What is next ? (Story)

Fivona.5061

Looks like the threat in the deep sea still exists from one of the priory members dialogue.
But just from my opinion while Aurene exists we won't get much of an interesting story while shes able to aid us so going to the deep oceans or the mists is probably the best bet.

• Like 1

There is a lot of things that could happen. Let me throw some pointers: Going to Xotecha in the mists, Return of the Human Gods, "The Deep"(?), LW about Cantha's aftermath- featuring The Purists trying to overthrow the empire. Or we're enjoying our commander life with casual activities (nah jk, we just got a siege turtle with big canons).

• Like 1

SPOILERS FOR PATH OF FIRE, LWS4 AND END OF D RAGONS

We'll most likely be dealing with the aftermath in Cantha, especially their energy crisis.

The Human Gods are set to have future storylines, according to the devs. The main reason they left Tyria is gone, so we'll probably get a Charr-after-Kralkatorrik storyline like Grothmar but with Humans and their Gods instead. We know that Lyssa likely doesn't approve of our defeat of Balthazar, too.

The God of War storyline is unfinished. Someone else has to take up Balthazar's mantle. Menzies fate is also as of yet, unrevealed, but may come into play as well.

The mysterious corruption in the Unending Ocean may not've been Soo-Won afterall.

The Nightmare Court, Sons of Svanir and Ascalonian Ghosts storylines were partially dealt with but still unresolved. Only the Flame Legion and White Mantle storylines have something of an ending so far. There's probably others I'm forgetting, too.

The continued existence of the Pact will likely become a political plot point.

The Inquest are still out there, with Kuda leading them.

She's unlikely to give up on using corrupted  dragon magic. Since we literally dismantled The All in the final story mission by destroying all the dragon's hearts (the battle itself seems to be a physical manifestation of the Commander's vision in LWS2), the Inquest will likely find some other way to tamper with the Eternal Alchemy, or even restart the cycle for their own selfish gains.

Aurene could still be a threat in the future, which even she is uncertain about.

The Void may exist in other forms. This is heavily hinted at throughout Tyrian history (and especially in Fractals), though unconfirmed. It may not need the dragons to enter our world, they just provided the most convenient conduit. And void energy will always exist within magic (and thus life itself), and something we'll have to deal with on an ongoing basis.

The main storyline has concluded so now we'll be entering the "progression" phase of the world. What we've seen in Cantha is likely just the beginning of where Tyria is headed.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 5

next living world  i have a couple ideas

1. jade brotherhood / Singers Stuff 

2. desolving of the pact and trying to stop the three orders, and the humans and charr from going back to there old wars and bickering (i expect this to be more of a current events thing)

3 I bet my Ears that the Inquest is going to be interested in jade tech.

4 delving into Luxon /Kurzick

Next Expack if it happens

5 human Gods and original human home world with a large smattering of Xotecha

Edited by dusanyu.4057
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dusanyu.4057 said:

next living world  i have a couple ideas

1. jade brotherhood / Singers Stuff 

2. desolving of the pact and trying to stop the three orders, and the humans and charr from going back to there old wars and bickering (i expect this to be more of a current events thing)

3 I bet my Ears that the Inquest is going to be interested in jade tech.

Next Expack if it happens

4 human Gods and original human home world with a large smattering of Xotecha

A excuse to go to janthir islands(even if just to collect "important magical artifact")  will be great.

Islands, mystery and a good geographic position.

• Fivona.5061 changed the title to What is next ? (Story)
On 3/4/2022 at 11:41 AM, Bobby Stein.3612 said:

Incorrect.

Great One, do you know why there was no hint at what comes next? Is that a lore dilemma due to the required planning stages of either more Living World/Expansions while balancing the after effects of the current story i.e. not wanting to always have world ending threats create battle fatigue vs giving the characters a friggin moment to have peace and relax and let the expansion be self-contained? Apologies for the brain vomit.

Not sure if this is just a weird translation nor if this could be a plot for future but the last words of Soo-Won in the FR version is "I return to the Dream".

It left me puzzled in regard of the origin of the Dream itself as the positive matter Vs the negative one (the Void).

• Like 1

I still consider a comeback of the Mursaat as possible, considering Lazarus was only the last remaining Mursaat that shifted into Tyria during the events of GW1. There is still a possibility that alot more Mursaat are still phased out, waiting. And now, with the primary reason for them to chicken out in the first place is gone (same for the gods btw), they could reappear.

Although I consider a return of the Mursaat way less likely than the gods, even though my fanboy-brain wished for it to happen.

PS: Mursaat playable race and I'll delet and recreate every of my characters as Mursaat. Promise.

Edited by Imba.9451

2 hours ago, Ranael.6423 said:

Not sure if this is just a weird translation nor if this could be a plot for future but the last words of Soo-Won in the FR version is "I return to the Dream".

It left me puzzled in regard of the origin of the Dream itself as the positive matter Vs the negative one (the Void).

The dream is just the mists right?

Does bring up an interesting thought though about where elder dragons go since mortals have things like the underworld and dragons being more than animals or forces of nature and now being closer to what is just a juiced up sapient dragon. Do they go to the mists or just dissipate into magic?

3 hours ago, Ranael.6423 said:

Slight miss-translation if memory serves, as I recall she said "I'm going to dream now" right before she died.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Great One, do you know why there was no hint at what comes next? Is that a lore dilemma due to the required planning stages of either more Living World/Expansions while balancing the after effects of the current story i.e. not wanting to always have world ending threats create battle fatigue vs giving the characters a friggin moment to have peace and relax and let the expansion be self-contained? Apologies for the brain vomit.

There weren't really any hints after S4 going into Icebrood Saga either. A lot of people thought GW2 was over then, too. I feel like there are a lot of instances where we had no immediate hint for what comes next, though obviously we used to have more dragons to fall back on.

Most likely we'll see LW6 and examine the fallout from the events of EoDs, in particular the energy crisis in the absence of what was powering the dragon jade. A few characters discuss it (I think Taimi and Joon). The news holograms mentioned reclaiming Raisu Palace from the Risen, as well as Empress Ihn setting up a meeting with Queen Jennah to establish relations. There are several little hints about whatever mysterious force pushed the quaggan, krait, and other oceanic races out. Apparently it's not who/what we thought it was, so that's another potential thread. Perhaps helping Kuunavang find more surviving saltspray dragons. So I'm pretty sure the immediate way forward is mopping up things in Cantha.

Otherwise there are some loose threads that can be tied up for several races back in Tyria. The mists are also primed for story material. The human gods returning now that the reason they left is no more. Aurene handling her new role. Discovering what the Dream and Nightmare are. Does the nightmare court still exist? Are there other sylvari trees? Cleansing the ghosts from Ascalon. Charr choosing a new Khan-Ur (or not). Asura and Norn reclaiming their ancestral homelands. Peace with the centaurs. Where the heck is Zojja??

• Like 2

We'll be facing Lyssa next and it's all but confirmed that

Spoiler

both Queen Jenna AND Empress Ihn are Lyssa because both walk around barefoot.

Now please wear this tinfoil hat before Bobby Stein comes back into the thread and brainwashes everyone with radio waves from Aurene plush dolls

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

We'll be facing Lyssa next and it's all but confirmed that

Hide contents

both Queen Jenna AND Empress Ihn are Lyssa because both walk around barefoot.

Now please wear this tinfoil hat before Bobby Stein comes back into the thread and brainwashes everyone with radio waves from Aurene plush dolls

Sad thing is there are people that would believe that.

Honestly there's quite a bit I could see happening after EoD

• LWS6 that expands on Cantha like LWS4 did for Elona, giving us more Jade Brotherhood, Speaker, and Purist content, dealing with the inevitable energy crisis the Empire will be facing, and finding out what the horrors in the deep are/what exactly Soo-Won was keeping contained down there before she went to Cantha.
  • LWS7 that goes back to central Tyria to clean up the unresolved plot lines(Centaurs, Malyck, Ghosts of Ascalon, Wizard's Tower, Inquest), while setting up expansion 4.
  • Xpack 4: "Dark of the Mists" dealing with deep Mists stuff like ancient gods, and possibly whatever destroyed the original human homeworld making its way to Tyira ala a Burning Legion like army of Mist demons or something. And tying up the god plot.
  • LWS8 that expands upon the Xpack 4 region, and ties up whatever loose narrative threads are there.

They easily have enough story content for another 5 years should they pursue it.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:34 AM, Fivona.5061 said:

What will be the next threat we will face?

From what has been set-up the Inquest would make the most sense for a multitude of reasons but they could always pull a "something is coming from the mists". We also know that the dragon minions (and thus Primordus) are still around and that the Inquest has an interest in them. Then there is the whole "Rata Sum (and most likely the Inquest too) wants to reclaim the depths of Tyria for the Asura" so we also have whatever dwells down there.