Mythical creatures you want in GW2

SoulGuardian.6203

Mythical Creatures  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice of creatures

Kraken, sea serpents, and imps already exist. Vampires too, but in a more lore-friendly way than you're thinking.

But otherwise, none of those. It's just not that kind of setting.

Bring back the old monsters that are conspicuously missing from their native habitats.

I particularly want to see Aloe and Gargoyles.

It was nice that they didn't forget about wallows like they did other species, I will say.

Edited by squeegee.4320
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, squeegee.4320 said:

Kraken, sea serpents, and imps already exist. Vampires too, but in a more lore-friendly way than you're thinking.

Bring back the old monsters that are conspicuously missing from their native habitats.

It was nice that they didn't forget about wallows like they did other species, I will say.

Aloe would have been a nice healing pet for rangers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I want a giant Blob or Slim square or round translucent multi colors,  and when you hit him, they are baby blob spawning, and makes a sound like *Sploosh* when they dying! 😄

I don't know if this already exists in the game but I would love to see this.

Edited by Erems.3496

2 hours ago, Erems.3496 said:

I want a giant Blob or Slim square or round translucent multi colors,  and when you hit him, they are baby blob spawning, and makes a sound like *Sploosh* when they dying! 😄

Subject 6 in the Thaumanova fractal and the slime boss in the Queen's Gauntlet during Festival of the Four Winds (soon) would be mobs that match that behaviour. Although I'm not sure about the SFX.

• Like 1

One of the things I like about Guild Wars is that it's not your typical fantasy setting with elves and orcs and all that lot. There's nothing wrong with that and many of my favourite games and stories fall into what I'd consider traditional western fantasy settings, but it makes the world more interesting to me when a game is doing something different.

So when they introduce something new I'd prefer it to be either an original creation or something less commonly seen than those on the list, something that gives the artists and writers more freedom to define it as they want, and where players won't know (or think they know) all about it as soon as they see it or what it's called.

2 hours ago, Lightseeker.7839 said:

A real horse!

We never see one in Tyria, that means, it is mythical to Tyria, right?

That was my first thought too. I think horses are extinct (at least in central Tyria, Elona and Cantha) rather than mythical, but I'd love to find out more about them, including where they are if they still exist somewhere on the planet.

2 hours ago, Erems.3496 said:

They do exist and are fairly common. They're called oozes.

One easy to reach place where you can see several it PR&T Esoterics in Metrica Province, pretty much straight west from the entrance from Rata Sum.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, squeegee.4320 said:

Kraken,

I haven't seen any so far.

The monster called the kraken isn't a kraken.

Just a giant jellyfish or manowar.

sea serpents,

Haven't seen any proper sea serpents either.

Is that in fractals?

Refresh my memory.

and imps already exist. Vampires too,

I don't mean that kind of vanpire bat.

It's clearly meant to be human vampires.

but in a more lore-friendly way than you're thinking.

Why not?

So far almost every mythical creature was put in gw2.

So I don't know what you mean with that kind of setting.

That, I agree. 100%

I kinda miss some of the monsters from GW1... in their natural habitat. As you said.

It made the game so much more interesting, instead of just bad-guy variants of the 5 races... or dragon minions.

Yeah.

Though some of them are better off left in gw1, such as the overpowered fire imp and ice imps.

I hate those little buggers.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 3

Pretty sure some of these already exist, but it's just custom modified versions.

Asura could be considered the goblins of the game, but with more intelligence and an unique format.

Sylvari can be considered the elves of GW2 as well, given how they're caring for nature and often clueless about life unless they lived a long time.

Charr could be considered a mix of orc and cat.

Humans being obvious.

And Norn is a sort of mix of troll and human or something.

It's just that Anet probably doesn't want to bring stereotypical creatures, so if they're going to make it, they have to change it to feel original.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, squeegee.4320 said:

Didn't you hear?  All the gargoyles got killed off.  kitten Ascalonians making fetishes out of their skulls ...

13 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

That was my first thought too. I think horses are extinct (at least in central Tyria, Elona and Cantha) rather than mythical, but I'd love to find out more about them, including where they are if they still exist somewhere on the planet.

They are not extinct or Mythical. They just aren't ingame. Originally done to prevent screaming of "There is a horse, why can't we have mount" IIRC, and it's just turned into a fun joke back and forth.

Seraph soldiers openly refer to centaurs by comparing them to different breeds of horse size-wise. Hell, in Edge of Destiny they spot a field of horses while waiting for a portal to swap to someplace they know.

I think back in s2 there is an npc who talks about hosting a horse-themed party, but somebody warns him against it because of possible centaur panic.

6 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Almost every one?  Hardly.

Well. Ok. There are many left out, but the list is long.

At least we have gryphons and Dragons, which are in my personal top favourite list.

Shame that the fire phoenix only comes in a form of skill.

Rangers do have a pet phoenix.

Leviathan was added recently.

Harpies been there since gw1.

Hydras look a lot better now than the gw1 do.

Obviously I'm not going to list all of them.

I'd like to see Manticores, as someone else mentioned.

Also proper krakens, like the one in clash of the titans.

Not the giant squid type.

5 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I would like to see an intelligent species of insectoids.

We have a wide variety of intelligent species... Hylek, Skritt, Grawl, Jotun, Ettin, Dredge, Krait, Harpy...
But everything that goes in the direction of Arthropoda is just an animal.

That's a neat idea actually.