PvE method for Acquisition of Gift of Battle

1 hour ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

There's a legendary amulet and a legendary ring for PvP and WvW respectively, of course there are gonna be legendary trinkets for PvE.

Players who only PvE really should not be barking up the "all game modes should be treated equal" tree.

A great deal of materials, and strait up legendaries in full, are only available in PvE.

GoB, which takes a couple of minutes of interaction over weeks (get occasional daily potions for buying items which cost Badges of Honor of which achievements provide thousands, buy guild vendor WvW boxes and maybe do an occasional daily) and can be completed without any WvW interaction (takes 2-3 months on average) or minimal WvW interaction (around 1 month if adding non pvp dailies into the mix) or within 4.5 - 8 hours (depending on boosters) of WvW, is hardly that big a deal. Plan ahead accordingly if you want to not WvW at all.

Fine then, let's make all game modes independant. Once spvp and wvw are semi close to where pve necessity for legendaries is, let Arenanet add a GoB outside of WvW. Careful though, that also means a lot more legendaries which will be unique to the other modes which I am sure players will again complain about.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Fine then, let's make all game modes independant. Once spvp and wvw are semi close to where pve necessity for legendaries is, let Arenanet add a GoB outside of WvW. Careful though, that also means a lot more legendaries which will be unique to the other modes which I am sure players will again complain about.

Do you actually think that most PvE players will care that WvW players can get legendaries without doing any PvE? That kind of attitude is present in the toxic portions of the Raid community, but that represents a handful of players. I'd estimate that 95% of all PvE players would not care at all if you WvWers could get your legendaries completely within WvW as long as we can get ours completely within PvE. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, mtpelion.4562 said:

Do you actually think that most PvE players will care that WvW players can get legendaries without doing any PvE? That kind of attitude is present in the toxic portions of the Raid community, but that represents a handful of players. I'd estimate that 95% of all PvE players would not care at all if you WvWers could get your legendaries completely within WvW as long as we can get ours completely within PvE. 

Already exists, as was posted in the thread. But I guess people are just too busy crying and the tears get in the way of sight.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:49 PM, Ipomoea Jalapa.6897 said:

You can get GoB's entirely within PvE by collecting Potions of WvW Rewards and Potions of Mist Rewards. Any combination of 80 of them yields a GoB. There are several methods to collect them (see list below), and doing all of them should get you a GoB about once every 2-3 months. Also, if we're lucky enough to get the Battle-Hardened kit again in the Black Lion Chest rotation, then you can get a GoB from every 80 Black Lion keys. So, consider saving up some keys for that.

• Earn Guild Commendations by doing about an hour of guild missions per month. Use them to buy Boxes of WvW Supplies from the Guild Trader, who offers 3 of them on average about once per week. Each box has 1 potion.
  • Obtain the Karmic Converter and Ley-Energy Matter Converter from a couple achievements and check them each day for the Box of WvW Supplies. Play the HoT metas once a month or so to keep enough map currencies on hand. I'd guess that a Box appears in one of the converters on average about once per week.
  • Do the WvW Big Spender daily whenever it comes up, using Badges of Honor and Laurels earned from login rewards, to get 1 potion. 
  • Keep enough Boxes on hand to use on WvW World Ranker days, because that daily reward chest has 2 potions! I think it takes on average about 5-10 Boxes to earn that daily.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

I don't know what's special about Aurora but legendaries are not just about the pretty effects, it's convenient because of stat-changing too.

Shards of glory and memories of battle are tradable, so why not the GoB as well? At least that way WvWers could make a good chunk of gold selling them.

Memories of Battle and Gifts of Battle are two totally different things.. The list goes on for PvE items that are account bound. For example Ectoplasm is tradable but Dark Matter isn't. And those two are quite similar both in how they are used and how they are acquired. PvE has account bound on acquire items, seems reasonable to expect WvW might have the same.

17 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

I don't know what's special about Aurora but legendaries are not just about the pretty effects, it's convenient because of stat-changing too.

Shards of glory and memories of battle are tradable, so why not the GoB as well? At least that way WvWers could make a good chunk of gold selling them.

Memories of Battle and Gifts of Battle are two totally different things.. The list goes on for PvE items that are account bound. For example Ectoplasm is tradable but Dark Matter isn't. And those two are quite similar both in how they are used and how they are acquired. PvE has account bound on acquire items, seems reasonable to expect WvW might have the same.

• 11 months later...

For all these people saying you should have to play all game modes, I call complete BS. I don't enjoy WvW and I play for enjoyment. When GW2 first launched, I distinctly remember the developers lauding the fact you could play the game the way you wanted to play. That there would be something for everyone. Forcing players to grind out in a game mode they have no interest in is counter to that mandate. I'm a casual player. Been one for ten years. The number one reason I take so long getting legendary weapons is I can't waste a day grinding through essentially empty WvW maps trying to fill the reward track. No one is going to convince me there is a good reason Anet cannot offer an alternate PvE method of obtaining GoB. And if not a PvE method, how about adding to PvP at least. Quick matches, quick rewards, less of a grinding feel. This is definitely one of the games shortcomings (in my opinion of course). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gussy.3907 said:

For all these people saying you should have to play all game modes, I call complete BS. I don't enjoy WvW and I play for enjoyment. When GW2 first launched, I distinctly remember the developers lauding the fact you could play the game the way you wanted to play. That there would be something for everyone. Forcing players to grind out in a game mode they have no interest in is counter to that mandate. I'm a casual player. Been one for ten years. The number one reason I take so long getting legendary weapons is I can't waste a day grinding through essentially empty WvW maps trying to fill the reward track. No one is going to convince me there is a good reason Anet cannot offer an alternate PvE method of obtaining GoB. And if not a PvE method, how about adding to PvP at least. Quick matches, quick rewards, less of a grinding feel. This is definitely one of the games shortcomings (in my opinion of course). 

You don't have to play WvW if you don't like to.

Noone forces you to "grind out" WvW or any other game mode.

Something being there for everybody doesn't mean everything being there for everyone. Some things only being available in specific modes is not against that idea.

If noone can convince you that there's no good reason for keeping things exclusive to incentive players to touch different modes, that's exclusively on you and not a problem with the game.

You don't even need spend hours in WvW for your GoB. Just take your time and do the easy dailies.

Being casual is no argument in refusing to touch WvW. I consider myself casual as well, yet I do one or two WvW dailies everyday, too. Killing five guards, killing a yak, capturing a flag point and capturing ruins aren't things that are hard to do.

Just be happy that they removed WvW from World Completion.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I'm super casual, definitely don't consider myself a wvw-er, and I'm sitting on like 10 GoBs because I had the brilliant idea to grind for Conflux and finish out my legendary accessories and kept running the GoB track while I was farming up the skirmish tickets.

Though I do sort of miss being able to just buy them outright with Badges of Honor, that was a nice option to have too. That way you could let the pve-ers cheese it with currency vouchers from festivals and such.

If someone doesn't want to farm up a gift of battle, I guess you could just save up your gold and buy the legendary outright (if it isn't a gen 2). No GoB grind involved. 😆

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gussy.3907 said:

And that's true, you can play whatever you want without needing to go into other game modes to get the necessary equipment or skills.

Anet never said you'd be able to get all the rewards, including cosmetic and convenience items without playing all part of the game, only that if you need something to play it would be available in the area you need it. There's always been skins and items exclusive to WvW or PvP, just like there's ones exclusive to PvE, the important thing is those aren't things anyone needs to play. Which includes legendary weapons, they're entirely optional.

(Also if someone really wanted a legendary weapon without doing WvW they could save up gold from playing PvE and buy one. It will take longer but if the effort involved isn't a problem and it's only going to WvW which is then I assume that's ok.)

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

My personal suggestion is to allow WvWers to convert 10 Gifts of Battle to a tradeable version that we can list on the trading post. 

If you dont want to touch the mode, then fine, you can pay out the nose for it, and it will help balance out the gph between the modes automatically this way. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

You don't have to play WvW if you don't like to.

Noone forces you to "grind out" WvW or any other game mode.

Something being there for everybody doesn't mean everything being there for everyone. Some things only being available in specific modes is not against that idea.

If noone can convince you that there's no good reason for keeping things exclusive to incentive players to touch different modes, that's exclusively on you and not a problem with the game.

You don't even need spend hours in WvW for your GoB. Just take your time and do the easy dailies.

Being casual is no argument in refusing to touch WvW. I consider myself casual as well, yet I do one or two WvW dailies everyday, too. Killing five guards, killing a yak, capturing a flag point and capturing ruins aren't things that are hard to do.

Just be happy that they removed WvW from World Completion.

By the Six, yes!

8 hours to get GoB or xy hours long wait, until someone took the Stonemist Castle so you could accept that hero point to get that stupid GoE?

Ill take 8 hours. A N Y T I M E!

(kitten, those were the days)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Can WvW enjoyers skip spending hours in PvE maps to get completion?
No?
Well, why should be different the other way around?

This is the most commonly suggested change I've seen in the endless threads on this topic. Some sort of GoE/GoB exchange. It wouldn't have to be 1/1.

With the rework of PvE map completion in EoD, a Lamplighter Badge/GoB exchange would be another option.

That way WvWers could skip the hours required to get PvE completion, and PvErs could avoid WvW.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Can WvW enjoyers skip spending hours in PvE maps to get completion?
No?
Well, why should be different the other way around?

PvE is the core of this game. It was built upon it. PvP (no matter how you call it) is and will always be just a minigame

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 13

7 hours ago, Draygo.9473 said:

My personal suggestion is to allow WvWers to convert 10 Gifts of Battle to a tradeable version that we can list on the trading post. 

If you dont want to touch the mode, then fine, you can pay out the nose for it, and it will help balance out the gph between the modes automatically this way. 

Why convert 10, just make them tradable from the start.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Raskol.3014 said:

PvE is the core of this game. It was built upon it. PvP (no matter how you call it) is and will always be just a minigame

Acutally there are 3 games, PVE, PVP, WVW which stats and gear "Profession skills" are buidl around them as for the minigames that woudl be like fishing, adventure, super adventure...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gussy.3907 said:

Hard agree. I understand Arenanet wants people to dip their toes in WvW and hace nothing against it but there is no reason you cant get a GoB in sPvP. Or make it back for purchase atleast with badges of honor (even after 'unlocking' it after 1 track to ensure people tried the mode). Or make it tradeable on the TP. 

So many options. 

I dont like WvW but i grinded out Conflux and accumulated a few extra GoB so im good for now but there is no reason to not make it more accessible. 

Edited by Gladiotor.7561
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gladiotor.7561 said:

Hard agree. I understand Arenanet wants people to dip their toes in WvW and hace nothing against it but there is no reason you cant get a GoB in sPvP. Or make it back for purchase atleast with badges of honor (even after 'unlocking' it after 1 track to ensure people tried the mode). Or make it tradeable on the TP. 

So many options. 

I dont like WvW but i grinded out Conflux and accumulated a few extra GoB so im good for now but there is no reason to not make it more accessible. 

Legendaries can be bought on the TP so there is no need.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

An exchange between GoE and GoB would be better for gameplay. It preserves that someone is playing the game modes to produce them, just in the part of the game they prefer. Instead of this animosity, “I have to do a game mode I hate why shouldn’t you?” it becomes communal, “I’ll trade what I get in mine for the work you’ve done in yours!”

Make them both sellable on the TP, and you just make them another thing to grind gold for. Another thing people can swipe their cc for. And you disadvantage the WvWer who doesn’t make nearly as much gold as the PVE player.

Of course, this is from the player point of view. ArenaNet may just prefer more reasons to swipe that cc.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

An exchange between GoE and GoB would be better for gameplay. It preserves that someone is playing the game modes to produce them, just in the part of the game they prefer. Instead of this animosity, “I have to do a game mode I hate why shouldn’t you?” it becomes communal, “I’ll trade what I get in mine for the work you’ve done in yours!”

Make them both sellable on the TP, and you just make them another thing to grind gold for. Another thing people can swipe their cc for. And you disadvantage the WvWer who doesn’t make nearly as much gold as the PVE player.

Of course, this is from the player point of view. ArenaNet may just prefer more reasons to swipe that cc.

No thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

No thanks. 

He gave a good point, both WvWers and PvErs win in this case, WvWers can get the GoE without touching PvE, and PvErs can get GoB without touching WvW, and there's also the fact that making the GoB tradable allows WvWers to make easy gold.

"No thanks" is not an argument.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6