to a different elite spec (or core spec) their F2 skill is missing. The only way I've found to get it back (or stop it being lost) is to make sure the ranger and not the pet is unleashed when swapping traits.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Thanks 1

Anet should have already made this change to how they refer to damage (strike vs condition), but two Untamed traits (Vow of the Untamed and Ferocious Symbiosis) say they increase damage and don't specify what kind. Condition damage is unaffected, only affects strike damage.

Vow of the Untamed says it increases "outgoing ... damage" with "Outgoing Damage Adjustment: 15%". Sounds like Outgoing Damage should refer to both Condi and Strike damage.

Ferocious Symbiosis says " ... increased damage" the buff gives "+3% Damage". The buff uses the wording as expected, but the trait does not specify only strike damage.

• Like 1

I've stated it a million times already, so here we go again!

Out of all 55 Ranger pets, 39 of them are actually bugged!

These pets include:

-Arctodus -Black Bear -Brown Bear -Murellow -Polar Bear -Eagle -Hawk -Owl -Raven -White Raven -Alpine Wolf -Fern Hound -Krytan Drakehound -Wolf -Hyena -Ice Drake -Marsh Drake -Reef Drake -River Drake -Salamander Drake -Jaguar -Jungle Stalker -Snow Leopard -Tiger -Cheetah -Lynx -Sand Lion -Blue Jellyfish -Rainbow Jellyfish -Red Jellyfish -Black Moa -Blue Moa -Pink Moa -Red Moa -White Moa -Boar -Pig -Siamoth -Warthog

And get ready to welcome White Tiger to the list! Any pets that release that share the same pet family from launch will use their families attack animations.

Put simply, if your using any one of these pets (Soulbeast merging aside) your damage and overall effectiveness is greatly reduced.

The reason being, that all these pets suffer from bugged attack animations that:

1 - They gain no attack speed increase from Quickness (While they gain the buff, they DO NOT actually attack any faster)

2 - Disjointing Attacks. They're attacks will actually miss on moving targets. (The rates of misses depend on the speed on the moving target and the attack speed of your pet.)

Because of this, a lot of our skills and traits, actually don't even do anything or are only half as effective.

You'll be gaining much less synergy with any pet traits (and there's a lot of them, which is to be expected with a pet profession) when using over 70% of the pets in the game.

And with this new Untamed Elite Specialization that FINALLY has actually synergy with your pet instead of ignoring it like Druid or tossing him away like Soulbeast, choosing one of these pets really hinders your effectiveness.

We really need this bugged fixed. Having out profession mechanic only working less then 30% of the time is pretty game breaking if you ask me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

I notice when my pet is "Unleashed" its not covered like my character would be in the Unleashed state. Just a few green fumes coming out of it. This intended? doesn't really look well on some companions. like the jaguar, black bear etc. I know folks don't like the look but I actually like it versus just a green fumes coming out of the pet. 

• Confused 1

Minor UI Bug: The pet skills shown in Build panel are all the F2 skill repeated while in Unleash Pet state , as opposed to Venomous Outburst, Rending Vines, and Enveloping Haze. It is fine in Unleash Ranger state though.

Edit: Jacaranda's Call Lightning Skill doesn't have its damage split to WVW, not sure if intentional given it is 8s cooldown damage AoE.

Edited by Infusion.7149

17 hours ago, Johnny.1634 said:

I've stated it a million times already, so here we go again!

Out of all 55 Ranger pets, 39 of them are actually bugged!

These pets include:

-Arctodus -Black Bear -Brown Bear -Murellow -Polar Bear -Eagle -Hawk -Owl -Raven -White Raven -Alpine Wolf -Fern Hound -Krytan Drakehound -Wolf -Hyena -Ice Drake -Marsh Drake -Reef Drake -River Drake -Salamander Drake -Jaguar -Jungle Stalker -Snow Leopard -Tiger -Cheetah -Lynx -Sand Lion -Blue Jellyfish -Rainbow Jellyfish -Red Jellyfish -Black Moa -Blue Moa -Pink Moa -Red Moa -White Moa -Boar -Pig -Siamoth -Warthog

And get ready to welcome White Tiger to the list! Any pets that release that share the same pet family from launch will use their families attack animations.

Put simply, if your using any one of these pets (Soulbeast merging aside) your damage and overall effectiveness is greatly reduced.

The reason being, that all these pets suffer from bugged attack animations that:

1 - They gain no attack speed increase from Quickness (While they gain the buff, they DO NOT actually attack any faster)

2 - Disjointing Attacks. They're attacks will actually miss on moving targets. (The rates of misses depend on the speed on the moving target and the attack speed of your pet.)

Because of this, a lot of our skills and traits, actually don't even do anything or are only half as effective.

You'll be gaining much less synergy with any pet traits (and there's a lot of them, which is to be expected with a pet profession) when using over 70% of the pets in the game.

And with this new Untamed Elite Specialization that FINALLY has actually synergy with your pet instead of ignoring it like Druid or tossing him away like Soulbeast, choosing one of these pets really hinders your effectiveness.

We really need this bugged fixed. Having out profession mechanic only working less then 30% of the time is pretty game breaking if you ask me.

Ilam just qouting this so that it appears more often.

Also precision isnt calculated equally on all pets and do not match the tooltips of the epts.

Also: Pets do not use their AA when unleashed.

I am not sure if this is intended or not but the 2 extra skills that we get / command from our pet  ( while not being unleashed ) doesn't count as Beast ability. 

Unleashed pet skills are also not Beast ability soo clarification on it would be nice

.Pic of Pet ability not being considered as Beast

Beast ability that we can use as Core Ranger is still considered as Beast

Edited by Forevereveralone.6385
Putting pic links as proof.
  • Like 1

When I'm in Ranger Unleashed state and I'm using the Enhancing Impact trait, my Rock Gazelle's "Charge" and "Head Toss" skills don't appear to be triggering quickness as expected.

Update: My Smokescale's "Takedown" skill doesn't appear to be triggering quickness with the Enhancing Impact trait either. Am I misunderstanding how this trait is supposed to work?

Edited by Orion Templar.4589

56 minutes ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Pet CC's never activated any traits, that's nothing new (see moment of clarity).

Beast skills are the F2, no other skills. That is still the case with Untamed. None of the unleashed skills are categorised as Beast skills.

Not bugs, just how things are.

Gotcha - thanks for that tip. It makes Enhancing Impact a bit less interesting, at least for the quickness I was hoping to get from it.

If the "Profession Skill 3" key is re-bound to a different key, the "Return to Me" function will get a keybind it didn't have previously, and be bound again to the same new key that "Profession Skill 3" is now bound to. This results in the 3rd pet ability AND "Return to Me" being on the same key and counteracting one another. This happens no matter which unleashed state the ranger is in at the time of the keybind change. The issue is also cleared upon logging off and logging back in.