Opinions on upcoming "Cuddly Cat" Jade Bot Skin?

You can preview it here: https://cdn.ncwest.com/cms/hkbagbfc/gw2-eod-primemtx-header-1.gif

The GW2 newsletter mentions that this skin will be released later in the month.

What are your opinions?

Personally, I am not into kitschy, cutesy, furry stuff. But most importantly, I would prefer to finally see some good looking Golem skins for the ugly Mechs rather than Jade Bot skins.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

It’s fine. Since all players have access to the Jade Bot it was inevitable that Anet would monetize it with skins.

It would be cool if Jade Mechs could be skinned and or dyed, but the same could be said for any pet profession/espec as well. However I don’t see specific professions getting pet skins and leaving others without that option.  This is why Jade Bot skins make sense, say good buy to your gems. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Before twinkle-faerie catball, I would have thought dieselpunk Charr bot, magitech Asuran bot, Aetherblade steampunk bot, and jury-rigged Engineer bot would have been go-to skins to develop in keeping with the world.

But by now ANet clearly knows the taste of those who spend money on skins. And twinkle-faerie catball it is.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Personally, I am not into kitschy, cutesy, furry stuff. But most importantly, I would prefer to finally see some good looking Golem skins for the ugly Mechs rather than Jade Bot skins.

Following in the Asian direction, jade mech skin: cat girl robot in a maid uniform or swimsuit. Next up, succubus minions for necro.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Roda.7468 said:

I don't mind cute fluffy things, but idk, that specific design clashes pretty jarringly with the rest of the game.  Looks like something ported from TERA

I completely agree. So many things get released that clash heavily with this setting. In a world of medieval fantasy, war torn and nearly obliterated landscapes, giant feline war forged races…there is a random soldier with a plush mount, an eyesore confetti infusion and fluffy cat jade bot.

To each their own, but it seems to me personally that the artistic integrity of a game world would come first…I guess they have no choice if this is the kind of stuff that sells…

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The GW2 newsletter mentions that this skin will be released later in the month.

Does it specifically states that it is a skin release for the Jade Bot?

-----

If so, even if the skin is not something that offends your sensibility just because it's a plushie, would any of you have bought it anyways especially since Jade Bots are generally not visible. If you won't buy it regardless, so why the hate? Let those who enjoy such things finance our game developments.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6