GW2 Future classes?

locurano.6345

Hello everyone!

Would you like GW2 to have more classes? For example, would you like a priest like class that use light powers, you know... the classic priest who can be healer/support or DPS with holy light powers, a class who can use staff, mace, hammer and shield. Maybe the skills could apply Confusion or Torment, maybe even Burning.😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

4 minutes ago, locurano.6345 said:

Hello everyone!

Would you like GW2 to have more classes? For example, would you like a priest like class that use light powers, you know... the classic priest who can be healer/support or DPS with holy light powers, a class who can use staff, mace, hammer and shield. Maybe the skills could apply Confusion or Torment, maybe even Burning.😃

Why is this needed when firebrand healer already are in the game?

It can use all those weapons and scepter aswell.

Edit

+ it use heavy armor like the priests in d&d not the weak priests in wow.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

that's Guardian, except it's priest / monk (GW1 class) with heavy armor

Firebrand is a Guardian on steroid; PS: I don't condone using performance enhancement drugs

Guardian is one of the newer professions in Tyria, having evolved from a mixture of older, mainly human traditions, in particular the heavily-armored, supportive paragons of Elona[2] and the deeply religious monks, who would often appeal to the human gods Dwayna and Balthazar for the magical fortitude to heal and protect their allies and smite enemies.

Edited by crepuscular.9047

We just got a new expansion that basically added 9 "classes". Thinking of yet more at this point of time seems like a bit early doesn't it? Also, the simple answer from me would be "no". I don't see the need for that. Also it sounds a lot like the original Guardian from 10 years ago. You know...healing, support, dps? Can use staff, mace, hammer and shield? You literally describe core Guardian...

PS: Just in case the "classic" priest in your eyes is wearing cloth  - in my first longterm MMO Dark Age of Camelot (which was released 20 years ago) the albion cleric wore chain armor, being surpassed in defensive capability only by the tank class plate armor. Chain was the second most protecting armor out of five (Cloth, Leather, Studded, Chain, Plate)

Edited by Shikigami.4013
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, locurano.6345 said:

Hello everyone!

GW2 adds "classes" by making new elite specializations for the core professions. If you have ideas for new "classes" you are better off making a suggestion for how a new elite spec would fit your vision.

I don't want any more professions. Elites can handle anything that is needed.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, locurano.6345 said:

Hello everyone!

Would you like GW2 to have more classes? 

Not really. We already have three classes from every armor type. I prefer elite specs so I can play my existing characters and don’t have to create new ones because there are new classes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, narwhalsbend.7059 said:

Why do we need more armor classes? We already have light, medium, and heavy. What's next, "extra heavy" or "ultra light"?

I don't see anyone asking for more armor classes. He was suggesting a new character class, not a new armor class.

The only mention of any other armor classes than the existing ones was in a post from me, which certainly did not in any way suggest to add these additional armor classes into GW2.

• Haha 1

I hope people will finally accept that Elites in GW2  are NEW classes with their own skills, or atleast subclasses, giving a class the ability its core or other elites can't provide

Thief can be close range dps, long range dps or healer

if you want "new" class, create 3 characters for each class's 3 elites

People should also accept that "remove weapon restriction" is stupid

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Shikigami.4013 said:

I don't see anyone asking for more armor classes. He was suggesting a new character class, not a new armor class.

The only mention of any other armor classes than the existing ones was in a post from me, which certainly did not in any way suggest to add these additional armor classes into GW2.

Apologies, my post was a snide comment about using proper terminology.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm find myself thinking about this from time to time. 

Though it's hard to imagine where they could go. Especially as we've been exposed to the new specs. Which I find are stretching the game a little. (Though I do need to spend more time with the new specs so this may change).

Personally I would like to see aggression become it's own mechanic separate from toughness. Maybe make it a boon could be interesting. I find the cap of elite specs is interesting. How many they can do without it becoming too much.

Sometimes I think new weapons, which would need new legendries also (which could be good) at the same time there's nothing stopping them from doing what they did with Warrior and have the new weapon be an ability that unlocks a new set of skills. 

To answer your question I want engie to have more scrapper aesthetics to it's next spec. Holosmith and Mech I just wasn't into much, they're cool specs in terms of mechanics, but not into the theme of them. Plus mech loosing the tool belt was a bit of a sting for me. Maybe have traits that can give your turrets a second skill, or gain access to more kits for the next one.

For necro I'd love to see one that's focused on sacrificing minions for huge buffs vitality so you become this tank, support role. 

Though we'll see, tbh it's quite difficult to come up with new specs as most fill most roles now, most specs I think of is just X and Y profession. So it'll be interesting to see what the future holds.

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2022 at 6:10 PM, locurano.6345 said:

Hello everyone!

Personally, I'd love to see more actual classes in this game, having only 3 mages, 3 scouts and 3 tanks feels a bit short, especially when some of them aren't great to play and ANet refuses to get them back to being good, plus, ANet seems to greatly favour Necros, Engineers and Guardians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

No. Would be too much work I guess. They would need to bring 3 new ones (one for each armor weight) ... and each one with 3 full elite specs ... would mean like 9 elite specs again.

Yeah it might work for one expansion. Then again they also would have the core specs and own class mechanics. A lot of stuff to do. (Might mean more than 1 expansion needed.)

I'd rather have more customization options for the existing ones. A 4th trait slot with stuff eclusive to it - besides the elite specs. They tried a bit with the jade bot - universal customization for everyone.  But it is not toooo interesting. (Still pretty useful though.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

57 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

No. Would be too much work I guess. They would need to bring 3 new ones (one for each armor weight) ... and each one with 3 full elite specs ... would mean like 9 elite specs again.

I've noted before that the only way I could imagine the introduction of a new profession would be if it is a Light Armor profession with 3 elite specs right of the bat. One of those elite specs would give it access to Medium Armor and one would give it access to Heavy Armor. The third spec would not give access to an additional Armor class. 

But do I think that's likely? No. Do I think it's necessary? No. Do I think it will be difficult to find a thematic and mechanical niche for this new profession and to make it balanced? Definitely. 

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:44 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Let's see. 

Guardian. 

Uses holy light powers. [X] 

Can heal, support and dps. [X] 

Uses Burning. [X] 

Uses staff, Mace, shield and hammer. [X] 

Man have I good news for you. 

The OP did suggest Torment and Confusion... a condi-focused guardian elite using the mind-oriented conditions could be interesting. Especially since guardian has a lot fewer "punishment" options with the removal of retaliation: bringing back that retribution theme through Confusion would bring that aspect back, without being quite so much of a gotcha as attacking into Retribution could be.

But yeah, most of what the OP asked for is covered with guardian. If heal mesmer ever showed up that would also be pretty close apart from the aesthetics.

• Haha 1

would i like new classes? yes, primarily because i think their are class concepts that couldnt be expanded properly on in the Elite specc set up.

however, with the actual time consumption required to not onlyh make a New class but 3 Elites + a New one, i feel like itd realistically swallow a HUGE amount of the budgetr and every other class at this point would swallow the Compromise in trade