I want to stop working on my legendary armor.

1 hour ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Lol, so he got caried trough all this and still Talks bad about these people? 

If this would be the other way, the people here would Storm your'e comment how right you are about these bad raiders, like in other threads.

You can search logs with specific accounts on wingman if you use the filter function. 

Pretty sure op doesnt even use arc and didnt realize how hard he got carried from a few experienced players who didnt care. Pugs usually never kick for low dps and when they do it its not because of 2k too low but because the dps is racing a support. This "dps centered elitist" bashing just doesnt exist unless you want to join speedrun statics.

Most pugs dont care about dps as long as its not extraordinary bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, daesz.2439 said:

wvw armor set of 1 weight takes like 2 monthes to get

You mean closer to six months right? 9374 skirmish tickets (assuming you are using your reward track to get the GoB rather than the Exotics to unlock the ascended pieces) divided by the max of 395 tickets per week equates to approximately 24 weeks. Closer to 5 months if you already have the GoB....but then you did have to spend time getting those so it shoul probably  be added back into the equation. So, a part time job, easily 20-24 hours per week if you are not already higher rank, for six months...

I've got both medium and heavy and am almost done with light as my rank grants extra pips every tick, not everyone will have that benefit .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And then you have players like me, who don't enjoy ANY of the aspects required to make lego armor. I don't like raids, I don't enjoy wvw, and I hate pvp. I just make ascended armor and I'm done with it. If they made a non-raid version of PvE lego armor I would probably work towards it. Until then, ascended armor for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

You mean closer to six months right? 9374 skirmish tickets (assuming you are using your reward track to get the GoB rather than the Exotics to unlock the ascended pieces) divided by the max of 395 tickets per week equates to approximately 24 weeks. Closer to 5 months if you already have the GoB....but then you did have to spend time getting those so it shoul probably  be added back into the equation. So, a part time job, easily 20-24 hours per week if you are not already higher rank, for six months...

it's 365 maximum and it will take approximately 22 weeks, for the basic skin. 29 weeks for the mistforged skin.

12 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I've got both medium and heavy and am almost done with light as my rank grants extra pips every tick, not everyone will have that benefit .

And that is key. At lower ranks you don't get a lot of pips so it takes a lot longer. I recently went from bronze to silver and that extra pip already makes a big difference, but it still takes a lot of my time to get 365 per week. End result: it takes me much longer to do than 22 weeks because I just can't do wvw that much all the time.

2 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

You can search logs with specific accounts on wingman if you use the filter function. 

Pretty sure op doesnt even use arc and didnt realize how hard he got carried from a few experienced players who didnt care. Pugs usually never kick for low dps and when they do it its not because of 2k too low but because the dps is racing a support. This "dps centered elitist" bashing just doesnt exist unless you want to join speedrun statics.

Most pugs dont care about dps as long as its not extraordinary bad.

Thats cool, but is this actual? When i search under Killproof for my name, only my old kills when i started Raiding 2 years ago are listet, when i made my new account. And even there somehow only 1 or 2 kills for some bosses get checked oo. My druid is completly out there xD.

Or do i something wrong?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

it's 365 maximum and it will take approximately 22 weeks, for the basic skin. 29 weeks for the mistforged skin.

And that is key. At lower ranks you don't get a lot of pips so it takes a lot longer. I recently went from bronze to silver and that extra pip already makes a big difference, but it still takes a lot of my time to get 365 per week. End result: it takes me much longer to do than 22 weeks because I just can't do wvw that much all the time.

9374 (if you are unlocking the exotics with skirmish tickets because your reward track is assigned to getting gifts of battle) tickets divided by 365 tickets per week works out to almost 26 weeks. A little less if you don't need to unlock the exotics.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I can also ask why so few OW-people bring the argument that they want EVERY content to have their own way's to get things they like and have fair rewards.

I make that point frequently.

Where is my way to get my Chak-infusion whitout grinding ton of gold or doing so much boring ow-meta's? Because you know, fashion is a BIG part of this game and for the only reason i play this game. So why should stuff like this not play into this "We deserve this"-sheme?

Gold is a valid acquisition method as it allows everyone to gain the item. You can make the argument that they should be sold by merchants with different prices in different modes to accommodate for average player gold per hour.

But it is fundamentally accessible. 

But in reality everyone just cares for himself and the OW-people here are the loudest ones who open threads while another thread is still on site one. And these people bring hardly any ideas or fairness into the discussion.

Pretty sure that's related to population sizes. Also, just to point that out. Hardcore players are by far the loudest relative to their population size. That's where you usually see the X000 post users in every discussion.

A lot of those threads are made by people who are genuinely new to the forums with a few dozen comments. Before being attacked on their choice of words, that they are just lazy for wanting it, etc.

"We want ow-legendary via OW-content, which does not includes Raids, because we don't like raids therefore it is not OW-content"

Yes!? Raids are instanced content. Not OW!?

"We want OW-Armour because we played this game since 104 Years, therefore we deserves this, but how this would work out whitout destroying other content is not important because people should play Content out of Fun and not for rewards"

Are you suggesting that the only reason raids, WvW and PvP survive is because armor is locked behind them?
Implying that almost no one wants to play these modes but suffers through them for the rewards?

Because I disagree with that statement heavily. I know it's just meant as strawman, exactly as the point above. Purposefully trying to make a mockery out of arguments other people make.

But suggesting this is just wrong.

And, yes. Players enjoying their time with the game is important. Everything else just leads to burnout very quickly. 

And when someone makes an atempt for an fair way of obtaining ow-legy, suprise, no one hardly reacts to it and when, then only negativ because no one say's it and everyone denies it, but in reality most people her want an LW-amulett 2.0 for legendary armour....

I mean. Most of those "suggestions" are just trying to bait certain responses so they can in turn ridicule people for being lazy. Deliberately using absolutely ridiculous numbers that come out to something like 3+ years and 2000+ hours for one set of armor. Because the person making the argument feels so elite and superior for their gameplay that anything but 20x the amount of time spent playing would not be "fair". Which is quite easy to spot when the people behind such suggestions are wildly opposed against OW armor before and after making the suggestion. There's no point in discussing specifics unless everyone agrees that the addition would be good. 

And the remaining ones are usually quite high on like and thanks emojis. There's not much to respond to when people agree. It's disagreements that keep threads going. 

And no, the lw-amulett was NOT hard to aquire. Sorry to break that down to some people here. When someone had a problem with story or other stuff, then they are just bad players, which is in no way a bad thing. GW2 is a very easy game which has content for everyone. Otherwise these players would not play this game. But that just simply means that these people can't get the thing, because easyer than this would be a free legy-amulett via mail.

What a lovely example of how a strawman argument works. Make up an easy target and then ridicule that made up argument.

Yes, LW amulet was the easiest to acquire. You can get it done in somewhere around 50 hours of playing with no time gates. A deliberately easy acquisition method to get people back in time to preorder and play EoD. Deliberately replacing the newest legendary item that the fewest people have (being not just the newest trinket but also PvP exclusive).

Considering the main purpose of legendary items being long term goals and material / gold sinks (aka, taking out materials and gold from the economy to limit inflation) it obviously has to have a significant cost and time effort associated with it. About 1.5 times the gold of the average weapon and account bound currencies that take drastically longer than any of the weapon collections. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

14 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

What a horrible thought 6 months in WvW 😵

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

On 5/13/2022 at 10:49 AM, Aridon.8362 said:

This armor has in fact been the second most frustrating thing I've ever had to build in this game, actually no, this armor is literally pure hell. PURE HELL. I had to deal with the toxicity of DPS boasting psychopaths in raid groups I didn't even care about. I thank myself enough that I bothered to even find a forming static group that didn't give two cents about people's dps and still managed to clear every wing with a sound mind.

Why not play as support or a very specific role required for the encounter (e.g. kiter)? Gets you into groups, no one would care about your dps then. It might not sound exciting...

... but who cares? The question is why did you pick the raid armor specifically (there are alternatives)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Why not play as support or a very specific role required for the encounter (e.g. kiter)? Gets you into groups, no one would care about your dps then. It might not sound exciting...

... but who cares? The question is why did you pick the raid armor specifically (there are alternatives)?

Support is not really the easyest role in Raids. When someone dosn't get a decent number in dps, with all respect, i wouldnt want this person as Support when it's not clearly statet as training. I played a few times Druid, before i did a break from raiding and as a good druid, you not only have to watch out for the HP and Buffs of your'e teammates(wich can be quite challenging alone), you also need to do quite a few annoying mechanics. And stuff like handkiter ... i knew a few ones and its just not so easy as many people might think.

DPS is easy brain-afk roll your'e rota, when you not one of the bomb-guys by sab or other stuff. And then, when at all, people also don't really watch your'e DPS.

Not to attack you, please do not take this wrong (like certain other people who turn the words in your mouth and see things that you have never said) Just wanted to express for all supporters out there. If you're not a top player or have been playing support for a super long time, support classes are anything but easy. BUT, support can be super fun. I loved playing druid, and when i will get in raids again i definitly will play him more often. When anet did not destroy him in the summer-patch x).

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Support is not really the easyest role in Raids. When someone dosn't get a decent number in dps, with all respect, i wouldnt want this person as Support when it's not clearly statet as training. I played a few times Druid, before i did a break from raiding and as a good druid, you not only have to watch out for the HP and Buffs of your'e teammates(wich can be quite challenging alone), you also need to do quite a few annoying mechanics. And stuff like handkiter ... i knew a few ones and its just not so easy as many people might think.

This. The best role you could probably pick is a banner slave, but that one still requires you to do decent dps, and on at least one boss (Dhuum) you will be asked to do some mechanics (and one you'd better not fail). But then, BS is usually not the role that's being asked for most of the time.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

DPS is easy brain-afk roll your'e rota, when you not one of the bomb-guys by sab or other stuff. And then, when at all, people also don't really watch your'e DPS.

Not to attack you, please do not take this wrong (like certain other people who turn the words in your mouth and see things that you have never said) Just wanted to express for all supporters out there. If you're not a top player or have been playing support for a super long time, support classes are anything but easy. BUT, support can be super fun. I loved playing druid, and when i will get in raids again i definitly will play him more often. When anet did not destroy him in the summer-patch x).

To be honest if someone's dps is absolutely awful I would expect them to go to couple of training runs, play with a bot a bit to get a feel on how the rotation is supposed to work. I have a feeling that there are many players who don't do that and are suprised why others complain.
I wouldn't say dps is a brain-afk role. I would expect them to know how to deal with mechanics on quite a few of the fights... e.g. Cannons, Mortars, Shrooms.

I fully agree that support roles require practice. I'm not saying that you can transition from dps to support on a spot. If ppl are looking for a way to feel more appreciated in raids, I would go for that swap though. And to be honest, I'm not saying healer or tank. Small steps... cfb -> cqfb -> hfb -> tank for example. This actually gets you into some groups.

Edited by NotTooFoolish.7412
  • Like 2

Just now, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

I wouldn't say dps is a brain-afk role. I would expect them to know how to deal with mechanics on quite a few of the fights... e.g. Cannons, Mortars, Shrooms.

Personally i have seen a few DPSes that didn't even know there was such a mechanic on Sabetha, and when accidentaily obtained bomb for throwing towards cannon guy, they were completely lost (because in their usual groups flak kiter always took care of that one).

In pugs, of course, being so dps-focused to the exclusion of everything else is much harder.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

same feeling as OP, but hardstuck @KC since the guild trainer left about 2 years ago, even with RA i find difficult finding a training group during my play time, training channels are rather quiet during OCE evening period, so pretty much gave up.

PvP and WvW legendary armors are much easier to work since they are just chill time sinks, just 1 more PvP and 1 more WvW and I'll have 6/9 armor sets done.

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

To be honest if someone's dps is absolutely awful I would expect them to go to couple of training runs, play with a bot a bit to get a feel on how the rotation is supposed to work. I have a feeling that there are many players who don't do that and are suprised why others complain.

I fully agree that support roles require practice. I'm not saying that you can transition from dps to support on a spot. If ppl are looking for a way to feel more appreciated in raids, I would go for that swap though. And to be honest, I'm not saying healer or tank. Small steps... cfb -> cqfb -> hfb -> tank for example. This actually gets you into some groups.

Absolutly true!

As i started raiding 2 Years ago, the first thing i did was go to the Trainings-Golem and train my Rota. Raids are so much easyer when you can put your'e rota down mostly whitout thinking about what button to press next. And after this, i did join training-runs or all welcome runs, which i personally had no problem to find. And funny enough, this runs performed often way better than 250li+ runs i had trough friends after this. Also people in these runs are mostly way more chill, logically.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I pretty much agree but would differentiate a bit more.

Support can be intimidating due to the secondary jobs but rotations to maintain your boon uptime or heal appropriately are mostly very low intensity. It doesn't need a lot of skills. Fundamentally, fulfilling a support job on HFB or HAM is quite low intensity. However, it does require better game knowledge. You need a better overview over what's happening, need to anticipate things and react usually before they happen. E.g. greens on vale guardian. Needs pre heal and post heal. Or granding stability in time for a big attack. Due to the very low intensity rotation you don't have to watch your cooldowns as much and get more time looking at and caring about everything else.

Whereas DPS doesn't really require knowledge about anything unless it kills you / your team. But rotations are mostly quite high intensity. For people without very good muscle memory that means it needs a lot of experience or requires a lot of watching the skill bar to use the skills on cooldown. Taking away time where you can watch the environment and therefore making some mechanics harder that need awareness. To take vale guardian as example, when playing DPS I overlooked the TP areas more often, and learned boss mechanics much faster once I switched to primarily play support. To me, support was much easier to play initially and took away a lot of stress and pressure. Especially now that Mechanist support was added. It's what I'd recommend to get into harder content as you can fulfill your job very easily and have lots of time to observe and learn the individual boss mechanics without screwing over your team. Though then again, we have gained some lower intensity DPS roles as well via mechanist and virtuoso which perform well enough with relatively few different skills and quite low APM.

Long story short. 

I think it mostly depends on what kind of gameplay you are more comfortable with. The skills necessary to perform well are so different that it really comes down to the individual. Both the various support roles and DPS can feel easier / more comfortable depending on what you know and what you have more experience with.

Edited by Erise.5614
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Personally i have seen a few DPSes that didn't even know there was such a mechanic on Sabetha, and when accidentaily obtained bomb for throwing towards cannon guy, they were completely lost (because in their usual groups flak kiter always took care of that one).

In pugs, of course, being so dps-focused to the exclusion of everything else is much harder.

But this is the thing. Instead of asking they just asume that everything will go greatly and when not, the Raid's are at fault :/.
In my groups, we mostly don't even demand to watch a video, we can explain things in our languag(german) but also in english. People just have to ask. Because, when people just go into raids and then make everything harder for everyone, of course people get pissed off. Off course, people shouldn't insult and stuff. But kicking people and stuff, i totaly understand because when people not ask and not speak, why should we crawl and kneel to their favor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Do I just have different expections or am I looking at the wrong logs? I wouldnt call 15k dps at VG or at Sabetha too low. Also 20-23k at MO should just be fine to kill him. For Xera dps could be a bit higher but she should be killable with this aswell (he also got ported twice) - dps in first phase was not that great, but you could also exchange the hscourge for another dps, cause noone downed there...

Cairn is obviously not his friend though...

And please keep in mind you're talking about a newish raider with 150 Li.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

But this is the thing. Instead of asking they just asume that everything will go greatly and when not, the Raid's are at fault :/.
In my groups, we mostly don't even demand to watch a video, we can explain things in our languag(german) but also in english. People just have to ask. Because, when people just go into raids and then make everything harder for everyone, of course people get pissed off. Off course, people shouldn't insult and stuff. But kicking people and stuff, i totaly understand because when people not ask and not speak, why should we crawl and kneel to their favor.

Just to point that out. No LI / KP LFG for raids is pretty much empty the entire day. It can take hours of watching and waiting and may not at all come up that day.

Most of what I've seen the past ~6 months were training teams looking for 1-2 to fill up the squad. Same with RA and various other communities. Getting into runs without joining a static is a real challenge as they fill up so quickly.

A friend of mine has been getting into raids the past months. And manages like 1- 2 Wings per week. Playing and looking to clear them every day. Because he's not had W3 or W4 training, can't find any opportunities both on LFG and on multiple training commtunities / guilds. And even W1&2 where he's fine joining semi training and low KP runs he's struggling to find any. Again, with a bit of luck both per week. Regularly 1 and with a bit of bad luck none.

And asking in a group that's not explicitly training is a very poor experience. If it's not leading to a kick then people start leaving after one or two attempts. You are entirely correct. It's not nice to not ask. To not speak up. But if that's the best way to get experience then it should not be a surprise that it happens quite a lot. People who try to do it nicely and respectful to everyone make much, much, much slower progress or don't play at all unless they have 9 friends who wanna teach / try it out.

Edit: To clarify. I'm not condoning that behavior. I'm just trying to provide a bit of context for why it happens. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, Senfdieb.3985 said:

Do I just have different expections or am I looking at the wrong logs? I wouldnt call 15k dps at VG or at Sabetha too low. Also 20-23k at MO should just be fine to kill him. For Xera dps could be a bit higher but she should be killable with this aswell (he also got ported twice) - dps in first phase was not that great, but you could also exchange the hscourge for another dps, cause noone downed there...

Cairn is obviously not his friend though...

And please keep in mind you're talking about a newish raider with 150 Li.

How do you even see this stuff? When i go to killproofs only a few kills got showed, by myself and by op ...
What do you need to do on this site to see all your'e stuff? PLS HELP

And to OP's defend, cairn is a kitten. It's called beginner-boss, but Cairn is so annoying to me. I need to watch out for the portals who come all 4 sec or so. Even after 43 kills i hate Cairn so much ...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/14/2022 at 3:12 AM, Dante.1508 said:

Wish we could do that in Pve...

We could do that but you know... We would need to balance time and effort. 

Raid armor needs effort, so you can get it faster then Wvw. 

Wvw does not need much effort but is time gated hard. 

If people like you talk about PvE, they mean Openworld content mostly. But how do you put something there that needs effort without the playerbase going ballistic again? 

As seen by Soo Won. 

You would need to time gate it hard then. 

But people don't want that either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

19 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

How do you even see this stuff? When i go to killproofs only a few kills got showed, by myself and by op ...
What do you need to do on this site to see all your'e stuff? PLS HELP

And to OP's defend, cairn is a kitten. It's called beginner-boss, but Cairn is so annoying to me. I need to watch out for the portals who come all 4 sec or so. Even after 43 kills i hate Cairn so much ...

You can do this on GW2 Wingman https://gw2wingman.nevermindcreations.de/home. In the upper left corner click on "display all bosses" and let the engine search until you see the colored bars. Under "Overview / Players / With Players" (centered above the colored bars) you can then enter an account name to search for. Under "Overview / Date Range" you can select a number of balance patches you want to include. By default only the logs from the latest balance patch will be included.

After you applied the filters click on "Update Filters".

If you want to see the logs, click in the bottom right on "Logs" and you will get a list with all logfiles where the account name is included (to open a log click on the date field).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1