Are you playing a FOTM/META class when you go on long loss streaks?

Are you playing a FOTM/META class when you go on long loss streaks?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing a FOTM/META class when you go on long loss streaks?

• Yes, I'm playing the strongest, most OP stuff I can.
    • No. I'm playing what makes me happy.
    • Somtimes, 50/50. I swap back and forth.

I mostly play freshair scepter/focus weaver air/arcana/weaver most of the time, but when a big loss streak happens 10+ games I am mentally forced for sanity reasons to play meta tempesevery game.

You can't escape the Harb guard combo or even 2x Harb guard tempest support, and a freshair ele does not have enough kaboom to dent that combo that's in nearly everygame. So I'm force to go support tempest if i want to have a equal footing in the ranked games of today.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630

Mostly playing core warrior (yes even while its in worst state ever) and doing pretty fine on it. How ever its sometimes pretty frustrating when you get claped by players that only smash 1 button to kill ya and also tanking all your burst damage cause your class is this hard nerfed damage wise xd.

6 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I play what makes me happy and stop playing when I stop having fun. 

This. 

I only meta tryhard if I am being paid for my services. This is a game for hype and blowing people up with things that require a little effort to use, to me. I don't need to grind wins for dopamine, I get enough wins in general. 

However, that doesn't excuse classes not being fixed when the fixes required are obvious. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

Sometimes. But I wont play fotm if I dont like the playstyle. I'm not good at classes that I dont like anyway which I think is pretty much universal for all. 

Right now I do also play harb. But I actually really like it regardless if its good or not. I think its quite interesting and fun for a necro.

I'm only gold anyway. Its not like I'm playing any build close to max potential and against players that are crisp. So being familiar and comfortable with a build means a lot. I dont play the common harb builds anyway. 

Poll does not match in-game reality. Literally every match when I play PVP is metabattle kitten. And I don't mean that in the sense that it's bad people use cookie cutters, but what's bad about it is meta playstyles feel awful and playing against them feels awful. Like mobile condi classes that spam you into combat while self-healing OOC. I don't know if they've nerfed it yet, because it's been so long, but I really wish that the devs had an idea of what they want the meta to look like and did a good job forcing people to play it. Because that doesn't feel intended, that feels like kitten. And it's but 1 example off the top of my head from when I cared about PVP. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

From almost exclusivly playing all variants of Ranger, i expanded myself to Core Warrior (3 different builds), Berserker, spb (3 builds), bladesworn, Core Thief (kitten + trickery +cs/sa), drd, infinite amounts of necro builds, tempest, Power Herald, Core Rev, mirage and my latest Addition is Core Inspiration Mesmer. Ranger builds are probably Meta/Close to meta

I went on a loosing spree.....  Then i bought EoD and created a Necro. Life has never been easier. When they can literally not balance this game proberly..... I will ride the Meta till they finally fix it. I am done loosing to monkeys that rolled a necro... I AM MONKE NOW! 🐒

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I went on a loosing spree.....  Then i bought EoD and created a Necro. Life has never been easier. When they can literally not balance this game proberly..... I will ride the Meta till they finally fix it. I am done loosing to monkeys that rolled a necro... I AM MONKE NOW! 🐒

You finally gave in!!! Enjoy 🙂

2 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

You finally gave in!!! Enjoy 🙂

Yeah i finally gave in... i had a long stretched out duell session against a harbinger... he was clearly worse... stood in every Aoe... ate every CC and he had 100% did not find the dodgekey yet..... BUT I LOST EVERYFIGHT. He made 15 mistakes... i did 0 and still died.

I then out of frustration bought EoD and created my first necro....  im baffled how ezpz-mode this game can be. I was so naive... i thought alot of people were simply better than me.... turns out i have just been playing Ele... and they were playing Necro...

seriously i was 100% convinced Harbinger was to strong... but playing it.. OH BOY! its so much stronger than i ever imagined it to be.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Compared to weaver, you could kill faster on Harb with your eyes closed. Glad you're enjoying! Show 'em who's bawwws. 

i literally did not read the Traits and skill yet.. jumped into the duellarena and people that were untouchable for me... turned into freekills... just spamming everything off cooldown when playing necro first time... will be stronger than 10 years of experience on Elementalist... DISGUSTING!

"HURT-HURT-Cirlces under enemy go b00m"!🐒  spam everything youve got under the feet of your enemy and profit... PvP never was this easy.

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 6/8/2022 at 7:18 AM, Pimsley.3681 said:

Is this FOTM? - Been playing warrior. There seem to be a warrior "cool" people club on these forums. 

Sometimes, I play weaver but support tempest seem more relevant in this meta. 

Oh I can assure you that warriors are not the so-called "cool" people. Our opinions tend to be pretty unpopular around here!

As an ele secondary, tempest is more relevant in wvw. Weaver for spvp.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1