Metapocalypse has happened

Khalisto.5780

not 1 but 2 eles just won big tournament

and a warrior

yes you read right a warrior

GUARDIANS AND NECROS RIOT

Tuesday patch preview

stoneheart rework you cant be crit while in earth takes double the dmg while in another attunement

earth shied 5 300 secs cd

only tempest and core ele can equip healing power amulets

all warrior shouts lose ammo and heal is reduced in 20%

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Bunk vindi op because could sacrifice almost all damage to survive 2v1. Cata and bladesworn are balanced because they survive 2v1 while doing very high damage.

I think sustain in general is way overtuned right now.

People complain about lack of damage in the game, but that's simply not true. There are plenty of skills that can deal 7-10k easily (Death's Judgement, Dragon Slash (high charges), and True Shot, just to name a few....) and many more that do 3-5k consistently. When your average character has something like 15-20k HP, that's plenty of damage.

The problem is that numerous professions/specs can heal through that damage without missing a beat, and that mechanics like protection reduce dmg by 33% right off the bat.

Additionally, the fact that most heals in the game are AoE (and affect the caster too) means that most support builds are themselves bunkers. Imagine how much differently the game would play out if supports had to choose between healing themselves or healing their teammates, but couldn't do both at the same time. 

Nerfing healing support across the board (maybe 15-20%) would be a good first step, as would reducing the dmg reduction on protection from -33% to -20%.

Edit: don't nerf vindi any more tho... Those boys have been nerfed enough 😥

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Yes we are all idiots except you

Well this is @ the thread in general, but:

The OP literally suggested that only certain subclasses could equip certain amulets, and then other posters are writing essays about how OP Elementalist and Warrior are after we just came off a meta dominated by Harbinger, Machinist and Vindicator. There's no way this is serious, and if it is, its just unfortunate.

Someone even claiming Ele's nerf free when a very recent patch was nerfs to Earth Shield etc.

Just because some other class besides your own gets a moment in the limelight doesn't mean is time to drop a heavy nerf hammer and completely obliterate them from PvP. That's how your class got the way it is.

Think about it.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Just because some other class besides your own gets a moment in the limelight doesn't mean is time to drop a heavy nerf hammer and completely obliterate them from PvP. That's how your class got the way it is.

Think abo

They're saying that because they want all EOD specs under control and more in-line with the balance of other specializations.

The only real outstanding EOD problem we have left is Specter.

Then some may argue that Bladesworn, Catalyst, Untamed are slightly overperforming, but this is all debatable.

1 hour ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Well this is @ the thread in general, but:

The OP literally suggested that only certain subclasses could equip certain amulets, and then other posters are writing essays about how OP Elementalist and Warrior are after we just came off a meta dominated by Harbinger, Machinist and Vindicator. There's no way this is serious, and if it is, its just unfortunate.

Someone even claiming Ele's nerf free when a very recent patch was nerfs to Earth Shield etc.

Think about it.

I main elementalist and think earth shield is carrying it. They shouldnt nerf earth shield and call it a day though. Also pretty sure people understand this is a /s thread. If not, well I stand corrected.

I think what people are mostly concerned with is how this meta came to be, which is prob a result of bunker vindi being removed and willbender getting damage nerfs. Now we are seeing side node builds with team utility and healing. 

• Like 1

Since the MOTA 2 had some aditional limitations/restrictions about class stacking and bunker stats I won't read too much about the current meta of team compsition for ranked/MATs.

The fact that Teapot limited those to prevent slower killing pace and dominance for a very few specs tells us a lot. Also how some players were "forced" to play not main characters due that reasons.

13 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

sad that when ele is finally good its hammer cata and support tempest

Lol, I still don't get Hammer Cata. Such an awkward weapon. 

Honestly, whatever a hammer catalyst tries to do, a D/D cata or Scepter cata should do better. 

On 8/1/2022 at 6:56 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

not 1 but 2 eles just won big tournament

and a warrior

yes you read right a warrior

GUARDIANS AND NECROS RIOT

Tuesday patch preview

stoneheart rework you cant be crit while in earth takes double the dmg while in another attunement

earth shied 5 300 secs cd

only tempest and core ele can equip healing power amulets

all warrior shouts lose ammo and heal is reduced in 20%

Was great seeing the warrior and ele but 2 eles is overkill. IMHO, it made the roster look "cheap" and "cheesy". 

That cata guy is good, I don't watch his stream but he clearly knows what he's doing. Seems talented, why wasn't he in other tourneys? Does he play ele exclusively? Based on his movements when his gameplay was covered, I'd say he's probably the best ele in the world. The NA cata. 

Your thoughts?

3 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Was great seeing the warrior and ele but 2 eles is overkill. IMHO, it made the roster look "cheap" and "cheesy". 

That cata guy is good, I don't watch his stream but he clearly knows what he's doing. Seems talented, why wasn't he in other tourneys? Does he play ele exclusively? Based on his movements when his gameplay was covered, I'd say he's probably the best ele in the world. The NA cata. 

Your thoughts?

yeah that cata guy is a 1 trick

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

Anything but... You're a beast. I'm in EU and haven't come across a cata as good as you. Was hoping they did more coverage of you. I love ele probably not as much as  you but ppl already complaining how strong the class is. I don't want it to be seen to be on par with necros (with the stacking)

Grats anyways but you've prolly gotten than a thousand times. No BS, you're something else. Thus I was wondering why you don't appear as often in tourneys or finals. W/e. game needs more ppl. 

Edited by greedywholesome.9081

19 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

If my writing is confusing, I was complimenting you. From your movements and timing, it's safe for me to assume that you practice a lot. Was also observing how you anticipated the movements of your opponents so that shows you may probably play other classes but have never seen you play outside of ele. 

Not a fanboi, just appreciating skill when I see it....like art or music.