How to break the rev thief engi roamer meta

48 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

If we really want to break the thief rev engi meta then we need to buff off meta roamers to be just as good. FA ele should get stealth. Power mes should get unblockable shatters and perma superspeed. Warrior should get teleports. This would finally make these underperforming classes viable in the meta.

Honestly, even if these changes would happen, they still wouldn't be used.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Yes these high mobility builds are quite a thorn on my side if Im not playing one. Revenant and engie are absolutely powerful and amazing. Engie has almost everything. 

Despite my disdain for necro, this is why I feel they shouldn't get nerfed. 

Same opinion. Necro definitely not broken, just overly used.  Only thing that needs tuning is lich.  Otherwise, it's fine.

2 hours ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

Same opinion. Necro definitely not broken, just overly used.  Only thing that needs tuning is lich.  Otherwise, it's fine.

Yes!!!

See, like you Polishman, I see patterns and can easily predict the next meta IF a certain class gets nerfed. Trust me, this meta will be far more annoying and oppressive. Doesn't affect me a bit since I play the classes (holo, P rev). However, in terms of diversity, the necro is absolutely needed. It allows for other classes to exist and without it, we are going to open Pandora's box. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Yes!!!

See, like you Polishman, I see patterns and can easily predict the next meta IF a certain class gets nerfed. Trust me, this meta will be far more annoying and oppressive. Doesn't affect me a bit since I play the classes (holo, P rev). However, in terms of diversity, the necro is absolutely needed. It allows for other classes to exist and without it, we are going to open Pandora's box. 

I through some beans and bones and I've seen allot of two shot rangers if engi rev and thief get nerfs. People say there isn't damage but if you don't have some of the meta guys you are most probably gona get quickness bursted with longbow and if you don't die to that you will get smokescale assault into maul world impact. 
The problem with this whole nerf this nerf that is that no one seems to see the consequences and the switch they will make from one META builds that you have some chance vs something worse that you don't.
We all remember Spellbreaker, may be op but it was keeping bunker style of play out and the sidenode was all about killing eachother and it could have been killed in a gank, it got nerfed and condi mirage came into play it relied on passive condi application while rotating defensive skills and in a gank it did the same rotation so it was generally waste of time even trying to contest it. Everyone thinks thinks that nerfing this and that will make the game better, when it is keeping something horrid from play and with the cadence  of balance patches doing grand necro nerfs is stupid, cause good luck from stopping me from abusing FT scrapper for example. 
About Lich, it is stupid that it kills just by auto but there isn't many skills that could push people to burn defensive cds in the game. People probably can't notice how hard it is to even contest long term support guard player if you don't push it hard enough, you burn a lich just to force them to use cds not to kill them.     

14 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I through some beans and bones and I've seen allot of two shot rangers if engi rev and thief get nerfs. People say there isn't damage but if you don't have some of the meta guys you are most probably gona get quickness bursted with longbow and if you don't die to that you will get smokescale assault into maul world impact. 
The problem with this whole nerf this nerf that is that no one seems to see the consequences and the switch they will make from one META builds that you have some chance vs something worse that you don't.
We all remember Spellbreaker, may be op but it was keeping bunker style of play out and the sidenode was all about killing eachother and it could have been killed in a gank, it got nerfed and condi mirage came into play it relied on passive condi application while rotating defensive skills and in a gank it did the same rotation so it was generally waste of time even trying to contest it. Everyone thinks thinks that nerfing this and that will make the game better, when it is keeping something horrid from play and with the cadence  of balance patches doing grand necro nerfs is stupid, cause good luck from stopping me from abusing FT scrapper for example. 
About Lich, it is stupid that it kills just by auto but there isn't many skills that could push people to burn defensive cds in the game. People probably can't notice how hard it is to even contest long term support guard player if you don't push it hard enough, you burn a lich just to force them to use cds not to kill them.     

I'm one of the biggest anti-nerfing representatives on this forum. The patterns are so absurd, once anet nerfs, there's a good chance things will never be reverted. Instead, I support buffs to "forgotten" or counter classes. 

Say no to nerf, say yes to damage and/or sustain buffs to unpopular classes. 

Adjust Lich slightly and necros are in a good spot. In fact, they are already suboptimal for solo ranked Q. In highly organized teams, necros do shine but that represents a tiny bit of the pvp population. Already, I see more rangers than necros in solo ranked Qs. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

It's all about being objective.....you should consider the specs and classes that really didn't get nerfed at all, when some professions enjoy multiple builds at high level..while others barely got one at great level not even meta..you know the nerfing has not been applied properly

2 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Leave everything as-is and give mesmer, ele and warrior a slight buff and we will uncover a truly fulfilling pvp experience. 

If they do that I be they will buff braindead fire-weaver, condi inspiration mirage, and some degenerate passive healing warrior.
Instead off the builds that actually need buffs, you know, the usual.
P.S 
why the kitten did they even overnerf support warrior so hard? was it too much to have more then 1 viable support choice? why does guard always have to be the top dog

Edited by FarmBotXD.1430
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

If we really want to break the thief rev engi meta then we need to buff off meta roamers to be just as good. FA ele should get stealth. Power mes should get unblockable shatters and perma superspeed. Warrior should get teleports. This would finally make these underperforming classes viable in the meta.

We did get unblockable shatters tho.
Didn't help the roaming.
Could use some superspeed too thanks.

Edited by Genesis.5169
This could be a thinly veiled nerfed virtuoso thread...mesmer's beware it might be already starting...

3 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

If they do that I be they will buff braindead fire-weaver, condi inspiration mirage, and some degenerate passive healing warrior.
Instead off the builds that actually need buffs, you know, the usual.
P.S 
why the kitten did they even overnerf support warrior so hard? was it too much to have more then 1 viable support choice? why does guard always have to be the top dog

Lulul. Interesting choice of words there to describe fire weaver. Not all eles like playing fire-weaver and the buff could be done via weapon skills and a bit of core traits. You're a funny farmbot and I do agree about the senseless warrior overnerfs. A functional warrior build would put eles, necros, rangers and guards in check. 

Put stealth on ele scepter and dagger offhand. Make illusions grant unblockable shatters, rework blurred inscriptions to give superspeed instead of invuln. Rework banners into portals, make war weapon swap 5s baseline, and rework arms so burst skills teleport you to target. Then delete shadow arts, nerf shiro, nerf nades and holo/scrapper mobility and we finally have balanced roamers.

Edited by Paradoxoglanis.1904
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Leave everything as-is and give mesmer, ele and warrior a slight buff and we will uncover a truly fulfilling pvp experience. 

Don't forget tap lich (and adjust its cd/spread some damage to other skills because they are missing a go to elite), then I'm okay with this. 

Im really tired of watching necro get buffed, then nerfed and left with skills that are objectively worse because anet rips out the traits that reduce their cds, when you could just buff dd ele, chronomancer (not to video culling phantasm levels please.  Damage oriented) and warrior (zerker and hammer, spellbreaker is fine) and have those counterbalance/get people hyped to use them.

Then maybe we can make mallyx/ corruption not a bad selection once the dust settles.

47 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Because people whined when it was tanky and then forgot about it when it wasn't,  like they ate doing with necro now for like... the fifth time

It was too tanky, warrior had 26k HP, several instant heals and high toughness.
It needed to be nerfed but it wasnt in need of being this impotent. Also resistance nerf hit warrior hard too due to revenge couter and warhorn.
both of which should get resolution as a boon

On 1/1/2022 at 8:04 PM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

If everyone has stealth and superspeed, it's no longer OP.