Teapot did a ranked PvP tierlist.

It is going to be my first season with eod specs so I cannot comment too much about those (except for one). I have mostly played unranked after the mat which obviously had an impact on the representation of the professions.

Overall my list (outside of eod specs) would be close but this is only relevant for a small % of the playerbase (starting around high gold 3 in eu) and is limited to what people consider the “highest value build” (for example core guard has a lot more variety than just support, adding a lot fun to this "profession").

Just because I want to nitpick :

• Some choices are extremely good if you have a duo (like herald) but there are safer picks if you are solo.
  • I would rate scourge at least D. I can make some stuff happen when I play it.
  • Mirage might be close to A
  • Right now I would still recommend soulbeast over untamed the majority of the time just because my experience with untamed has been inconsistent.
Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

He's going at it from the perspective of you being the best player in your match and you need to hyper carry weaker players. If you are an average/weak player in your given match tankier more passive duelist builds like mechanist are far better than dps roamers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

How is Untamed a S class?....you literally do not see the spec being played outside pvp onetrick pony mode, a class design perceived as OP in one game mode and trash in others, the lack of consistency is due to class perception....you actually have less sustain than core ranger if you fail to land ambush kills and outside the 10% dmg reduction....the untamed traitline is inferior to soulbeast and druid lines. An ok spec in PvE and completely ignored in WvW where it lacks the stability and mobility to keep up with soulbeast 

• Like 4
  • Confused 11

21 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

How is Untamed a S class?....you literally do not see the spec being played outside pvp onetrick pony mode, a class design perceived as OP in one game mode and trash in others, the lack of consistency is due to class perception....you actually have less sustain than core ranger if you fail to land ambush kills and outside the 10% dmg reduction....the untamed traitline is inferior to soulbeast and druid lines. An ok spec in PvE and completely ignored in WvW where it lacks the stability and mobility to keep up with soulbeast 

Yeah, mostly agree with the tiers but definitely some odd choices.  Untamed is definitely not S-tier.  Who struggles against untamed?  Mostly just need to watch out for sudden pet swipe.  

DE is just shut down way too easily with any type of projectile denial.  Shouldn't really be A+ tier.

Scourge is bad, but it's not that bad.  Same with the chrono and core mes.  All three should be at least c-tier.

Ele builds also seem over-rated.  Low A-tier at best, but probably more accurate to put most of them in high B-tier.

• Like 1

You guys seem to have misunderstood how these are being rated.

It's not a 1v1 tier-list. It's about which can snowball kills hardest to carry your team in solo-queue. For that you need high burst damage and mobility. If you get stuck in a long 1v1, you're not carrying. Nobody is saying that Harbinger is #1 best 1v1 class. That's why, for example, Deadeye and Untamed are rated so high, even though, for example, core-ranger and weaver have much greater 1v1 potential. Slowly winning 1v1s doesn't carry solo-queue ranked. This is about zooming around the map ganking 2v1, not about "glorious honourable 1v1".

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

If this list is based on how well you can carry a gold/Plat rankedgame... it is SPOT ON.

i fully understand what diffrent people are saying tho: "Untamed is not S-Tier" "DE is not A-Tier", etc. this is true for lowerelos. You will rarely find any good untamed until High gold/low plat. And same for DE....  This list is for high Gold and upwards i think.

Edited by Sahne.6950

12 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

He's going at it from the perspective of you being the best player in your match and you need to hyper carry weaker players. If you are an average/weak player in your given match tankier more passive duelist builds like mechanist are far better than dps roamers.

Right on, that's was a a very astute observation on your part ArthurDent. 

He's being surprisingly objective.
Only big corrections I'd make:

Daredevil:
It's not A+ tier. Daredevil was unmatched speed + stealth access for resets/sneaky decaps/fast kills.
Shadow arts was nerfed, so no stealth. Everyone and their mothers can catch up to a daredevil, so no speed. Furthermore, you can't reset when there's a willbender around (which is all the kittening time). Thief in this meta can't do anything. Good riddance, but it's not A+.

- Virtuoso\Mirage
TeaPot: "I saw Misha's playing it [virtuoso], he's convinced me"
Misha's streaming titleSOLOQ MESMER ONLY TO LEGEND
Misha's actual streaming9 matches on mirage, 1 on virtuoso. Basically one of the best mesmers in game running for his life for 3 hours straight, then getting yeeted back to gold 3.

You can't make this kitten up.

- Soulbeast
I'd demote it. Good damage, but it's easy to shut down. Projectile hate\CC\condies\people porting on top of you will prevent you from doing stuff... all of that is very common.

Overall, that's pretty much it. We could start asking some good questions, first one being "why pretty much everything on guardian is allowed to be so kittening strong", but this is not the best place to say those things.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

Yeah, mostly agree with the tiers but definitely some odd choices.  Untamed is definitely not S-tier.  Who struggles against untamed?  Mostly just need to watch out for sudden pet swipe. 

There are like maybe 2 people that can play untamed well on NA so its not surprising that everyone thinks they are trash.

Edited by Paradoxoglanis.1904

About the core specs , how about we create lesser forms of their elites , and the cd is reduced with each crit ?

For example Core ele > Lesser Tornado 30 cd > no hp bonus .

Rev > Jade wind > aoe stun for 1 sec > energy cost is reduced by 30% , each time they use a 3-energy cost spell .

Necro > Kameha...i mean Lich form > 30 sec > no hp bonus

12 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

How is Untamed a S class?....you literally do not see the spec being played outside pvp onetrick pony mode, a class design perceived as OP in one game mode and trash in others

Well, the tierlist was exclusively for sPvP. And Untamed's ranking in it is in part because of the fart cloud which cucks Harbingers. It does to Harbinger what Tempest used to do to Lich with Swirling and Mag Aura. If Harbinger was lower on it, Untamed would be lower too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Noir.8561 said:

About the core specs , how about we create lesser forms of their elites , and the cd is reduced with each crit ?

For example Core ele > Lesser Tornado 30 cd > no hp bonus .

Rev > Jade wind > aoe stun for 1 sec > energy cost is reduced by 30% , each time they use a 3-energy cost spell .

Necro > Kameha...i mean Lich form > 30 sec > no hp bonus

It is an interesting idea to enhance core skills slightly for core classes to balance them. I’m not sure if Anet would see it as equally as important - at the end the especs sell their expansions 

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Tpot secret warrior hater? HMMMMM? 🤔

I actually agree with his warrior placements,  given the context.

Id say the strata for the warrior lineup is about that distributed, with an asterisk next to bladesworn because I'm sure it outhealing damage through shouts isnt anets intent and will get it adjusted. 

MaT is a different story. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

10 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I actually agree with his warrior placements,  given the context.

Id say the strata for the warrior lineup is about that distributed, with an asterisk next to bladesworn because I'm sure it outhealing damage through shouts isnt anets intent and will get it adjusted. 

MaT is a different story. 

It'd be a hell of an oversight to make an elite that synergizes with ammo utilities that didn't account for the fact that a lot of shouts use ammo and that warrior shouts are tied to warrior sustain builds. 🤷‍♀️