Just now, witcher.3197 said:

Of course they are cute. Another cheap way to milk the easily impressed with gemstore skins for customization.

I guess we'll see.  I said the exact same thing about mounts prior to PoF releasing and they shut me up real quick on that one.  I was absolutely impressed with mounts and I've happily supported the game with mount skin purchases ever since.  If jade bots are half as cool as mounts I won't be disappointed and you can call me easily impressed if you like!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

What this bot can do that was shown in the preview video

• Speed up your skiffs
  • Energize your mounts
  • Recycle and scavenge items for you.
  • Creates an updraft for your glider
  • Enhance your vitality
  • Assist or allows you to ride power lines
  • Revives you awhile your in down state.
  • Attack kittens

Edit: This will totally have Gem store skins, calling it now

edit2: seems like you can get a personal waypoint as well

Edited by BobbyT.7192
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I saw the vid on twitter and it looks way better than I expected. I was worried a cutesy bot might be an annoyance, but the range of functionality and the customisation shows off what is a really neat feature.

You are right to be impressed, this is looking like another cool addition

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, witcher.3197 said:

Will do 🙂

Anet's lucky to have players like you who can endure year long content droughts and then still buy skins for new features they didn't need.

Hey, I get it, man.  I'm no fanboi.  I just give credit where credit is due, whether good or bad.  My slogan for GW2? "Inconsistently brilliant and perpetually mismanaged."  So, yeah, I speak up about the content droughts and all the other things they've botched, but I'm still here playing because I like the game.  Naturally, I'm hoping EoD is fantastic and they put the support behind the game that it's always lacked.  Do I expect it?  Not really.  But I'm hoping and these jade bots look promising.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

What this bot can do that was shown in the preview video

• Speed up your skiffs
  • Energize your mounts
  • Recycle and scavenge items for you.
  • Creates an updraft for your glider
  • Enhance your vitality
  • Assist or allows you to ride power lines
  • Revives you awhile your in down state.
  • Attack kittens

Edit: This will totally have Gem store skins, calling it now

And more: for example personal waypoints. Source: https://massivelyop.com/2022/02/08/hands-on-with-guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-newly-unveiled-jade-bots-mastery/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

Can't wait to see how jade bots work, and to what extent they're useful in non-canthan maps - given that jade tech is specific to Cantha.

well I didn't see anything implying that jade tech only works in cantha - i.e. I see no problem with moving it out of the region and still expecting it to work? 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

Totally missed that, i can see a bunch parked near jumping puzzle chest and such.

Also would be neat if others could use your waypoint, then mesmer portals would be obsolete

Edited by BobbyT.7192

The functionality sounds fun. The cosmetics have me a little nervous. A constant companion is very much part of a character's aesthetics, and I'm worried that we will only have three options.

1. Have a little green bot flying around no matter how our character is designed. 2. Pay gems for new skins. 3. Forgo using the jade bot.

Even 3 is uncertain, since ArenaNet does have a track record of forgetting to give us the option to turn stuff off until much later than it is introduced.

I very much hope that we'll have the option for an invisible jade bot, or at least that it can be invisible when not actively being used.

This isn't intended as a 'sky is falling' complaint. Just a bit of nervousness. Hopefully they'll explain a bit more during the live stream, and hopefully they've learned from past errors in linking aesthetics to functionality. At the moment, I've got mixed feelings about this new feature.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

I'm just really happy nothing bad happens to that kitten at the end of the trailer.

These minute and half trailers have contained more than a few misleading statements so far so I'm taking "customizable" with a grain of salt until the stream. I'm also expecting some functionality limitations like open world only.

• Haha 1

• ArenaNet Staff
8 minutes ago, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

Can't wait to see how jade bots work [...]

Just popping in quickly to say that I'm keeping an eye on responses and questions throughout the community to make sure Friday's episode of Guild Chat is as informative as it can be! (We might not be able to answer every single question, ofc, but I'll do my best!)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 21

1 minute ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

inb4 jewelrycraft lvl 500 just for those 😉

I would be fine with this,

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

The functionality sounds fun. The cosmetics have me a little nervous. A constant companion is very much part of a character's aesthetics, and I'm worried that we will only have three options.

Some where out there, a Mechanist is crying

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I still find it odd that in the latest trailer we hear the commander saying something along the lines of Cantha being the most powerful nation on Tyria (due to Jade tech), and they don't trust us ... But they are willing to let us have siege turtles with Jade cannons, our engineers to run around with Jade mechs, and now Jade bots as personal assistants.

Would you give all that to people you don't trust and let them run around with it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Just popping in quickly to say that I'm keeping an eye on responses and questions throughout the community to make sure Friday's episode of Guild Chat is as informative as it can be! (We might not be able to answer every single question, ofc, but I'll do my best!)

Please be mindful that there is some concern about whether or not it would be a cosmetic effect that can be turned off. The little guys look super cute btw ☺️

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

1. Have a little green bot flying around no matter how our character is designed. 2. Pay gems for new skins. 3. Forgo using the jade bot.

Even 3 is uncertain, since ArenaNet does have a track record of forgetting to give us the option to turn stuff off until much later than it is introduced.

I very much hope that we'll have the option for an invisible jade bot, or at least that it can be invisible when not actively being used.

This isn't intended as a 'sky is falling' complaint. Just a bit of nervousness. Hopefully they'll explain a bit more during the live stream, and hopefully they've learned from past errors in linking aesthetics to functionality. At the moment, I've got mixed feelings about this new feature.

No, that's a legit concern, much like the HLNA in ARK, where it is constantly there.  I could see that being annoying if it's in the way or one more thing to accidentally click on so to speak. 

As a first look, very cute, very cool, looks useful and fun!   

19 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thanks for letting us know, Rubi! Great to see you here.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

Some where out there, a Mechanist is crying

Yeah, there are definitely specs that have this issue. Holosmith, Bladesworn, though to an extent all specs come with an aesthetic that is part of your look. I'd love customizable Mechanist mechs, Bladesworn gunblades, not to mention the rest of engie's kits.

But the jade bot is uniquely something every player in EoD will have, so it has the potential to have an even greater homogenizing effect.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

I still find it odd that in the latest trailer we hear the commander saying something along the lines of Cantha being the most powerful nation on Tyria (due to Jade tech), and they don't trust us ... But they are willing to let us have siege turtles with Jade cannons, our engineers to run around with Jade mechs, and now Jade bots as personal assistants.

Would you give all that to people you don't trust and let them run around with it?

We will probably have to earn their trust before we get the goodies

• Like 5
  • Sad 1