GW2 on the big screen?

GW2 on the big screen?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. If a GW2 movie were to be made, who would you want featured as the main group?

• Destiny's Edge
    • Dragon's Watch
    • A "player" group of five different classes
    • Five Asura Mechanists with rhyming names

7 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

There are plant people in Lord of the Rings, dog people in Star Wars and talking cats and strange races are in a lot of Disney/Pixar movies. etc. etc.

I think Hollywood is ready for a lot of things if it just makes money.

Or you get Cats....the movie adaptation...but with swords and magic.  

4 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Oh God no.  Anyone but Netflix....or Amazon.  I shudder to think what either would do to a Guild Wars based movie or even a show.  Especially with what they'd do with that checklist you mention.  Were she to show up, Eir would likely be....made more diverse....since she's a red-head.

But you know it could actually work out with Netflix since Arenanet has been on this direction and if they have enough creative input it might not feel like pandering , preaching or in Netflix sledging you with "the message" so hard you recoil of cringe so they can get their corpo brownie points.
Arenanet has been trying to do it tastefully as possible but they have had some cringe slip ups from time to time, but if they try hard enough they might pull off good cartoon series, the GW2 story kinda is somewhat already with the whole villain of the season.
PS: I too find it strange that Hollywood cuts gingers off media these days, considering they are fastest disappearing hair colour variation.

• Like 1

Too much story to get through.  A TV show would be better.  But a good one that actually follows the story.

As for the MC, basic warrior would be the least offensive choice. But, I would take it a step further and adapt the story for 2 main characters.  Male and Female (warrior and guardian?).  Make them family, or best friends, or whatever.  Do not have them fight each other.  They should cover different paths of the story to converge in Arah together.

And of course, for cheapness, follow the human story.  No need to put actors in Char makeup, at least not until we know the show is successful.

Edited by SinisterSlay.6973
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

But you know it could actually work out with Netflix since Arenanet has been on this direction and if they have enough creative input it might not feel like pandering , preaching or in Netflix sledging you with "the message" so hard you recoil of cringe so they can get their corpo brownie points.
Arenanet has been trying to do it tastefully as possible but they have had some cringe slip ups from time to time, but if they try hard enough they might pull off good cartoon series, the GW2 story kinda is somewhat already with the whole villain of the season.
PS: I too find it strange that Hollywood cuts gingers off media these days, considering they are fastest disappearing hair colour variation.

That's the thing, my opinion of Arenanet's current quality of writing isn't as high as your's seems to be, nor do I trust Anet to be able to maintain that much creative control over a Netflix or similar work in either.  I'm afraid that regardless of how I turn this in my head we'd likely not get anything good out of it. 

Side note: Drinker fan? If so, Skol.  🍻

If not, Skol anyways. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If it ever happened it should be destiny's edge.. maybe with some other classes playing support.. Anything else would be a bad idea.

1 hour ago, Nazarick.9653 said:

No. No movie at all.  It ruined WoW back in 2014 (when they changed their planned expansion for a completely nonsensical one so they could promote the movie), and I'd hate to see the same thing happen here.

I actually enjoyed the Warcraft movie a lot.. But then i never played WoW. I did play Warcraft though which is what the movie was based on.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 1

On 7/23/2022 at 4:34 PM, Freya.9075 said:

Ah. The adventures of Hikkup, Stikkup, Kikkup, Slippup and Giveup. Yes I approve. Would be fun

I like these.

I was thinking of:

Haltz - Party leader, tanking and crowd control. Master of the stun-lock. Likes to interrupt the evil boss mid-monologue.

Faultz - Party punching bag, the one that gets blamed for everything, usually with good reason.

Boltz - always coming up with an over-engineered (and overly greasy) gadget to get the party out of (or worse into) a sticky situation. Also the first to turn and run in the opposite direction as soon as combat looks like it isn't going their way.

Voltz - is kitted out with every electric / lightning / storm flavoured piece of gear available. Always says "Well that was a shocking end!" when he gets a kill. The rest of the party are sooo over it.

Vaultz - party treasurer and mule, has maxed out bag/carrying capacity. If there is a need for an obscure item, it's probably in one of his many bags, somewhere. Insists that his name is pronounced differently to Voltz, but every time he tries to explain the difference, no one can hear it.

Edited by Vallune.8150
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, MrGarlic.1834 said:

I think I'd rather see a TV series adaptation of the daily lives of the game developers in the style of 'The Office' or 'Parks and Recreation.'

It's not Anet but there was a TV show about an MMO studio, it's called Mythic Quest.

I couldn't get into it, partially because some of the storylines were obviously flawed like being unable to ban players because they never set up any kind of User Agreement for the game, and partially because it's just not my sort of show, but several of my friends really like it.

• Like 1