Are Taimi and Gorrik a couple now?

Rensis.1034

So in  Champion's End after the death of Ryland you can have this little conversation with Taimi:

Commander: How are things with Gorrik?

Taimi: Amazing! I'm already formulating a schedule for our research. I anticipate we'll be spending a lot of time in the lab together. Working. On things.

Commander: Uh-huh.

Is it only me or anyone else got the vibe from this that our two little geniuses shifted their research a bit toward hmm... asuran anathomy? I mean Taimi is an adult now and Gorrik said that she is the only one he has left, but I always assumed that theirs was more of a brother-sister relationship. I did get the feeling that Blish (Glint bless his soul) was seriously into Taimi, but Gorrik seems to be a bit... dunno, "not there" mentaly for a relationship. Am I reading too much into this? Any toughts?

Edited by Rensis.1034
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yes, there does seem to be the implication they’re becoming more than friends now. They’ve worked together for years, are a similar age, and likely both leaned on each other after losing Blish. I’m sure we’ll see that develop more in EoDs. Feels sweet and fitting, imo.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Originally, I think it was going to be Taimi and Blish. But after the loss of Blish it seems Gorrik has bonded with her too. Considering she's around 20-ish years old now, that makes her a bit of late bloomer I guess.

All the more sad that its close to the end of her life. She might not live long enough to have a progeny.

Does this make her Dragon's Watch token straight character?  Rytlock and Logan have been heavily implied to be bi at least, Marjory and Kasmeer are gay, and Canach is Canach.

Braham has shown zero interest in other people (surprised I only just now realised this). I think Rox wanted to leave to start a family, so she counts too. Her relationship with Braham seems more like family, plus he's not Charr and can't produce cubs with her even if there was a significant interest there.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Rytlock and Logan have been heavily implied to be bi

When did this happen? xD

Also interesting to note, apparently when Malyck was potentially going to be part of Heart of Thorns, he was going to have a crush on Canach. I don't remember if the devs mentioned it would be reciprocated, but I thought the general idea was cute.

54 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Braham should take Jhavi as a trophy and as his right.

That man, officers. That's the one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Zola.6197 said:

Also interesting to note, apparently when Malyck was potentially going to be part of Heart of Thorns, he was going to have a crush on Canach. I don't remember if the devs mentioned it would be reciprocated, but I thought the general idea was cute.

...wait, wha? When did the devs say that?

(Also, Taimi/Gorrik is a cute idea. I'll support it!)

5 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Rytlock and Logan have been heavily implied to be bi at least, Marjory and Kasmeer are gay, and Canach is Canach.

Sounds more like fandom shipping than anything, but there's nothing wrong with that. Heck, I ship my main character, a female Norn Commander, with Braham (developed throughout Season 4 and IBS). She's only two years older than he is (not to mention he grows up quite a bit during Season 4), they go through a hell of a lot together, and they're both Norn...and given the Norn tradition of couples needing to be of equal footing when it comes to legend, it just...fits. (Like seriously, with the legend a Norn Commander grows, who is even left at that point, lol). At least to me it fits. Some of the stuff that is said during Season 4 totally makes it work if you read into it, and IBS goes even further. (I get it, not everybody ships their characters with anybody, but I like to if a good ship sails my way, lol.)

I do think Taimi and Gorrik are adorable together and I can't wait to see more of them with EoD. I really don't care much about Kass and Jory...it's not that I dislike them, I just don't really care about them. I'll miss Canach's snark. I'll miss Rytlock, but boi needs a break. And of course, my girl will miss Braham, lol (tho I know he needs a break too).

Edited by DragonMoon.6098
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

Sounds more like fandom shipping than anything, but there's nothing wrong with that.

The "bromance is romance" stuff between Rytlock and Logan is 100% just fandom shipping indeed. Not counting the easteregg-to-fandom-shipping known as Snargle Goldclaw. But like Taimi and Braham, they see each other as sibling-figures.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Well, he had a girl (Ottilia) from his home village that he was crushing on, but I don't think he was ever actually in a relationship with her.

"She eventually grew tired of staying in Cragstead and began traveling the world with a merchant named Ebbe."

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ottilia

well theres a good excuse to make them meet.

8 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Well, he had a girl (Ottilia) from his home village that he was crushing on, but I don't think he was ever actually in a relationship with her.

It felt to me that they were, but very very briefly, between the events of Flame and Frost and Queen's Jubilee. It was an easily missed side-story of Season 1, but it basically explains why Braham showed up with Rox in Queen's Jubilee content.

But re-reading it, I could see it as being a case of "they went on a couple dates, but weren't ever in a real relationship as she was just toying with him."

1 hour ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

It felt to me that they were, but very very briefly, between the events of Flame and Frost and Queen's Jubilee. It was an easily missed side-story of Season 1, but it basically explains why Braham showed up with Rox in Queen's Jubilee content.

But re-reading it, I could see it as being a case of "they went on a couple dates, but weren't ever in a real relationship as she was just toying with him."

I missed Season 1 (will forever be salty about that), but from what I've read and seen via YouTube, I got the impression that he was trying to court her (good lord I feel old), but she wasn't having it after having seen the 'glitz and glam of city life'. The whole 'what are you gonna do with your life' thing was such a snub...like if she only knew, lol. Oh well, her loss. I didn't like her anyways. 

I kinda got the impression that the devs are leaving the humanoid NPC's open for fan ships. I know Kass and Jory are a thing, so that ship has sailed, but Logan is now open for all the folks out there lusting after him for their player characters (*cough* more like lusting after his voice actor *cough*). Canach is available (so far). Braham is available (so far). Even Caithe is available (technically now that she can't really pine away after Faolin forever). As I said above, I know there are folks who think shipping is silly or stupid and that it has no place in games, but there is a whole other subset of players out there who do ship their ships...and if the devs are leaving these characters out there for fandom shipping, then that's more than fine by me. Or maybe it's just a happy coincidence. 

Edited by DragonMoon.6098
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

This is when it turns out that Canach's comments regarding Anise and vice versa are how they flirt. 😛

In addition to the verbal jabs, I always suspected some of Canach's talk about being on Anise's "leash" was literal. If there's one potential couple in Tyria that looks professional on the outside but harbors intense kinks behind closed doors, it would be those two.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

On 2/4/2022 at 6:39 AM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I'm pretty sure you are right. I believe that she left with another hunter. His legend has grown beyond her anyways.

On 2/5/2022 at 5:29 PM, voltaicbore.8012 said:

In addition to the verbal jabs, I always suspected some of Canach's talk about being on Anise's "leash" was literal. If there's one potential couple in Tyria that looks professional on the outside but harbors intense kinks behind closed doors, it would be those two.

i can already smell goldclaw furiosly scribbling a new book.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4