Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

Every DPS spec benches at 40k at the moment, not only we as warriors lost half of our value because of the banner removal, but we got nerfed in DPS too. WTF anet, Warrior NEEDS 100% precision to function. Everything lower is not fun and PUTRID. I was excited for these notes, but I want to cry. Why touch the damage.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

hoping the full list will have the real changes but i doubt it will lol

feels like you guys just look at what classes are meta and throw darts to find out what skills/traits to nerf without any understanding of what actually makes them strong in wvw group play

these changes are going to close to 0 effect on wvw meta in 15+ groups

nice try though

Edited by EnderGumball.7354
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

kitten meta
HB Still not nerfed
Meta will still be the same PVE-wise: DH/HB/HM then plop in any kittenin condi class

Thieves still annoying to play against in WvW with a low skill floor. 
Warrior buffs are dogwater a joke. 
Hire a new balancing team please. Otherwise you're going to lose players. Worst patch notes I have EVER seen in an MMO.
Might go back to Runescape any takers?

• Like 17
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

As an ele main, I feel like I'm in a toxic relationship. Seeing the patch everytime makes me wanna break up but I love the friends in game too much that I have to continue enduring the pain. 

I'm not the unreasonable kind who is mad whenever I see nerfs, but these nerfs are just too unjustified I don't think any ele main is able to stay cool about them.

Since devs stated that you use the popularity of professions to make balance patches, can you at least once share the data you guys used to nerf catalyst in this patch? If you are able to provide reliable data for you decisions (that catalyst is too popular and should get nerfed) I will shut up.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

these changews are aimed to precisely achieve what.

Nothing meta changing. these changes, wont be felt in the slightest its weird u've bigged these up for so long, to litterally drop a balance patch that will go un-noticed.

Spectre, Willbender, Harbinger are still going to be the Stacked PvP Meta.

Machinist is still going to dominant (Oki. maybe open world Power mech solo builds will see a Improvement)

but u've managed to write 4k Words on Absolutely nothing. theres no buff heres which will sway anything, if this is a full list, u may aswell of saved ur budget and dropped content realistically.

• Like 12

Soul Reaping

• Death Perception: This trait now gives 10% critical chance, regardless of whether the necromancer is in shroud. This trait now increases critical damage by 15% instead of increasing ferocity while in shroud.
  •  

so reaper is now officially the worst power build in the game in pve?
no promised 5% critchance
full berserker build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSQAEOSXlNbA-zRIYRUwXC2OA-e
wont be critcapped because: 50% from gear, 10% from Death perception, 25% from fury (dependant on other classes) 
= 85% critchance

?????????????????????
2. when changing specializations with templates necro shroud visuals bug out and display the wrong shroud - not fixed
3. Harbinger still displays lifeforce as health while in shroud

4. no boonshare added in spite traitline or no boonshare  improved for harbinger

Edited by Nimon.7840
  • Like 18
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, littledemon.7659 said:

As an ele main, I feel like I'm in a toxic relationship. Seeing the patch everytime makes me wanna break up but I love the friends in game too much that I have to continue enduring the pain. 

I'm not the unreasonable kind who is mad whenever I see nerfs, but these nerfs are just too unjustified I don't think any ele main is able to stay cool about them.

its because in high caliber teams they were stacking catalysts.

thats what those are because of it, catalyst was kinda busted when in the hands of very good players, the problem is Catalyst still runs on a Design that Most people cant get close to the skill curve of... so the people actually performing with it are in such a minority.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

As expected, basically a PvE patch only. Guess WvW and PvP are perfectly balanced ...

At least most stuff is split, but still ...

Btw, why are the by far most broken specs in PvP and (small scale) WvW (in this case harbinger) also the ones who get to run rampart for the longest while others, that were overperforming to far lesser extents, get nerfed nearly instantly? And no, a reduction on might stacks on their elite skill (in PvP only) alone won't make that spec balanced whatsoever.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Nimon.7840 said:

Soul Reaping

• Death Perception: This trait now gives 10% critical chance, regardless of whether the necromancer is in shroud. This trait now increases critical damage by 15% instead of increasing ferocity while in shroud.
  •  

wont be critcapped because: 50% from gear, 10% from Death perception, 25% from fury (dependant on other classes) 
= 85% critchance

?????????????????????
2. when changing specializations with templates necro shroud visuals bug out and display the wrong shroud - not fixed

4. no boonshare added in spite traitline or no boonshare  improved for harbinger

also.

Out of everything to buff in PvP

GREATSWORD?!?!?!. like What even remotely is that to achieve..

its not even the weapon used in SPVP by reaper.

brah. i was hoping for a Reaper comeback. but apprantly its just being sunk harder lol.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

From a WvW perspective, these changes are straight Powercreep. 

I see increases in:

• AoE boonshare/spam across the board
  • AoE Condi Cleanse
  • Projectile Block/Reflect Access

Reduction in:

1. Boon Removal
  2. Single Target Impact Skills
  3. Small Scale Impact on Large Scale Fights (small scale with heavy condi and projectile use seems virtually unviable in large scale)

Dear Anet,

Please look to add more AoE Boonstrip/corrupt sources, more sources of unblockable for every class, and reduce coverage of Projectile block. The way these changes are setup, it is further drowning all players in a static, boonball meta at the expense of all else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

As expected, basically a PvE patch only. Guess WvW and PvP are perfectly balanced ...

Btw, why are the by far most broken specs in PvP and (small scale) WvW (in this case harbinger) also the ones who get to run rampart for the longest while others, that were overperforming to far lesser extents, get nerfed nearly instantly? And no, a reduction on might stacks on their elite skill (in PvP only) alone won't make that spec balanced whatsoever.

tbh there are pvp and wvwvw changes there.. i just dont understand what the changes intend to achieve.

Unless this is litterally the balancing side.. and Not traits and Reworks, I dont understand what they're trying to push with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

its because in high caliber teams they were stacking catalysts.

thats what those are because of it, catalyst was kinda busted when in the hands of very good players, the problem is Catalyst still runs on a Design that Most people cant get close to the skill curve of... so the people actually performing with it are in such a minority.

That's one of the biggest issue with their balancing approach. They are balancing looking at the top 0.01% players. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Nimon.7840 said:

Soul Reaping

•  

= 85% critchance

?????????????????????

As I understand it, this rework is more like a tradeoff where you get these bonuses at all times not just when you are in shroud. Basically less of a bonus, but now it will be active full time.