One Shot Soulbeast

Downstate.4697

There is currently this build going around that effectively one shots in seconds that can only be xountered by a block or shocking aura.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POAFcEG7TZGsQGILiZiF719DYEpB-zZIDBzB

It essentially uses one wolf pack+hunters call+smoke assualt to kill anyone regardless of their build.

I am not saying its op or meta and the burst is limited to long cooldowns, but its pretty unhealthy in the way that it does damage and takes advantage of soulbeasts modifiers and should be addressed at some point. Just wanted to let anet know this exists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Instant Smoke Assault is dumb, considering it is based on Rev's Unrelenting Assault which has a 3/4s cast time. I think that's the only real problem.

Unrelenting assault is so buggy as kitten and doenst work like 40% of the time, and isnt a single target skill.

Smokescale is a better rev than rev

Edited by lotus.5672
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

There is currently this build going around that effectively one shots in seconds that can only be xountered by a block or shocking aura.

It essentially uses one wolf pack+hunters call+smoke assualt to kill anyone regardless of their build.

I am not saying its op or meta and the burst is limited to long cooldowns, but its pretty unhealthy in the way that it does damage and takes advantage of soulbeasts modifiers and should be addressed at some point. Just wanted to let anet know this exists.

1. Full serk DPS Soulbeasts are one of the lowest representation rates out of any build archetype. There are maybe 3 people in NA who can play this at competitive levels.
  2. The game after EOD now has a ridiculous overabundance of anti-projectile fields, mobility creep, direct teleports that gap close instantly, rendering the idea of "ranged attacks" pretty obsolete in GW2. Start using them.
  3. Any full serk build can deal the damage of a sic em one wolf build, or even higher damage actually. Right now Harbinger actually out-guns Soulbeast by having equal or greater burst to sic em one wolf, but it happens three times as frequently and in half the amount of time.
  4. What you have listed here isn't even the good version of Sic Em One Wolf Soulbeast. Come to NA and I'll show you what a proper clapping looks like.

Get off the Ranger nerf train. It's mediocre at best nowadays.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
  1. Full serk DPS Soulbeasts are one of the lowest representation rates out of any build archetype. There are maybe 3 people in NA who can play this at competitive levels.
  2. The game after EOD now has a ridiculous overabundance of anti-projectile fields, mobility creep, direct teleports that gap close instantly, rendering the idea of "ranged attacks" pretty obsolete in GW2. Start using them.
  3. Any full serk build can deal the damage of a sic em one wolf build, or even higher damage actually. Right now Harbinger actually out-guns Soulbeast by having equal or greater burst to sic em one wolf, but it happens three times as frequently and in half the amount of time.
  4. What you have listed here isn't even the good version of Sic Em One Wolf Soulbeast. Come to NA and I'll show you what a proper clapping looks like.

Its okay little trevor, floyd mayweather cant read either, but he is still successful

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

30 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Its okay little trevor, floyd mayweather cant read either, but he is still successful

lol what?

Not sure if this is some kind of advanced witty reference that I am not understanding or if someone has been hitting the Mike's Hard while typing it.

Anyway, you do realize that you can just block or dodge or invuln or evade or stealth to detarget or use no port spots or passive CC procs on strike or cast force effect fields/fear ring and walk over them to stop the attacks you're referencing from the Soulbeast right?

Plenty of ways to counter-play this, which is why it has 0% representation in higher tier play.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3

Few months back, an SB attempted this combo on my mesmer. I survived and downed him while he laughed and said that I got lucky. It was a fun battle and it does hit hard but from what I know and have witnessed, the SB needed to sacrifice a lot of sustain to play that proper set-up. 

With conquest, evades, mobility and sustain are far more critical. 

I'm an average ranger at best, lol, and it was my go to class to counter necromancers in the past though I'm intrigued by the Untamed. 

19 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Never seen this version of sic em soulbeast before. Whoever made this gets points for creativity. 

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

1. Lets balance around how much persons can play the build. 

2. Lets talk about eod builds, not the subject. 

3. Lets give some fake info and keep getting some others builds (that ppl also ask for nerfs) to justify this one. 

4. Lets say there is even a stronger version of the build, this may justify my long numbered nonsense answer, proving nothing and adding nothing to OPs thread. 

If you dont have anything to say, just shut up dude. 

Edited by anjo.6143
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, anjo.6143 said:

1. Lets balance around how much persons can play the build. 

2. Lets talk about eod builds, not the subject. 

3. Lets give some fake info and keep getting some others builds (that ppl also ask for nerfs) to justify this one. 

4. Lets say there is even a stronger version of the build, this may justify my long numbered nonsense answer, proving nothing and adding nothing to OPs thread. 

If you dont have anything to say, just shut up dude. 

Trevor makes some good points actually. People forget that builds don't exist in a vacuum. 

I've noticed a funny but of irony. The GW2 community gives Anet so much flak for balacing around golem benchmarks. They completely ignore how builds function in actual encounters. We just had catalyst nerfed because it was outperforming other quickness supports, but they ignored the fact that Other builds like Qscrapper and QFB have much better utility and dps uptime in real encounters. Who cares if you can burst a stationary golem if your dps falls off the instant you're forced to do a mechanic?

Sic Em Soulbeast falls into a similar category. Insane burst, good mobility, ranged pressure. 

But this exists in a game with buffed tempests, more projectile hate than ever before, builds that load up on protection, weakness, blocks, invulns, evades, ect to negate your burst. 

We should also factor in what happens AFTER the SlB bursts you. Are they like Reaper/Holo where they can keep up the pressure even after you avoid their combo? 

No, because the build is centered around lining up your cooldowns to burst a signle target. Other builds will outperform you in sustained dps. Try axe/sword autoing a reaper to death and see how that goes.

In a realistic encounter, against a player who knows how to properly use their cooldowns Sic Em Soulbeast isn't an issue. It has to lurk on the edges of fights waiting for a target who's blown his CDs before making their move. Essentially playing the role of a thief, but with range. 

Players on this forum need to stop making the same mistake Anet makes. Stop looking at builds in a vacuum against a theoretical opponent who may as well be a target golem, and consider what happens against soemone who knows what they're doing.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

On 3/23/2022 at 4:36 PM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

So is fresh air though, and the difference is that superspeed + NOT long cooldowns is just better mobility with burst

Does that mean core ele is busted or FA weaver is busted or should be looked at?

Nah, because it lacks everything else (except ele has earth shield 😄 ), much like soulbeast. It'll just die if you miss your burst, there's a trade off on both the front of direct and condi dmg.

There's a reason why both aren't in organized metas because they have gimmicky burst potentials, but nothing else. Especially with Bladesworn existing, and for soulbeast, Tempest exists.

Edited by Tanbin.2436

On 3/24/2022 at 3:59 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

Trevor makes some good points actually. People forget that builds don't exist in a vacuum. 

I've noticed a funny but of irony. The GW2 community gives Anet so much flak for balacing around golem benchmarks. They completely ignore how builds function in actual encounters. We just had catalyst nerfed because it was outperforming other quickness supports, but they ignored the fact that Other builds like Qscrapper and QFB have much better utility and dps uptime in real encounters. Who cares if you can burst a stationary golem if your dps falls off the instant you're forced to do a mechanic?

Sic Em Soulbeast falls into a similar category. Insane burst, good mobility, ranged pressure. 

But this exists in a game with buffed tempests, more projectile hate than ever before, builds that load up on protection, weakness, blocks, invulns, evades, ect to negate your burst. 

We should also factor in what happens AFTER the SlB bursts you. Are they like Reaper/Holo where they can keep up the pressure even after you avoid their combo? 

No, because the build is centered around lining up your cooldowns to burst a signle target. Other builds will outperform you in sustained dps. Try axe/sword autoing a reaper to death and see how that goes.

In a realistic encounter, against a player who knows how to properly use their cooldowns Sic Em Soulbeast isn't an issue. It has to lurk on the edges of fights waiting for a target who's blown his CDs before making their move. Essentially playing the role of a thief, but with range. 

Players on this forum need to stop making the same mistake Anet makes. Stop looking at builds in a vacuum against a theoretical opponent who may as well be a target golem, and consider what happens against soemone who knows what they're doing.  

If more people were able to think at this level rather than projecting their frustration at fighting things into nerf requests,   the balance suggestions would be much better. 

• Like 5