SEASON ONE IS BACK!

Gripz.5683

7 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Its not confirmed that Southsun Cove is getting cut entirely, just that its getting downsized. I don't remember the source but I remember reading recently that both Southsun epsiodes would be merged into one, which is why Canach and Ellen's story had to be cut, so we'll see.

This article from the other day really makes it sound like there will be no Southsun: https://gamerant.com/guild-wars-2-interview-living-world-season-1-modernization-challenges-joe-kimmes/ 

“Transforming this massive pile of events into a linear story was no simple endeavor, Kimmes explained, and Guild Wars 2 had to make cuts if it would make a coherent, containable story in the modern era of the MMO.

Obviously, the Guild Wars 2 holiday events, such as Wintersday or the Super Adventure Box, were easy cuts from Scarlet's War, but other story arcs are being culled from the story as well. The Southsun Cove arc is one such casualty, as ArenaNet decided to focus on Scarlet Briar and her schemes first and foremost with the rerun of Living World Season 1. Unfortunately, this means characters introduced in that chapter, like Ellen Kiel and Canach, will have to be introduced elsewhere in the narrative.”

• Like 2

there is one  thing i like to point out that should be addressed. when finishing victory or death from the core game's story line it STILL leads you to magister Mckay  and her summery cinematic while also receiving the mail informing what season 1 was and how its unavailable. 

This needs to change, directing ALL players who continue their story from the personal story DIRECTLY to season one instead.

the letter stating its not available and being tunneled to season 2 need to be removed immediately as well.
I know season 1 has not been fully rereleased but it's VITAL that this gets fixed soon, if not yesterday.
less attentive new players could be mislead by this legacy patch work from the past and still miss season 1.

Edited by ShroomOneUp.6913
  • Like 3

I'm very happy with the return of LW S1. I'm an achievement hunter but I missed all of Season 1 and I always disliked that a significant set of achievements were inaccessible to me. I already was happy with the release of the Twisted Marionette and the few Vision of the Past releases but this is really nice. I'll finally be able to catch up with players who were active in LW back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

there is one  thing i like to point out that should be addressed. when finishing victory or death from the core game's story line it STILL leads you to magister Mckay  and her summery cinematic while also receiving the mail informing what season 1 was and how its unavailable. 

This needs to change, directing ALL players who continue their story from the personal story DIRECTLY to season one instead.

the letter stating its not available and being tunneled to season 2 need to be removed immediately as well.
I know season 1 has not been fully rereleased but it's VITAL that this gets fixed soon, if not yesterday.
less attentive new players could be mislead by this legacy patch work from the past and still miss season 1.

Until all of Season 1 is released there would be no point changing it. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

Kinda like the idea to have it back as I couldn't experience like a half of it myself due to private life forcing a break back then. However they should have made the titles unobtainable because it devalues them and makes them nothing special anymore. This way you could easily see who plays since start and who doesn't. 

lol this kinda of idea that mke LS1 a disaster.

imagine i presenting game to friends "hey guys GW2 is cool game, with lot of titles and features that u never get because nerds here thinking this one-time only content make them feel have a value".

this not add any value to the game, only to few player egos, that probably left the game.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, IrishPotato.6327 said:

Until all of Season 1 is released there would be no point changing it. 

bobby seems to agree with me in another thread tho. alas i can see the reasons why they didn't do it yet (bobby is not in charge of season 1 reimplementation)

Edited by ShroomOneUp.6913

On 4/19/2022 at 12:10 PM, Gripz.5683 said:

It finally happened! I'm exited to start playing the first episode! What is your opinion about the reintroduction and episodic format?

Outstanding! And way overdue. With season 1 finally in the works, it can actually be said that the story is finally complete. That is, for those that missed season 1 or portions of it. I just played through "Flame and Frost" and could not be happier with the result.

For years I've wanted to go for a full play-through from core gw2 all the way to today. That reality is now underway. As somebody who missed the first half of season 1, this is a real treat. Looking back at season 1 in 2013 and all those good moments I got to experience, I cannot but help to think that it should never have been done that way in the first place! Not only was season 1 blatant FOMO, but it was very taxing and unsustainable. gw2 was just pumping out one-and-done episodes every two weeks at a rapid pace. That simply just wasn't going to last. (There's no time to fix things if something bad happens!) ANet learned that lesson real quick with season 2! They made the right call with the Story Journal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Trigarta.3841 said:

Overall I am happy with how it turned out. Except for the lead in to the story. I don't believe the character knows about the Molten Alliance after the end of the personal story. The letters you receive imply that you do though. It seemed a little weird to me. 

I don't think the player character is supposed to know about it until they receive that letter. There's a few mentions that the Vigil and Order of Whispers have been investigating since refugees started arriving in Hoelbrak and the Black Citadel, and they're the ones who found out dredge and Flame Legion were working together and what they call themselves. It seems like at that point they decided it's a matter for the Pact to deal with and either they or your characters mentor from Destiny's Edge decided to call you specifically. (Since this would be shortly after the end of the personal story the player is still an active part of the Pact at the time.) So the letter is intended to quickly bring you up to speed on the situation.

Although I think this is also a result of the release being condensed. Originally Flame & Frost had a very slow start, with bits being added every few days though late January and early February so there's a good chance players would have seen the refugees and later dredge and flame legion working together themselves before the story really got going. That wasn't especially well received the first time around (since it meant the first week or so amounted to doing 1 achievement for repairing 75 sign posts) so it looks like they decided to start from the point where several major factions are aware of the problem. I think all that background investigation is still supposed to have happened, but without us present.

On 4/20/2022 at 5:39 PM, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

bobby seems to agree with me in another thread tho. alas i can see the reasons why they didn't do it yet (bobby is not in charge of season 1 reimplementation)

The answer is simple. Season 1 is incomplete. The only alternative would be to direct them to season 1, then direct them to Makkay. They would then need to edit out each piece of the recap to line up with what's playable. It would be too much of a mess.

21 hours ago, IrishPotato.6327 said:

The answer is simple. Season 1 is incomplete. The only alternative would be to direct them to season 1, then direct them to Makkay. They would then need to edit out each piece of the recap to line up with what's playable. It would be too much of a mess.

good you can not read because i DID say i UNDERSTAND WHY they did it. thank you for telling me what i knew

On 4/25/2022 at 10:45 AM, IrishPotato.6327 said:

TBH they wouldn't need to edit the recap at all, however, they would need to update every previous S1 release until the last one so it'd be more work to do what they do now and just edit Victory or Death once, unless they were to just pre-emptively remove it from the story journal immediately.

That said, the story journal entry for the recap already states it'll only remain until Season 1 has fully returned - so it'll be gone once we get Battle for Lion's Arch.

Hopefully it won't be removed from the game, just the Story Journal, and made an optional recap watch like the HoT recap in Eir's Memorial instance in S3, since there's an achievement tied to it.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Do we get anything for doing all the achieves? Please no stealth surprise reward at the end, I want to know beforehand so I can actually complete it with others.

And you wont know beforehand, so do it if you want now or later dont matter.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 12:44 PM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

TBH they wouldn't need to edit the recap at all, however, they would need to update every previous S1 release until the last one so it'd be more work to do what they do now and just edit Victory or Death once, unless they were to just pre-emptively remove it from the story journal immediately.

That said, the story journal entry for the recap already states it'll only remain until Season 1 has fully returned - so it'll be gone once we get Battle for Lion's Arch.

Hopefully it won't be removed from the game, just the Story Journal, and made an optional recap watch like the HoT recap in Eir's Memorial instance in S3, since there's an achievement tied to it.

I imagine Makkay will still be there, it just won't be part of the Journal like you said. No reason to remove her necessarily, just the requirement once S1 is finalized, but not before.

Also I'm a big fan, ty for quoting me 😁

Edited by IrishPotato.6327

On 4/19/2022 at 7:03 PM, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Well core is 1 to 2 hit kills on most enemies

Depends on the profession you play and gear you have .....There is influx of new players so it was right decision to keep it pre-Poe/EoD difficulty 

Besides this is more of a long time fun service, that was in backlog for too long, so enjoy kitten story instead of complaining about difficulty. I think EoD gives you more than enough slack of that (too much for a lot of people - I am not big fun of some of metas that atrociously difficult, on the difficulty of raids)

Edited by Senteliks.2360
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Senteliks.2360 said:

Depends on the profession you play and gear you have .....There is influx of new players so it was right decision to keep it pre-Poe/EoD difficulty 

Besides this is more of a long time fun service, that was in backlog for too long, so enjoy kitten story instead of complaining about difficulty. I think EoD gives you more than enough slack of that (too much for a lot of people - I am not big fun of some of metas that atrociously difficult, on the difficulty of raids)

I appreciate the easier difficulty. Cantha irritates me because of how difficult the area is

Just want to say I am really enjoying the first chapter. I'm not done with it yet, but for someone who missed S1 and enjoys the narrative and lore of GW2, it has been a treat. I liked playing through the parts that have been available in fractals for the first time in their "story" format. It was strange for me. I felt a sense of nostalgia, although I never actually played the original release (just the fractals). Thank you Anet!

I'm planning on running a new character (currently half way through personal story) through it so I am in no current rush to play season 1.

I've waited almost a decade for this content to come back so I can wait until the whole thing is out before I actually play it.

It's not like it's the first time i've waited on content either, did the same thing when Covid caused a bunch of IBS episodes to launch without voice acting as well and I am glad I did wait to play them.

We'll get there 😄