Game Update Notes: March 15, 2022 - Revenant changes

Raknar.4735

Revenant

Vindicator

• Added additional voice-over lines to Legendary Alliance Stance and Legendary Assassin Stance.
  • Legendary Alliance Stance: Fixed a bug in which reviving or dismounting would cause the incorrect faction to be present.
  • Balance in Discord: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to activate twice off of Energy Meld instead of a single time from Alliance Tactics.

Update: Additional Notes:

Vindicator

• Forerunner of Death: Fixed an issue in which the warning effect could be shown to allies.
  • Vassals of the Empire: Fixed an issue in which the warning effect could be shown to allies instead of the intended blue circle.
  • Saint of zu Heltzer: Fixed an issue in which the warning effect could be shown to allies instead of the intended blue circle. Removed the white indicator circle for enemies.

Vindicator is the other elite specialization that we wanted to address in competitive modes before the next update. Eternity's Requiem was significantly out of line with other high-damaging abilities, and we've accelerated the damage falloff on consecutive hits against the same target. This will allow the skill to still maintain its wider AoE pressure while ensuring that it isn't too punishing in smaller scale engagements where all of the guaranteed hits land under the same target. Saint's Shield is another element of the vindicator that has been overperforming, particularly on the aggressive damage-oriented builds. We've brought down the base values and increased the healing contribution for both the healing and barrier component, primarily targeting the potency of this dodge when not invested into any healing power.

• Eternity's Requiem: This skill will no longer create guaranteed impact areas underneath enemies who are in stealth. Reduced the damage falloff per additional hit from 10% to 40% in PvP and WvW. Reduced the minimum power coefficient from 0.3 to 0.1 in PvP and WvW. With these adjustments, the total power coefficient when being struck 5 times has been reduced from 3.6 to 1.82.
  • Saint's Shield: Reduced base healing and barrier from 3,099 to 1,738 in PvP and WvW. Increased healing and barrier attribute scaling from 0.5 to 1.0 in PvP and WvW.
  • Death Drop: Reduced power coefficient from 2.67 to 2.22 in WvW only.

Full notes: 

Edited by Raknar.4735
Added additional Patchnotes
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, aceofbass.2163 said:

Really? that's sad. And it was not in the patch notes too

Patchnotes have the following line: Additional update notes are being finalized and will be posted here soon. 

So maybe they will add it later.

Update: Added the additional notes.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Thanks 1

Soooo...

With the resistance changes, Mallyx has turned from a condition god to a meme in competitive. Jalis's Forced Engagement got an unnecesary nerf, it was already hard to hit that skill, now is even worse. Ventari remains useless, no signs of change in the horizon, same with the absurd Shiro energy costs. The sigil proc on legend swap FEATURE has been removed an called a bug (despite this), and now we have Vindicator itself being nerfed because it seems only Elementalists and Rangers are allowed to have sustain.

@Rubi Bayer.8493@Cobalt Flame.8056@Fire Attunement.9835@Cal Cohen.2358@Cal Cohen.3527@Josh Davis.7865what the kitten?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

Seems like they nerfed the dodge healing+barrier aswell. In WvW at least.

Edit: They did. With my current gear it was 3.444 heal and barrier, now it is 2427 each.

Base stats were halved, Scaling was doubled. Should in theory be no loss for a full support build.

• Like 1

Re the maths of -

• Saint's Shield: Reduced base healing and barrier from 3,099 to 1,738 in PvP and WvW. Increased healing and barrier attribute scaling from 0.5 to 1.0 in PvP and WvW.

The breakpoint for the healing/barrier being higher under the new base and scaling factor is a healing power of 2722 (!) - not exactly achievable

(Got by solving 3099 + 0.5h = 1738 + h)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, krixis.9538 said:

few this only affects pvp. panic over

Nah, also affects WvW. Essentially halves the damage of Eternity's Requiem and greatly reduces the heal and barrier from the Saint.. I'm glad because I no longer have to keep testing builds and stat variants in those game modes: now Vindicator is fully behind power Herald and Renegade at both damage and sustain.

No more false gods. Vindi is as mediocre for competitive gaming as any other spec with a single dodge.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Gods know who make balance now this spec is so weak in pvp/wvw Eternity's Requiem from some good cleave dmg to easy dodge sppageti flap. Why Anet nerf ''saint shild'' that every one use it in pvp/wvw??? Ah yes cos this space have non to 0 survability. Those two things carey this spec in pvp/wvw. Also I bet I'm not the only one who use shiro/jalin in pvp/wvw as alliance is some old copy/past skills only elits are new. Also u make spec to focus on fighting grupes with all its utility bonus from it but how can I fight any thing that after one doddge is glass sppageti.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Catchyfx.5768 said:

Herald and renegade will got hit even more to force ppl play one dodge pony.

Why? At least Herald is competitive in WvW and PvP and Renegade has damage and sustain in OW (in instanced PvE will be replaced entirely by Mechanist, which shares alacrity while doing more dps and being easier to play).

Further nerfs to Herald and Renegade won't make people use Vindi the same as nerfing rewards from Dragonfall and Drizzlewood won't make people to play the new EoD maps.

1 minute ago, Catchyfx.5768 said:

You are new here?

Herald got nerfs too to force ppl to renegade(pvp,wvw) but without much success.

Renegade wasn't played in PvP/WvW at all for more than two years, until the big nerf damage across all professions made Renegade able to survive for a while and then the Sevenshot changes made it playable in competitive. The same patches also utterly destroyed Firebrand in PvP.

I can see a future in which Vindi isn't used at any game mode, at all. Already happened with other specs. Maybe could get some love at fishing in the squifs, or in the roleplaying meta, lol.

• Sad 1

soooo Vindicator, the new elite spec, made for pvp and wvw purposes( because even a kid can read ans see that all the kittening skills are made to use in group fights) gets nerfed to the ground in its designed gamemode.

hey i get it you hate revs, ill go change to guard or something, just one tip for anet, if you create a class that needs a expansion to be playable, then you create elite specs because the class itself is half baked   and then nerf the specs to the ground and make it stupidly weak and unusable you will get raged you know? why the fk you had to make a gs5 that needs not only huge hitbox but also is almost all rng like citadel bombardment, havent you heard that a lot of people hate that fkng rng? why not giving rng to guard ah? naaaa guard is the golden baby of course, then why not a cool dodge mecanic? ah but you need to make it 100 each dodge, lock us in an animation and make it awfull, cc? use staff its not like archemorus( the full power dps legend made to be paired with shiro as we have been asking for for ages) needs to deal dmg at all, combo fields (yeah those things you force us to use on story now)? arche doesnt need a fire field on scavengers burst at all just use mallynx and go hibrid AGAIN, yeah cos it makes sense to use arche as hibrid with 2 skills with diferent condis and a gs that has NO condis at all itself.

At least you didnt reimplement the auto legend swap because if you did id have deleted my rev already, i mean come on whe the hell was vindi overpowered for you to need to nerf it more, moreso in wvw and pvp just dont make ALL arche skills scale with targets hit and thats enought nerf itself, also you say gs5 has too many dmg? have you fkng seen spear hitting like a noodle EVERYWERE?  i do more dmg with the dodge in open world than i do with the spear, does that make any sense? and nomads advance? how can a dash do as much dmg as the elite skill? a dahs!!!!! ahh talking about dashes gs3 still works like kitten thats not 900 range thats like 600 or so? come on just delete rev alrwady if youre gonna do this, or if you cant do but awfull balances just say hey no balance till summer, or revs go fishing coz you cant do anything else.

come on im enraged now, how can you treat us like idiots like this? you have had from 4th beta till now, with hundreds of coments on how to improve the vindi, what things it lacks what is not good and what is good, and we end up with the same vindi as in beta 4, with is just an inferior renegade that noone will use ever out of pvp or wvw, and now you nerf it on those modes too, COME ON, wake up a little and balance your game properly, or if you wont and youll just do whatever you want at least dont touch anything till you can do proper changes.

Also nerfing DEVASTATION is nerfing POWER builds more than CONDI ones, for CONDIS nerf CORRUPTION/MALLYNX.

You know i hope you delete rev and create a new class in its place, at least we wont have the kitten bugs we allwais have on skills legends weapons traits etc

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Catchyfx.5768 said:

*cough*cougch* hey devs, vindicator overperforms in pve and needs nerf too...😂

I rly hope this is sarcasm.... Have u seen the real overperforming classes in pve at the moment?.-. "looks at thief mechanist and guardian" -.-

• Like 2
  • Confused 1