Bladesworn Weapon switching

ceetz.9260

So I've been playing and loving the new Bladesworn Elite, but I can't help but be annoyed that weapon switching during combat is disable.

Like... I get that you have "two weapons" with the gunblade kit, but I can count the number times i pressed ~ to get to my ranged (non-ammo limited) weapon to keep fights dynamic where I couldn't get up close (full zerk gear) -- I also only have an ascended greatsword and got stuck in a boss fight in upper T3 fractals where I forgot to switch to that to have enough AR and was stuck with instant death/useless because I couldn't swap in combat to get my AR back (pretty specific problem though for me, but certainly annoying).

Might be "OP" with "on switch" buffs, but maybe not and either wat I'd still love to have the ability for a 2nd 'core' weapon available because the Kit itself is ammo limited, minimal/limited ranged ability and it's not really an "always useful/available" weapon to switch to because of cooldowns --- my core I used Axe/Pistol (as intended for the class I think?) but also lacks range and CC ... infact between both this set and the gunblade there is very little CC/defiance break without dragonslash perk to add it on which is somewhat limiting -- again a different weapon set might help open this up to be more the "jack of all trades" class as intended -- as-is just seems to  "fail at all trades" (but 130k dmg crits on dragon slash is super fun).

Maybe just me, but if you agree, please jump in! 

• Like 2

Engineers and Elementalists have their weapon swaps disabled while in-combat. I'm never seeing myself playing Bladesworn (seeing as how it's strongest attack requires you to be still to even use it...), but even if I did, I don't think I'd be bothered. Honestly, Warrior EoD Elite should have been a support with staff this time around, not another Burst DPS which we already have.

• Like 2

Junksworn should definitely not have its weapon swap locked. Firebrand gets to have three better kits, yet gets to swap weapons. Other than the usual favouritism, I don't see a single 'reason' why Junksworn isn't allowed to swap weapons.

The way it currently is, the not-a-sabre is worse than how weapons were in 2012 (and in some cases still are) and thus not worth the loss.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, erapago.4387 said:

I'm getting used to it. Only thing that bugs me now is that the keybind to switch to Gunsaber in combat is different than switching weapons.

Really wish that was the case, too. Or that we could at least have build-specific keybindings.

11 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I would love for gunsaber to just be an elite skill like mortar for engi and [Dragon Trigger] can only be available when equipped with the gunsaber. It won't be overpowered if handled that way.

That's unlikely to happen since right now gunsaber is an integral part of the spec. It's similar to if you remove photon forge off holo, reaper shroud off reaper, or celestial avatar off druid.
---
It (gunsaber) would not be that bad in PVE if the WVW/PVP cooldowns were merged over for all non-autoattacks. Autoattack is roughly what you attain on another weapon except you have explosion synergy on the final hit ; the massive PVE cooldowns on all the other skills on gunsaber are the issue.

2 hours ago, Sentinel VX.1392 said:

The problem is that gunsaber hit like a fukin wet noodles in PVE and you are forced to have it as your second weapon set which is rather annoying.

Edited by Infusion.7149

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

That's unlikely to happen since right now gunsaber is an integral part of the spec. It's similar to if you remove photon forge off holo, reaper shroud off reaper, or celestial avatar off druid.

The not-a-sabre should just be a Shroud-like mechanic and therefore be fueled by Adrenalin, similar to how Shrouds and similar mechanics are fueled by profession resources.

Every other specialization with a Shroud or similar mechanic has access to weapon swap (or Kits in the case of Holosmith).

Firebrand even has three shroud-like tomes to choose from and gets to swap weapons.

There is no excuse for Junksworn not to have weapon swap. Junksworn's not-a-sabre is an inferior design for the sake of crippling the specialization. If Arenanet had actually wanted it to be fine, they'd have designed it more in line with similar mechanics.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sentinel VX.1392 said:

The problem is that gunsaber hit like a fukin wet noodles in PVE and you are forced to have it as your second weapon set which is rather annoying.

Not only are you forced to have it, and lose a weapon switch, you are PUNISHED for DARING to do your big damage iaijutsu windup skill by a period of MANDATORY WET NOODLE WIELDING. Hope you like spamming that 4 button!

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The not-a-sabre should just be a Shroud-like mechanic and therefore be fueled by Adrenalin, similar to how Shrouds and similar mechanics are fueled by profession resources.

Every other specialization with a Shroud or similar mechanic has access to weapon swap (or Kits in the case of Holosmith).

Firebrand even has three shroud-like tomes to choose from and gets to swap weapons.

There is no excuse for Junksworn not to have weapon swap. Junksworn's not-a-sabre is an inferior design for the sake of crippling the specialization. If Arenanet had actually wanted it to be fine, they'd have designed it more in line with similar mechanics.

Yeah, the only justification for losing weapon swap would have been if the Armaments were new weapon kits rather than super-gadgets.

But, you know what. I'll accept this if Firebrand has to pick which Tome to keep and gives up the other two by picking an Adept tier trait to toggle them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 3/12/2022 at 4:56 PM, Neo Mortem.3627 said:

Engineers and Elementalists have their weapon swaps disabled while in-combat. I'm never seeing myself playing Bladesworn (seeing as how it's strongest attack requires you to be still to even use it...), but even if I did, I don't think I'd be bothered. Honestly, Warrior EoD Elite should have been a support with staff this time around, not another Burst DPS which we already have.

Engineers and and eles have far more toolkits, nades, holoforge, Fs, med kit, ele Fs, Engineering toolkits, weavers mixing skills, conjured weapons, they have far more possibilites, and this class is supposed to be the "master of weapons" which call me crazy, but core wep swap doesn't seems that bad.

Edited by Zizekent.2398

The Warrior doesn't get fancy gimmicks. Shrouds and portals, and stealth, and pets, or a multitude of kits, or tomes, or domes. (Barring Certain Elite Spec Abilities.)

That's fine. The one thing Warrior was supposed to have though was the Weapons. We could wield more than any other class, in different ways, and use them all effectively. Our utilities are shouts and banners and Will Smith Attacks (Physical) so our weapons and the variety did the heavy lifting. Nevermind that not all of the weapons are even that effective when they should be, Hi Rifle & Longbow.

No, the Warrior should not lose a weapon slot in Bladesworn mid-combat. If Necromancers and Firebrands don't need to lose a weapon slot, neither do Warriors. Especially pertinent because again, Warriors are supposed to be Weaponmasters.

Edited by Altonese.6542
  • Like 6

On 3/28/2022 at 3:18 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

---
It (gunsaber) would not be that bad in PVE if the WVW/PVP cooldowns were merged over for all non-autoattacks. Autoattack is roughly what you attain on another weapon except you have explosion synergy on the final hit ; the massive PVE cooldowns on all the other skills on gunsaber are the issue.

Well they did change the CD in recent patch, but even with lower CD the damage per animation time for gunsaber skill is just bad.

Blooming fire is meant to be your damaging skill and yet it only has slightly higher damage than axe skill 2 which has faster animation and even hit more target as well.

And I think axe auto attack deals more damage as well with faster animation except the third auto. Also GS auto deals more damage even without the trait.

They probably need to buff the damage or make the animation faster to make it feels powerful.

Edited by Sentinel VX.1392

Blooming Fire is 2.0 total coefficient with 922.5 (bundle) weapon strength. This equates to roughly a 1.84 axe coefficient.
Axe 2 (cyclone axe) is 1.76 and 1K midpoint weapon strength. The reason you probably feel it does more damage is because of axe traits and a faster animation.

Last time I tested it gunsaber did comparable damage within 1K DPS or so and roughly equal to greatsword when full boons (i.e. the might gain from greatsword trait is not a factor). Most warrior weapons do 14-16K DPS auto-ing on meta build and gear.

Edited by Infusion.7149