Dungeon Exotic gear should be stat selectable

This would be a great way to keep dungeons lively for early game players.

I'm sure there's a way it could work and be balanced. Maybe needing 100 of every dungeon currency? Make it separate so there's still reason to grind for skins.

I think it'd be be a nice easy change that would establish dungeons as a platform to gear up for Fractals.

Edited by SirRocket.3516
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

They would be exotic level.  Couldn’t use that in higher level fractals.

And if your intent is to make it stat selectable ascended then hell no.

You could balance it. Have a selection of core Tyria stats

Plus you need full exotic to start T1 so I'm not quite sure what you mean. Once you start doing T1 you can start getting Ascended trinkets to hold infusions for higher tiers. You can also get stat selectable gear from strikes, same with verdant brink.  Why not add a way for dungeons? I think dungeons could be a great place to test builds and get use to group content.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Can't you already select which gear stats you want by selecting the relevant dungeon?

Berserker's gear - go do Citadel, Crucible or Arah, right?

They could make the gear stat selectable, or they could reduce dungeon currencies to a single one, or both! But then you end up in a situation where people would just grind the easiest one, and the other dungeons would be even more of a wasteland than they already are no?

I guess it's 10 year old abandoned (sadface) content at this point, so who really cares

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Higher stats?

Infusion slots?

Account Bound?

And in the case of Legendaries, free transmutes.

And seeing as we all know fashion is the REAL endgame, that's the key selling point for Legendaries 😄

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

What, then, would be the point of ascended and/or legendary gear?

When I read 'stat-selectable' I take it to mean the kind of gear that you choose, once and for all, what kind of stats are on them by using the "customize" function.

Not stat-changeable like ascended through Mystic Forge or legendary through the armory.

I took the OPs request to be that dungeon armor would function like the bladed armor you get in Verdant Brink.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

If anything the weapons should be stat selectable since there are plenty of ways to get stat selectable armor already. Weapons have fewer options.

The problem with doing through dungeons is that it would removed another reason for doing different dungeons.

34 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

When I read 'stat-selectable' I take it to mean the kind of gear that you choose, once and for all, what kind of stats are on them by using the "customize" function.

Not stat-changeable like ascended through Mystic Forge or legendary through the armory.

I took the OPs request to be that dungeon armor would function like the bladed armor you get in Verdant Brink.

OP's second paragraph implies the opposite

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Sounds like a nice idea in theory, but it should be limited to the stats you can already get with tokens (or just to any core stat). Also, people are just going to do the easiest dungeon possible to get any gear, so you're making one dungeon more popular and rest probably less so.

The thing is... core stat gear (named exotics) are already incredibly cheap on the TP, and I doubt that many people would even pick dungeons over farming a small amount of gold somewhere and buying it easily.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Reborn.1738 said:

Can't you already select which gear stats you want by selecting the relevant dungeon?

Berserker's gear - go do Citadel, Crucible or Arah, right?

They could make the gear stat selectable, or they could reduce dungeon currencies to a single one, or both! But then you end up in a situation where people would just grind the easiest one, and the other dungeons would be even more of a wasteland than they already are no?

I guess it's 10 year old abandoned (sadface) content at this point, so who really cares

Problem with dungeon gear is that the only stat type they offer that's useful is Zerker. 

If you wanna play any other role or Wvw, you don't have a reason to run dungeons. 

A quick way to get your starter gear seems like a good idea to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Dungeon gear should be stat selectable with core stats since that was core content.

I wouldn't know how much work this would be but maybe a harmless change.

There's already a topic about general exotic gear acquisition being very sporadic and I'd be interested to see devs adjust the whole system. 

Personally I'd like to see HoT maps to give stat selectable with only HoT stats (vipers, minstrels, etc), PoF rewards to have the same with only PoF stats (harrier, grieving etc.) and similarly for EoD (ritualist, dragon).

I have no idea about what to do with IBS gear since there are no linked stats for that content.

As someone pointed out, VB is the best place to grind any stat select exotics so why not spread this out to make it specific to the zone. 

Also (unpopular opinion) stat select gear should be removed from TP (or made to be fixed stat) since this is just a few random pieces from IBS which don't feel like they make sense. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, disco.9302 said:

I have no idea about what to do with IBS gear since there are no linked stats for that content.

Diviner.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong season; Diviner is S4, not 5.

Also, Sinister is S2, not core.

Edited by The Boz.2038
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2022 at 8:29 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Problem with dungeon gear is that the only stat type they offer that's useful is Zerker. 

If you wanna play any other role or Wvw, you don't have a reason to run dungeons. 

A quick way to get your starter gear seems like a good idea to me. 

Yep, most dungeons offer stats that weren't even that great back then and are now available at the penny shop  anyways. So unless people want runes or skins  they are about as useful to nobody except for said zerker stats.

If people don't want stat select, then the condi-based dungeons could give vipers or plague doctor, in addition to those "awesome" rampager stats.

No point in being so stingy with exotic gear that isn't BIS and won't even get you to the highest fractals. But it would give a proper door to strikes.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yep, most dungeons offer stats that weren't even that great back then and are now available at the penny shop  anyways. So unless people want runes or skins  they are about as useful to nobody except for said zerker stats.

If people don't want stat select, then the condi-based dungeons could give vipers or plague doctor, in addition to those "awesome" rampager stats.

No point in being so stingy with exotic gear that isn't BIS and won't even get you to the highest fractals. But it would give a proper door to strikes.

At least Rampager is useful now. But yes, dungeon armor is largely undesirable in terms of stats.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Wouldn't ascended then be a step down if you make dungeon exotics stat selectable?

Then legendary an unnecesarily huge hassle just to get what you had with dungeon exotic and a 5% boost?

I dont think that the OP meant freely changeable, just initially selectable after which it would be set. Ascended would provide better numbers and be resetable via mystic forge. Legendary would be freely resetable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I dont think that the OP meant freely changeable, just initially selectable after which it would be set. Ascended would provide better numbers and be resetable via mystic forge. Legendary would be freely resetable.

That makes more sense then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Then legendary an unnecesarily huge hassle just to get what you had with dungeon exotic and a 5% boost?

It already is. Legendaries are very expensive vanity  skins with some QoL, unless someone really wants new stats as new contents as released.

It is also very easy to change ascended stats, and sometimes easier than getting new exotics. For example, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Intact_Mosaic

serves as both insignia or inscription to change stats on ascended pieces. I really wish they had carried this style elsewhere.

With the high cost of templates, ascended gear is also potentially more efficient when it comes to stat swapping. You can probably get 5-6 ascended armor sets for each legendary, and this is not even including whatever else you need to do to get said legendary.

Although the difference between exotic and ascended is probably 10%, and exotics can't take infusions. Now maybe if you reach some of the fractal titles you won't need infusions in your armor, but that is moot by then.

At the end of the day it's not really about getting people easy exotics as much as it is about giving people a reason to run dungeons.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

What, then, would be the point of ascended and/or legendary gear?

They offer higher stats and infusion slots. And in the case of Legendary, the armoury and you can change stats as often as you want. I think they were just wanting it to be like the Warlord set. You select stats once, can't change after that, soulbound on use.  I wouldn't have a problem with that for Dungeon gear.

I play a lot of WvW, we get Warlord chests, there are reward tracks that end with  exotic armour with selectable stats. I wouldn't mind if dungeon armour was the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1