Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

I saw the crys and screams that cata and ele is dead in the ele general, Came here to see the ele catastrophe only to see ele buffs

I will never understand how the forum poster brain is wired, Thank god balance isn't in your hand people.

Chrono is legit buffed, thief is legit buffed where are the nerfs you talking about, you people even play the game????? im literally at a loss of words lmao 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 22

Hi all, this is my first major balance patch minus eod release, I've been really enjoying learning Berserker warrior in the last few weeks, are the upcoming changes going to affect the warrior's viability in end-game PvE content, or is it too soon to know? If it does, can anyone help me understand how badly? I never experienced the way banners used to work and banners seem to be a major sell point for spots in a group. I really don't wanna have to abandon him to go back to my guardian 😞

Why are you removing what makes classes unique? Is the goal to have each class feel the same? Is the end goal a game where the class choice is just flavor? Where picking your class basically boils down to picking what color your animations will use? 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

A lot of these changes are interesting honestly.  If there is one thing I hate, it is overloading the boon capabilities.  I like the direction.  I have 1 gripe as an Elementalist player.  The Catalyst nerfs were needed and I like the changes, but... where are the Weaver changes?  I feel completely useless playing this specialization.  It isn't worth running in any game mode currently.  It is fun to play but incredibly bad when you consider other options.  The Weaver trait line needs to be reworked in a few areas.  The barrier change is extremely confusing.  That "Buff" felt like a spit to the face in all honesty.  I was looking forward to more changes to the elite specialization.  Weaver deserves it.  The theme of it is outstanding.  Currently, the skill required to play it effectively is not rewarding enough.  If I may, I would like to give a few suggestions.  The HP trait needs to be in the minor traits.  Weaver should be beefier by default.  Weaver also needs a way to stick on targets better.  Chill and immobilization ruins Weavers.  More superspeed access in the traits could also be more appreciated as the range of a sword Weaver is next to none.  This would increase the chances to secure kills similar to Herald.  One last thing.  Half the duel skills are pointless (Shearing Slash, Monsoon, Pressure Blast, Ashen Blast, etc).  These skills need to either be quicker or reworked to match the reason why we would want to duel attune to those elements in the first place.  Some weapons truly only feel like they have 2-3 duel skills.  The other ones are either slow, clunky, or get you killed due to long animations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Kilty.4906 said:

Also, RIP the dream for Heal-Alacrity Tempest. I was hoping for a change in Tempestuous Aria so it would give alacrity instead of might, but now it's either good heals or alacrity.

Either that or Invigorating Torrents giving alacrity on auras

• Like 1

For you people saying "Anet is worse than Blizzard" I need Y'all to stop with that. Anet doesn't assault their employees or make one of the worst monetization systems of any game in history. Anet is actually a relatively good company in the market, and not only that Anet does not have the hyper bloated budget of Blizzard. As good as a corporation in the MMO market can be.

I have criticisms for the patch, but the game is still fantastic even with my criticisms.

• Like 14
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So...you ignored everything that needed help, nerfed everything that didnt need it and buffed things that were already OP while also managing to dump an entire prof (warrior) in the thrashcan.

I am hereby formally announcing that I am available for the position of balance team dev.

Give the job to me Anet.

Whatever I do cannot possibly be worse than the preview you just pushed out.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TheOlian.7368 said:

Why are you removing what makes classes unique? Is the goal to have each class feel the same? Is the end goal a game where the class choice is just flavor? Where picking your class basically boils down to picking what color your animations will use? 

"Bring the player, not the class."

translated: yes.

• Like 3

On 6/23/2022 at 10:19 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Well of Recall: Renamed Well of Senility. Now removes two boons from enemy targets on the final pulse instead of providing alacrity to allies.

So now you guys are promoting Ageism in a community that is supposed to be a safe space without hate speech. Seriously, wtf Anet. This is beyond f'ed up. Why did you even need to change the name, much less to something that is so incredibly offensive? Do you realize the age range of your customer base? This is awful and needs to be brought to the community's awareness immediately, and addressed by Anet immediately.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Wielder Of Magic.3950 said:

managing to dump an entire prof (warrior) in the thrashcan.

We were there before, the PvE warriors just arrived late due to the banner rework. 

Welcome to pain. 

Just now, MakeItFit.7062 said:

So now you guys are promoting Ageism in a community that is supposed to be a safe space without hate speech. Seriously, wtf Anet. This is beyond f'ed up. Why did you even need to change the name, much less to something that is so incredibly offensive? Do you realize the age range of your customer base? This is awful and needs to be brought to the community's awareness immediately, and addressed by Anet immediately.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  (Response)

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

Heal rev still not viable. U add it more heals, but it already could overheal any other healer. What it lacked was boons, and it did not get more boons. Salvation has only healing in it, every trait is more healing. Vindicator healer was bad for need to just spam heal skill and dodge for heals and alac. Now no even alac. And herald, will need to test when it comes out, but i bet it's not full quickness coverage. DPS does not seem to be buffed enough to keep up with other specs, so i wonder what is the point for those changes.

• Like 3

Imagine wasting our time with this garbage right here. Imagine.

Virtually no buffs to Untamed, (The Wild swing and Heavy smash buffs are going to do them a lot of good lmao.) hemorrhaging unique traits that make a class special for a more mediocre one.

And buffing mechanist, an already dominating spec right now.

Thanks I guess.

Edited by Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267
  • Like 9

Also, why kill strip Rene btw? It already paid price for high strips with low damage, now i doubt anyone would play it at all. Decreasing strips by 50% is kinda big deal. Now try do it for necros.

Edited by Vladisimissius.2594
  • Like 4

Pretty sad about the lack of Untamed changes.

That spec made me most excited about EoD but launched like it was half finished. I know the dev who worked on it designed it through a PvP lens, but that's exactly what I mean. Shipping a spec that only works in one play mode is a terible idea.

It's been 4 months since EoD launched and Untamed is still not relevant or fun in any of the content I play. Some coefficient changes on a clunky weapon isn't fixing that.

So I guess I'm waiting another 3 months for the next quarterly balance patch before the spec might be usable? Or will it just get some depressingly ineffective tweaks like today?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, volca.7234 said:

I saw the crys and screams that cata and ele is dead in the ele general, Came here to see the ele catastrophe only to see ele buffs

I will never understand how the forum poster brain is wired, Thank god balance isn't in your hand people.

Chrono is legit buffed, thief is legit buffed where are the nerfs you talking about, you people even play the game????? im literally at a loss of words lmao 

I read the patch and there are plenty of nerfs, some needed but most others not just to mention a few of them:

-Necro pvp: nerfs on might aplication of elixir elite and corrosive posion cloud are the most needed here

-Willbender pvp: f2 only 1 usage instead of 2 charges also needed

-Druid capabilities of might aplication with 1 skill avatar form(big nerf not needed), spirits utility skills, Soulbeast nerfed to the floor.

-Warrior banners, bad placement of crit chance increase on traits.

And the list goes on

• Like 1

Allow me to translate the things that Anet says:

"Buff" = "nerf"

"Balance" = "nerf"

"Change" = "nerf"

"Make more interesting" = "nerf"

"Bug fix" = "nerf"

"Tooltip change" = "nerf"

"Bring into line" = "nerf"

"Reworked" = "nerf"

"Updated" = "nerf"

"Insert literally anything else they say here" = "nerf"

"Nerf" = "nerf into oblivion"

Edited by Zeph.5927
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Zeph.5927 said:

Allow me to translate the things that Anet says:

"Buff" = "nerf"

"Balance" = "nerf"

"Change" = "nerf"

"Make more interesting" = "nerf"

"Bug fix" = "nerf"

"Tooltip change" = "nerf"

"Bring into line" = "nerf"

"Reworked" = "nerf"

"Updated" = "nerf"

"Insert literally anything else they say here" = "nerf"

Unless you put it into a Guardian, Necro or Mechanist filter, then nerf = buff 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Well of Senility? Are you serious? Good to know Anet has no respect for the elderly or mentally ill. Perhaps you should have stepped out of your own well when making these "balance changes" and making blatantly disrespectful skill renames for no reason what so ever. Well of recall was a fine name, in fact, I can recall when the community had faith in your game. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1