Please remove damaging conditions

2 hours ago, ens.9854 said:

Condi damage is healthy for the game. Cleansing is a key support ability along with boons. Problem is that power has to both cleanse to stay alive AND cleanse to deal damage. My warrior friends know what I'm talking about. You don't get the choice of damage race vs. cleanse - you have to run cleanse on everything but maybe herald.

For some bizarre reason anet thought they were solving this by adding resistance and sprinkling it around, when they could have just adjusted those nondamaging conditions themselves.

We should make a betting pool for how long it takes for Weakness to be a flat outgoing damage debuff that doesn't negate crits so it's not longer a single debuff to completely neuter power builds.

Im wondering at something..... wouldnt it be mutch easier to actually Balance conditions when they wouldnt stack up but instead only increase it duration time? I mean give it some basic Damage over Time. This would mean 2 things. You ever know what condi does how many damage. You could Balance them out so that you cant instant burst enemys loads of condi Stacks but you actually need to perma hit enemy to effectiv do damage so it would realy be Damage over time. The only "Bad thing" would be that you need to reduce the condi cleanes over all or simply work more with the new resolution boon.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

Im wondering at something..... wouldnt it be mutch easier to actually Balance conditions when they wouldnt stack up but instead only increase it duration time? I mean give it some basic Damage over Time. This would mean 2 things. You ever know what condi does how many damage. You could Balance them out so that you cant instant burst enemys loads of condi Stacks but you actually need to perma hit enemy to effectiv do damage so it would realy be Damage over time. The only "Bad thing" would be that you need to reduce the condi cleanes over all or simply work more with the new resolution boon.

This is how conditions used to work way back when the game was young.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23#Condition_Updates

"Damaging conditions were all reworked to better ensure damage is properly delivered in large-scale combat. All damaging conditions have been changed to intensity-stacking, and the maximum number of stacks for each damaging condition has been raised to a much larger number that should never be hit under normal circumstances.

All damage conditions will now stack up to 1500 times."

That "properly delivered" complaint really was an issue in PvE, because condi builds would hit targets and stack condi that needed minutes to fully tick out. Meanwhile power builds would hit targets the same number of times and kill them in seconds, long before even 10% of the condi had ticked. Thus, nobody liked having condi builds around. It was all downside and no upside.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

If you think people complain about conditions now, wait until we make it practically impossible to remove them.  You'll no longer die to burst stacks, but once that timer starts ticking it doesn't stop.  But since you can't kill quickly with conditions and because you can only stack duration, there is no longer any incentive to focus on damage output.  So the builds that will evolve will be even more bunker than they are now and they'll just tank you until you drop dead with no chance of any counterplay.

Is that what people want?  I doubt it.

• Haha 1

Condition damage is boring both to play and to play vs

For me this game would be so mutch more fun without this insane condi dmg ( or atleast have power damage be as powerfull )

And why can condi ( burn and  posion ) have single tics higer than full maurader burst skills 

😞

Eaven on my ranger its easy to stack 5k poison 4-4,5 k burn and 4,5 k bleed PER TIC on a wvw build with 3800 armor

axe 2 alone is 14kdmg with 1 skill if not cleansed.

Greate sword maul with full maurader gear it is hard to break 4 k with a skill thats is one of the hardest hitting ranger have that untraited have 8 sec cd.

And ranger is not the worst offender in this power vs condi unbalanced meta

Edited by Sansar.1302
bad spelling
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

I was thinking that they could add like decreased duration to all damaging and hard cc by 1.5 seconds.

Condi cleanse in builds is hard to come by the two main ones being support scrapper(haven't seen many) and support elementalist(don't last long enough)

Condi burst is the magic way to kill thieves you take away that and heaven help us all

Warrior- has some disgusting, and i do mean DISGUSTING condi clear. 

Ranger- has pretty decent condi clear and mitigation.

Ele- "There's condi's in this game?"

Guardian- low CD condi clear.

This list goes on... The only one I can't speak for is thief, and that's just because I hung that hat up long ago.

Conditions in GW1 not only carried a high opportunity cost and had low, respective damage ceilings, but also generally functioned as conditional set-up triggers (i.e. "[Skill X] inflicts [bonus effect] if your target is [suffering from Condition Y].")  With GW2, anet, for some reason, decided to gut actual combination strings from their design formula (combo fields/finishers are a joke) and just ship conditions as untyped damage--which is baffling when DAMAGE ALREADY EXISTS.  There was never a need for two parallel sources of untyped damage (because, again, elemental damage types do exist in GW2 but have no actual bearing on combat), and instead of addressing this properly via game design fundamentals, anet just made things worse by doubling-down on conditions as damage.

All you needed to do was keep conditions as a trigger mechanic, CJ.

Instead, anet just threw them all over the place for no reason (like on autoattacks and trait passives lmao).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/6/2022 at 11:33 PM, Aktium.9506 said:

I like fighting condi a lot more than high burst power builds.

In fact, I do not enjoy it at all when fights play out like an iaido duel between samurai.

i am in the opposit , think the best fights lasts less than 4 sec

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Swagg.9236 said:

With GW2, anet, for some reason, decided to gut actual combination strings from their design formula (combo fields/finishers are a joke) and just ship conditions as untyped damage--which is baffling when DAMAGE ALREADY EXISTS.  There was never a need for two parallel sources of untyped damage (because, again, elemental damage types do exist in GW2 but have no actual bearing on combat), and instead of addressing this properly via game design fundamentals, anet just made things worse by doubling-down on conditions as damage.

Dhumfire patch is when the game died.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Dhumfire patch is when the game died.

Wow, I just checked, and that was all the way back in 2013?  Also, that was the same patch they added torment too.  Yeah, that's a pretty bad one.  The condition stack patch wasn't until 2015, but I still call that one the day that they closed off all possibility of a return to a decent design paradigm.  Although, considering that conditions never really had a true role from the outset and how, when dissecting the early-game metas in all modes, 5/8 of the classes didn't really have a purpose at all, it could be argued that GW2 was pretty dead on arrival.

Edited by Swagg.9236
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Condition damage is boring both to play and to play vs

For me this game would be so mutch more fun without this insane condi dmg ( or atleast have power damage be as powerfull )

And why can condi ( burn and  posion ) have single tics higer than full maurader burst skills 

😞

Eaven on my ranger its easy to stack 5k poison 4-4,5 k burn and 4,5 k bleed PER TIC on a wvw build with 3800 armor

axe 2 alone is 14kdmg with 1 skill if not cleansed.

Greate sword maul with full maurader gear it is hard to break 4 k with a skill thats is one of the hardest hitting ranger have that untraited have 8 sec cd.

And ranger is not the worst offender in this power vs condi unbalanced meta

Lies. Lies. And more Lies. It is not easy to stack 5k poison-4.5kburn and 4.5k Bleed all together on anything other than a Towerlord or targetdummy. Also your axe 2 will NOT do 14k damage, because there is no way on earth you are hitting all that axes on a single player. Stop being so biased 😧

Also the Maul argument.... WHAT? Personally i can hit wayy over 15k with my mauls... the highest i have hit ON A PLAYER!!!! is a 28k Worldlyimpact!  idk what kind of bunkerranger you are playing.

maul with full maurader gear it is hard to break 4 k.....  HAHAHA 😂 are we playing the same game?

HERE take a look at this! if you want a power vs Condi debate for ranger... lets use this as reference shall we?  

9k swoop followed by 15k Worldyimpact... YUM! 16.3k Rapidfire WIHTOUT SICEM! yummy!! ohh what is that!? 11.7k Maul on a Celestialguy??? NO WAYY! This dude just told me you can barely hit more than 4k :0 W00W

Your assumptions on how much dmg Condi will do is highly overexagerated and your assumptions for Power are HIIIIGLY underexagerated. In this Forum we call it being biased 😃

have a great one sir.

Edited by Sahne.6950

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Lies. Lies. And more Lies. It is not easy to stack 5k poison-4.5kburn and 4.5k Bleed all together on anything other than a Towerlord or targetdummy. Also your axe 2 will NOT do 14k damage, because there is no way on earth you are hitting all that axes on a single player. Stop being so biased 😧

Also the Maul argument.... WHAT? Personally i can hit wayy over 15k with my mauls... the highest i have hit ON A PLAYER!!!! is a 28k Worldlyimpact!  idk what kind of bunkerranger you are playing.

maul with full maurader gear it is hard to break 4 k.....  HAHAHA 😂 are we playing the same game?

HERE take a look at this! if you want a power vs Condi debate for ranger... lets use this as reference shall we?  

9k swoop followed by 15k Worldyimpact... YUM! 16.3k Rapidfire WIHTOUT SICEM! yummy!! ohh what is that!? 11.7k Maul on a Celestialguy??? NO WAYY! This dude just told me you can barely hit more than 4k :0 W00W

Your assumptions on how much dmg Condi will do is highly overexagerated and your assumptions for Power are HIIIIGLY underexagerated. In this Forum we call it being biased 😃

have a great one sir.

The kind of people who die to power specs these days..can be surely found on this forum..meanwhile the actual game looks like this:

But there is more...and it's against actual players...no afkers...or "friends" standing still with a glass build:

But enough wvw...

Now how many condi specs do we see here?...

4 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

The kind of people who die to power specs these days..can be surely found on this forum..meanwhile the actual game looks like this:

But there is more...and it's against actual players...no afkers...or "friends" standing still with a glass build:

But enough wvw...

Now how many condi specs do we see here?...

have not watched them all but the first 2 videos:D

CelestialHarbinger is a diffrent kind of broken. Meanwhile there are people in diffrent threads saying that its bad....

All i am seeing here is that the new EoD specs are hella overtuned and the only thing they have nerfed is... The powercoefficients for some reason!? They have not touched performance of the condibuilds in the slightest.

Just flat the damage so you know condi X does y damage overall and/or add a third stat required for condi to be effective, without the third stat condis deal half the damage and scale it so value x give the current condi damage. At least it would fix the bunkerish condi builds (more of a wvw issue but w/e). 

Condition is already underpowered to power damage. Just look how many meta builds you got based on power and how many on condi. Its not realistic to believe condition builds are super strong in game, where core Guardian is so strong with amount of cleansing and Pure Voice converting conditions into boons. Tbh only Necromancer has strong enough condition kit to be revelant enough,  but due to boon corruption.

• Thanks 1

the really broken part of condi is that on a power build you apply vuln to enemies and power to your self quickly

and playing condi you apply conditions as fast doing the same amount of damage as power but after a few seconds it branches of 

normally playing power people block/evade your attacks you have to start over again but with conditions you block/evade and your still taken a considerable amount of damage.

this could be changed by lowering the application rate of damaging conditions but lengthening their duration

just a thought

Edit: boon durations actually a really small unless you have a support or an op class/profession so I didn't get into that

Edited by Infinity.2876

19 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

wow people are really losing their minds over this troll thread. use brain get stronk

It's all fun and games until someone runs with the idea unironically, especially if it's a dev/someone within earshot of the devs. 

Troll threads are for stronger forums. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Here look at that! if you want a power vs Condi debate for ranger.... Lets use this as reference shall we? MHHHH 9k Swoops followed by 15k worlyimpacts...mhh yummy! mhhhh 17k Rapidfire without Sicem and wolfpack... mhhhh 

It's insanely easy to condi bomb people in GW2 lmao.  What are you talking about?  All I've been using is an ele condi-bomb build in PvP, and the worst part is how it's most effective when I play SUPER passively and basically swap all tight-timing, high-risk conflict for line-of-sight poking with autoattacks until my panic buttons come off cooldown.

One-shot ranger is dumb, but for reasons that aren't inherently connected to why Direct Damage is naturally more fun than "death by DoT."  One-shot ranger takes damage values which should be exclusively available to high-risk strategies, and then slaps them onto a DoT, a weapon set with a massive evade/block up-time, and a weapon set with the longest range in the whole game.  Removing the risk from a PvP interaction is the fastest way to gut the fun from it too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I was in a match yesterday on my Virtruoso and I used the F2 to stack 20 Confusion on an opponent. They used a skill and instantly downed but its clearly because condi exists and not an L2P issue at all.

I'm getting way too sarcastic lately..

Honestly, what is a game that has ever removed DoTs in multiplayer ? In all my years of playing games since the 90s, I've never seen such a large-scale nerf happen, especially in an MMO.

Edited by Hannelore.8153