Daily Achievements Bugged? [Merged]

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It wasn't mentioned in the patch note so my guess is it's a bug.

There would have to be something in the game to identify which dailies go with which game mode and automatically filter the display, and it looks like it's broken.

The question then is how important Anet consider it to be and what else they've got to fix, it might be one of those bugs which sticks around for a while because it's still functional, just not as good as it could be. (Like when the black lion icon wasn't fading.)

Does it benefit us in anyway? No. - so not an instant 10minute fix. 
Does it prevent playing or paying in anyway? No - so not an important fix. 
Are we having fun with it like Long cat? No - So not a day fix. 

One thing I know about Anet, is if a bug like this is not fixed soon, it won't be fixed for a good 5-10 years. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

There might already be a post on this, but I don't care. The recent large update has caused the daily indicator on the top right of the screen to display the dailies for PvP and WvW while in a PvE map. Back in the day they used to display the correct dailies for the map you were in. You'd see WvW dailies if you were in WvW, and you'd see PvP dailies if you were in the lobby, and you would see PvE dailies if you were in like LA. It was a beautiful thing to just log in, see my dailies, and be on my way to do them. Instead I have to dig through the hero panel and locate the specific dailies I want to do and select them to be the actively displayed goals. Any chance that this will be reverted to how it used to be? It was way more intuitive and user friendly back then. I miss the good old days.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

If you're tracking any achievements at all the dailies don't show on the UI (unless of course you choose to track them as well). If you're not tracking anything the list is automatically populated with daily achievements. The automatic list used to change based on what area of the game you're in - for example only showing WvW achievements in WvW - and now it seems that's stopped happening and they're all jumbled together.

Oh really! I didn't know. I am indeed always tracking achievements as a reminder for myself for things i still need to do in-game. Because the achievement panel is just one big mess.. endless scrolling...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Oh really! I didn't know. I am indeed always tracking achievements as a reminder for myself for things i still need to do in-game. Because the achievement panel is just one big mess.. endless scrolling...

This is the main reason I always keep at least 1 achievement tracked: it reduces the list on screen to just 2 lines (a heading and the achievement). If I want to do dailies I'll pick 3 and track them, but otherwise I don't want them cluttering up my screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BatelGeuce.3591 said:

I wanna know who the person who thought this is a good idea is ...

Potentially no one, some people still say theirs is working, much like my mate, so I think it's a bug that's only affecting some users.

Edited by Automaton.2751
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/7/2022 at 8:54 PM, Linken.6345 said:

I hope it stays this way or atleast put in an option to show either this or how it was before.

It is nice to see all dailies at the same time imo.

If I could then maybe, but due to the numerical limiting basically PVE are viewable and for everything else you have to go into the panel because they are off the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Also the Icebrood Saga merged dailies only give you 1 box per daily rather than 3.

They need to add a toggle to just hide certain categories of everything that shows up in that corner. Sometimes people don't even want to see the current event.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I logged on in Lion's Arch. Saw the WvW dailies as the top dailies and thought to myself, alright let's go do these then. Went into Eternal Battlegrounds and it swapped to PvP dailies in the top corner instead. Took one look at this, decided I didn't want to deal with this bs right now and exited the game.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, BatelGeuce.3591 said:

I wanna know who the person who thought this is a good idea is ...

I wish it was just one person...
They likely have meetings where they discuss and approve changes.
The majority of them, including their boss thought "Yup, this is good". Which is sad.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

It's a PITA. Whoever thought this was a good idea is probably the same person who decided that "Long-term Commitment" was a better title than "Committed."

In any case, it's easy enough to go into the dailies tab and follow (click on eyeball) to only show the ones you're interested in.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I can't find a patch note about it, but I don't know of any setting I may have toggled either. 

In the upper right hand corner I used to see the PVE dailies while in core/expansion zones, LW dailies in LW zones, PVP dailies in the PVP lobby, and WvW dailies in WvW. Now all dailies are compiled together, alphabetized, and the first handful listed with a prompt to click to see the rest in the achievement panel.

Was this an "improvement" in a recent patch? Or something I accidentally changed in a setting?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2