MMO Mouse recommendations?

Jaruselka.5943

Hi folks! 

I've been using an old Logitech G600 mouse as a daily driver for years and it's ready to give up the ghost so I am in the market for a new one. I'm pretty much exclusively a WvW player so I am curious about what you all use and if you have any recommendations. I looked at the reviews but I wanted to get first hand "in the trenches" feedback.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Just bought a new one.

Had a Razer Naga Chromo and liked it but it stopped working.

Bought a Razer Naga trinity mouse that two of the buttons wouldn’t trigger for me.

Went back to the G600 from Logitech and remembered why I liked it in the first place (and saved anywhere from $40-60 in the process)

I like the mouse set up..  

My only wish is that I could find a vertical mouse that was made with the multiple button (12-20) set up on it.  

good luck!

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Like 1

Well I ran through a G600 with gw2, died in less than 2 years of service due to the left mouse button problems, which is apparently a thing with logitech mouses. The alternative is razer naga which is junk (another one I ran through in gw2) at twice the cost. I had the 6 button one at gw2 launch, perfect as I was using the Fkeys/heal/dodge on those buttons, but again razer low quality. There's the corsair scimitar, which another friend loves, but always felt a bit off to me, but mechanical buttons and the 12 button panel is adjustable too I believe, like with any hardware probably takes a bit to get use to I guess. The there's the chinese Redragon knockoffs, don't know about their quality, I figured lower than razer.

So anyways figured I would give Utechsmart Venus gaming mouse(it's on amazon) a try, a couple friends had recommended it to me, and it's been pretty serviceable so far. 

A couple quirks about it...

1. You won't have the "g-shift" button(which I absolutely loved and wonder why more mouses/mice aren't made with it) and I use to use this for my mount button in gw2 or melee button in other games, but you will get an extra trigger button on the top left of the left button so not a big deal.

2. The 12 side buttons are smaller than the G600 ones, like the entire 12 set on the Utech is about as big as 3.5 rows of the G600, so if you have a big thumb that could be a problem as the indent separations between buttons aren't as noticeable. The facing of them is also smoother than the G600 ones which had more of a grippy surface to them.

3. The scroll button had a little "squeak" when I rolled it every other rotation, after a few massaging sessions it's been rolled out. My friend didn't experience this, maybe I was just unlucky.

4. You get software to customize every key, and make macros (yes even a jump dodge could be programmed on there). The software itself has some quirks like when trying to adjust dpi it's a smooth not grid slider and no arrow keys on the sides, so you have to slide until you get the number you want. The macro maker can be wonky sometimes.

5. The laser seemed a bit wonky to me sometimes, I never used a mouse pad with the G600 on a smooth desk surface, but the desk is old and maybe the surface isn't top notch and the laser was over sensitive, I don't know, but I use a mouse pad now and the issue cleared up (The US one apparently gets sold with a nice big mouse pad, but not the canadian one /cry).

So despite all those minor issues, they were cleared up in the first week, and I've been using it trouble free ever since, once my thumb got use to the side buttons again. Now to see if it gets past the two year mark.

Good luck on your next mouse.

• Like 1

I also use the G600.

My first one had the right mouse button start messing up after 2 years.  Logitech has a 3yr warranty on the mouse.  I simply did the online support chat, filled out a form, took a couple pics and had a replacement in 3 days.

My only wish was that it was a tad heavier, I loved the G502 for the configurable weight.

• Like 1

I have been using logitech my whole life. Never had issues, satifsied. Than I bought Razer mouse and keyboard because marketing. Crapiest mouse and keyboard I ever bought at a relative high price. Low quality, bad response. Mouse died after a year. I would change it sooner but I didn't just because it was like 4 times the price of a good logi mouse. I'm still using the keyboard but need to change it soon because I'm actually playing worse due to bad unprecise key strokes. 

So in my opinion any logi model will do better than Razer gaming gear. Never used anything else.

• Like 1

Don't buy a Razer mouse: it's expensive and it's a crappy quality so it will not last long.

The Logitech G600 is good, but i would recommend either the UtechSmart Venus or the Redragon M908 (more or less the same mouse): they are quite cheap and will last for  a lot longer than Razer (if you pass more than 1 year of extensive use on a Razer you are lucky, whereas my UtechSmart went down after 5 years)

Tried redragon m908: buttons stiff, weird shape, only the thumbpad is programmable. Nty

Tried razer naga: overpriced but quite nice. 

Reccomend: Logitech g600. cheap enough to have spares on the shelf, buttons all reachable without hand cramps, every last button programmable.

Edited by LetoII.3782

Personally I wouldn't recommend a Razer mouse since they have you install bloated software that requires internet login just to use saved mappings and color schemes. Though Logitech generally gave me decent bang for buck without much hassle and one G600 I had lasted for 6 years.

Edited by cyberzombie.7348

3 hours ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

Personally I wouldn't recommend a Razer mouse since they have you install bloated software that requires internet login just to use saved mappings and color schemes.

Well you dont have to, I've used multiple Deathadders for like 10 years and never installed razer software even once. But I suppose on things like the Naga or Scimitar you need it for the buttons.

Either way if OP had a G600 and liked it... just buy another G600. Aint harder than that.

Everyone will recommend different things based on their impressions. I for one dislike Logitechs because I find their fit absolutely atrocious for my hands, they are too narrow for my grip. They worked fine when I was like... 14... and I churned through a dozen 5XX series (poor coating quality on them or my hands secreted acid, it's one of the things). My last attempt was the G502 but I just ended up returning it one day later and buying a Deathadder Elite instead. Unfortunetly not many real physical computer shops are available here so it's almost impossible to try the fit of new mice. 

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2

You can get something affordable on Amazon or something that will probably perform as good as anything recommended here. I would stick to maybe two extra side buttons and maybe a mouse wheel lean for a third. Like your keyboard layout, you want to keep your binds clean and reachable. You don't want to have to struggle to grip, turn, liftoff, or find a button.

You also don't want to condition yourself with convoluted keybind layouts that you'll have to train yourself out of some day. You want to be able to catch a body as naturally as you can. Just like I use something like Left Ctrl to lightly lean my bottom left palm on for no liftoff for clutch skills like Flanking Strike, I'd keep my mouse layout simple and instinctive. I would also keep Shift free if you need an extra layer of binds.

I liked the Zowie mouse I had for that natural feel, that's kind of the area I'm talking about, but it didn't hold up for long. I got some cheap CM MM710 on an Amazon lightning sale once and it's held up just fine and is still accurate and has that fit. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 12:27 PM, Jaruselka.5943 said:

Hi folks! 

I've been using an old Logitech G600 mouse as a daily driver for years and it's ready to give up the ghost so I am in the market for a new one. I'm pretty much exclusively a WvW player so I am curious about what you all use and if you have any recommendations. I looked at the reviews but I wanted to get first hand "in the trenches" feedback.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Personally like the Logitech G604. Prefer the G602 which was the older model since it seems to have a higher quality top buttons durability but the design is the same. Since you get 11 buttons to map and more if you map to the ALT+button combos you can just about map everything to about one hand. Comfortable design, wireless with a pretty good battery life at a decent price. As I said only complaint I have is have worn out the left button a couple of times so if getting from somewhere like a Best Buy get the added warranty if you put a lot of hours into gaming.

First one I used on gw2 was a Razer DeathAdder 2013. The only reason I stopped using it was because of the actual mouse shell had broke where the screws are. I can actual still use it if I find another donor shell from a broken one. The second mouse I used with gw2 is a Logitech g600. The model I had in particular was the buggy one which did not work with ANY mouse pad but worked fine on melamine or textured plastic folder surfaces. The left click started having issues so I replaced the micro switch myself (I suggest you all learn how to replace them as well, because all modern mouse switches have problems). The only other problem I have with this mouse it's it hurts to hold it after a while of 'clawing'. This is still my current mouse but I also have a g502 hero and the vertical mouse that you see in the new matrix lol (zelotes c-18) which I am going to mod the thumbstick into 4 buttons. It's comfortable but it's weird to get used to in the beginning but I would like to start playing with it after I get to mod the extra buttons on it. I'd like to try the scimitar though, I heard it's comfy enough with lots of the buttons I need. For now it's g600 all the way though, I'm mostly happy with it.

4 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Link it….  You know you want to link it…….

😎

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.redragonzone.com/products/redragon-m908-rgb-gaming-mouse&ved=2ahUKEwjo--GJtKX1AhUJk2oFHTpYBMgQFnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw01yWo7uQRJXV0SPyF68dEv

I was so bummed out when i got one, just like a g600 but with Bluetooth.. Perfect for my laptop.

But the Bluetooth has a fob rather than actual bluetooth and what was my weapon swap on g600 is a dedicated dpi shift button on m900. So very typical of ordering from amazon 😞

1 minute ago, LetoII.3782 said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.redragonzone.com/products/redragon-m908-rgb-gaming-mouse&ved=2ahUKEwjo--GJtKX1AhUJk2oFHTpYBMgQFnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw01yWo7uQRJXV0SPyF68dEv

I was so bummed out when i got one, just like a g600 but with Bluetooth.. Perfect for my laptop.

But the Bluetooth has a fob rather than actual bluetooth and what was my weapon swap on g600 is a dedicated dpi shift button on m900. So very typical of ordering from amazon 😞

Lol!  You posted it!!  🤣

I can’t use a wireless mouse…. It just hangs too much and my reaction time is slow enough as it is lol.

I just want a vertical mouse that has 16-20 buttons…. I ended up going back to the G600 after a razer..  I won’t switch back to a razer again..  I may even go and buy another as a back up but I am not certain I’ll still be playing in 2-3 years lol..