Anet added new way to obtain egg for turtle, what about other things? (Gift of Battle)

Anet just added new way to obtain turtle. To be clear i'm not against that, it's a good thing.

Now, we all saw how heated forum was (is?) about DE meta and getting turtle, this forced anet to do something about it. What about good old Gift of Battle (GoB for short) ? Someone can ask, what this has to do with EoD in general? Well, new set of legendaries require this item which is obtainable ONLY in WvW.

Am i the only one who thinks we should have another way to obtain this ? (specifically in PvE) Even for provisioner tokens? exacly like gift of Craftsmanship used for legendary armor/runes/sigils. There is already some fuss about "being forced to do strike" so you can progress turtle achivment. Imagine, suprise of all those people who wanted to craft some legendaries, there're getting excited, most stuff is done in PvE, all good, many things are on trading post so they can skip some things if they want it and BOOM, suddenly they have to engage in gamemode drastically different and to be fair not really casual friendly, even less than "end game pve content". Its mix of pve/pvp after all.

There is a reason why huge, huuuuge chunk of playerbase don't play WvW or PvP. It's really out of place where you do 99% of stuff for legendary in PvE and that last one is in different gamemode. Now, for many people this experience gonna be very inpleasant. Not only builds work different, so mostly they're gonna be anihhilated but sometimes they won't be able to do anything because of queues. I don't how alliances will change queue thing, but either way. Some may say "its a way to introduce players to different gamemode/content" ... honestly, there are other (better) ways to do this.

This is the only reason i don't do legendaries, i don't like WvW (im not even lvl 60 lol ), its boring, its stupid (for me) and nothing will change that. Nothing. Let me grind GoB in gamemode i enjoy then surely im gonna start collecting.

What's your thoughts?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 22

Give WvW players more WvW-Legendaries without having to do too much PvE then we'll talk. Plus, your comparision isn't fair

Anet give an alternative way to earn PvE item but EoD reward track give pitiful Writ of Dragon's End, so they have to repeat it again and again until they get enough 200 to buy a unlock to do more PvE activities to get a mount that can't be used in WvW.

You don't do legendaries because oh no WvW, but WvW have to play PvE if they want weapons, better animated armor effects, accessories and a FREE amulet

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Anet didn't add an alternative method to get the egg in a different game mode. They added an alternative to the same game mode. Definitely false equivalents. 

Broadly speaking if you want the thing, you do the thing to get the thing. Else you don't get it. 

Considering how often this has come up over the years and it's still not thete my feeling is you may to deal with not getting the thing. 

Edited by Sigmoid.7082
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

How about no. Whats next just give every legendary for free?

So, wait. You went from the OP asking for an alternate way to get items to craft a legendary, to the OP wanting legendaries for free? That's a heckuva leap in convoluted logic there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

18 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

So, wait. You went from the OP asking for an alternate way to get items to craft a legendary, to the OP wanting legendaries for free? That's a heckuva leap in convoluted logic there. 

It's evident there are a number of people on these forums who don't really read posts, they just kind of skim looking for certain themes and then react with a certain stock set of responses. Stuff like: "you are complaining about how a thing is? you want everything handed to you!" It gets very weird and obsessive after a while.

(Credit to those who do take the time to read and post thoughtfully, I'm not saying everybody is not reading.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can, albeit slowly, acquire a Gift of Battle without ever setting foot in WvW.  Thus, there's already an 'alternative' (PvE) method of acquisition. 

Er. No you can't. It's only part of a specific WvW Reward track. Unless there's something new. Can you elaborate?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

You hear people complaining in WvW that PVE scrub is hugging up space for their GoB. How it would be better without them. But, here in forum you all want them to play WvW. I don't get it lol

As for me, I like them to play WvW so I can get my cheap kill 😄

No, we want them to suffer WvW.

Big difference.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

If you don'y want to work towards a legendary, then don't deserve it.

So you're saying that 99% of work (done in PvE), well isn't work? just because i don't want do 1% bit in WvW? okaaayy....Working doesn't mean someone has to suffer. WvW folks can tell you more about it. They have nothing.

1 hour ago, misterman.1530 said:

it really is... where i said i wanted it for free? Its funny how people just create stuff out of nothing. Putting words in someones mouth.

4 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

For a legendary you should have to play all game modes.

Thats just your opinion. It doesnt mean its right 🙂

10 hours ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

Give WvW players more WvW-Legendaries without having to do too much PvE then we'll talk. Plus, you are comparision isn't fair

Anet give an alternative way to earn PvE item but EoD reward track give pitiful Writ of Dragon's End, so they have to repeat it again and again until they get enough 200 to buy a unlock to do more PvE activities to get a mount that can't be used in WvW.

You don't do legendaries because oh no WvW, but WvW have to play PvE if they want weapons, better animated armor effects, accessories and a FREE amulet

I never said that WvW or PvP folks shouldn't have access to it in their gamemodes. That is exacly same issue but from different side. We're on the same page here. I think now, while they're working on alliances, its finally good time to address this. Complete rework of rewards so WvW and PvP folks could get hands on legendary stuff, therefore all sides can be happy.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

Well as fairly casual wvw/pve player i see its perfect as it is.. but If it would make ppl feel better i wouldnt see an issue the gift being moved to the raiders method as alternative like 50 of them daily thingy's you need for runes etc..( Provision tokens)  Not like anyone be losing anything.. as you still gotta buy memory of battles etc xD  i mean we would be short a few rally bots :3 and some free loot bags xD but all in all id guess everyone would be happy then ^^

Edited by MagicalSilence.1837
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, AoAkinari.9248 said:

Thats just your opinion. It doesnt mean its right 🙂

Of course it’s just my opinion. What else should it be? But I don’t think I’m special and they should change how to get legendary weapons just for me. The requirements are fine and no need to change them. I see no reason. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

Er. No you can't. It's only part of a specific WvW Reward track. Unless there's something new. Can you elaborate?

Nothing new, but it will be extremely slow if one does this. There’s a daily WvW quest which sometimes pops up, and it’s called Big Spender. One can go to their guild hall, look for Davis the Survivor, spend 30 Badge of Honor, buy Badge of Tribute.
This can complete this daily WvW quest, get 10 Badge of Honor back, and a Potion of WvW Rewards. Wiki says that it takes 80 potions to finish a reward track, so just repeat this for 80 times, maybe within a year it can be done.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)#Daily_WvW_Big_Spender

The very first Badge of Honor can be obtained from the achievement chests. There should be quite enough assuming high enough of achievement points. It’s going to take longer than half year, so there should be plenty of time to get enough of achievement points to do so.

Feel free to take this legendary journey. Good luck for anyone going for this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, misterman.1530 said:

First, get these:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Energy_Matter_Converter

(possibly) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karmic_Converter

These converters sometimes have these https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Box_of_WvW_Supplies, which takes about 3 for one wvw level, save 6-7 and use when there's a WvW ranker daily on (=2 track potions)

Second, when you have wvw rank 10, get this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permanent_Portable_Provisioner, and buy food when there are Big Spender events on (=1 track potion)

A full reward track/GoB costs 80 potions to complete

Also if you dont spend the wvw currency anywhere else, it will even very slowly go up

Edited by Peterson.5172
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, AoAkinari.9248 said:

So you're saying that 99% of work (done in PvE), well isn't work? just because i don't want do 1% bit in WvW? okaaayy....Working doesn't mean someone has to suffer. WvW folks can tell you more about it. They have nothing.

Then why should a WvW player come do 99% pve to make a legendary.
Are you really that bad at this game mode you can't kill a vet for daily or kill a sentry for daily or even easier stand at a shrine till it caps?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

There's now 2 options to get the turtle egg (note: this starts the collection to unlock the mount, it does not give you the mount itself): you can successfully complete the Dragon's End meta event or you can spend enough time doing events on the same map to collect 200 of the map currency and then buy the egg.

That's comparable to the existing work-around for the Gift of Battle where you can skip playing WvW and complete the reward track by doing WvW dailies that don't require any PvP combat.

• Like 4