What was the worst pvp meta in gw2?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Worst pvp meta

• D/d cele ele meta
    • Bunker chrono meta
    • Scourge/guardian rez meta
    • Necro sustain/lich form meta
    • Specter/bunker mech meta

What, in your opinion, was/is the worst spvp meta the game has ever had? My personal opinion is that bunker chrono was the worst. Games ended as soon as you got your bunker chronos to sit on two captured points and it was gg after that since you needed 3 people to kill that chrono or 5 if the chrono had a tempest to baby sit it.

Also if there's an option you didn't see on the poll for most unregulated celullar proliferation meta, please comment about it below. 

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bunk chrono meta was weird. At top tier play it was clearly broken and not counter playable but in normal ranked q's bunk chrono was far less oppressive due to its passivity. It was a weird meta where everything felt invincible but once a target ran out of defense they got blown up extremely fast as both sustain and damage were extremely high at that time. I think that this meta inarguably did the most long term damage to the gw2 pvp scene as they tried to push esports during it yet because the top level play was excruciatingly slow and boring to watch that movement died after one season.

I ended up voting for early PoF meta as the top level meta and the ranked meta were basically the same as anyone could face roll on scourge or spellbreaker and dominate all the pre pof specs. I always hated early scourge in particular because all the shade skills hit like a truck and were completely instant so there really was no counterplay for melee.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

All of them and any more of them if you put bunker in the name. Bunkers are boring and should not exist.

Besides the Scourge/FB rez one. I didn't so much mind that one because damage was in a good place back then and rez skills were actually decent and reasonable picks.

Rez skills are the wordt iteration of bunker metas.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Bunk chrono meta was weird. At top tier play it was clearly broken and not counter playable but in normal ranked q's bunk chrono was far less oppressive due to its passivity. It was a weird meta where everything felt invincible but once a target ran out of defense they got blown up extremely fast as both sustain and damage were extremely high at that time. I think that this meta inarguably did the most long term damage to the gw2 pvp scene as they tried to push esports during it yet because the top level play was excruciatingly slow and boring to watch that movement died after one season.

I ended up voting for early PoF meta as the top level meta and the ranked meta were basically the same as anyone could face roll on scourge or spellbreaker and dominate all the pre pof specs. I always hated early scourge in particular because all the shade skills hit like a truck and were completely instant so there really was no counterplay for melee.

This is actually true, if you look back at competitive vods it looks like the game was unplayable but it was actually decently fun because in ranked you could play stuff like power shatter chrono instead of bunker chrono. People wouldn't stay inside the wells anyway in ranked.

I voted bunker chrono meta but honestly I regret it, I think I would choose guard-scourge-minionmancer meta or the condi mirage meta.

Vamp rune meta back in core was also absolute aids.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Haha 1

They're all bad. Meta's are inherently anti-fun. The fun of this game is experimenting with builds and coming up with different things. I'll never be pressured into playing something just because it's the new Meta (unless it just so happens to be what I normally play. yay, I guess?)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Yeah but back then if you used a rez skill on someone there was a 50-50 chance about of them just dying anyways as soon as they got back up

And normal rezzing was really unsafe, as it should be

We had quickness stomping back then as well, but also some stupid rez traits like Heralds old Infuse Light on rez that got changed from healing the downed person to healing the Rev reviving. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bunker Chrono meta was the worst, . Developers at the time were also tossing out boons wily nily on everything. This is also when Necro had chill death where its chill condi did damage which I loved but was taken away which I still haven't forgiven anet for to this day.

Edited by Crimson Shi.5047
  • Sad 1

Its a close one between the first and the second, but I gotta give it to Chrono Bunker. Chrono Bunker was just miserable to face, and games stalled out like no ones business. It also basically erased skill gaps because chrono bunker played itself. Cele Ele was worse for variety (because teams were 3-5 Cele Eles and the rest were maybe 1 thief maybe 1 random class (Dont even remember what it was) and no other option), but at least you played the game.

• Haha 1

You guys are kidding right? Chrono meta is nothing if you gonna compare with this one.

Chrono meta : Yes it was unkillable kind but it was only chrono and almost every single team has a chrono in their teams.

Scourge meta : Was broken because of scrouge barriers.

Current meta : Every single OP and kittenous classes has that barrier thing now. Vindicator, Bladesworn, Specter, Mecha, Weaver, Catalyst etc + most broken and easy gameplay mode core support guard.

Current meta is the worst one, i never ever seen such a kittenous gameplay like this. Barrier shouldnt be exist in PvP!!

Edited by cek.5478
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3