MAGUMA

Stajan.4581

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

And why don't you do raids for the pve legendaries if pve is all you want to do?

PvE only gives you one legendary ring which is unique; you have to do Conflux if you want two. The PvE ring is also quite hard I think.

But rings are so easy to get in pve that going for legendary ones is more of a vanity item. It's not like many stats are useful in pve anyways (or WvW either)

Of course, it's general tradition to have stuff handed to you in this game, so it does feel off at times.

I personally think we should have an extra pve ring and wvw earring (All game modes should have complete sets). But regardless of setup, someone's going to cry about it.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

PvE only gives you one legendary ring which is unique; you have to do Conflux if you want two. The PvE ring is also quite hard I think.

But rings are so easy to get in pve that going for legendary ones is more of a vanity item. It's not like many stats are useful in pve anyways (or WvW either)

Of course, it's general tradition to have stuff handed to you in this game, so it does feel off at times.

I personally think we should have an extra pve ring and wvw earring (All game modes should have complete sets). But regardless of setup, someone's going to cry about it.

If they do this, I want it to be twice as hard, for casuals.  So all of the skin collectors can go jump in the lake at bay.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

...I get swarmed all the time because i solo run and do not run with a zerg because I am I do not need a zerg I know how to play the game. I just need other players to stop thinking WvW is paying their bills

Sorry, but I just don't understand your statement here. If you don't need a zerg and know the game well enough to run solo in WvW, then what is the problem? As has been pointed out in this thread several times, if Maguuma is spawn camping on a particular map, folks who know the game know ways of dealing with that. Using a different exit from the spawn point or switching to a different map isn't rocket science. It's a simple move available to anyone who knows how to play the game.

Heck, I was in a recent match up against Maguuma and the problem wasn't them spawn camping. It was that they had medium and large zergs running on several different maps at the same time. The solution to that problem wasn't rocket science either. Sometimes different groups on our server teamed up to take on and defeat Mag zergs. Other times, when friendly groups weren't around, my friends and I switched to a map where Mag didn't have zergs running. That simple move kept us from getting run over by Maguuma zergs every time we turned around. For a solo roamer who knows how to play the game, that kind of map switching should be an obvious and often used tactic.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

WvW is not paying your bills and camping outside of spawn is harassment.   Hey ANET, you said that other players can not effect your drop rates well, you are 100% wrong. If a server is camping out side the areas that you leave your spawn points that is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000% effecting players spawn rate. I am there for conflux and conflux only and these players that think this is going to pay their bills are preventing myself and others from doing anything at all. You need to fix this some how some way with only 83 tickets left I do not want to be in the worst format of game play any longer than I have to. Please do something about this, I know I am not the only one that feels this way but I am the only one who is brave enough to speak up. 

I thought amor might just be a pve tryhard but they really must be a mag alt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Trust me, ANET won't be doing anything about it. Most of the DEVs play on either MAG or BG. They rarely venture into other servers. HOD had one once, maybe 5 years ago. Haven't seen one since. Whenever we do, they're on the link server. And they rarely make an appearance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

↖️⬆️↗️

↖️⚠️↗️

↖️🛂↗️

↖️↗️

✈️☣️🚅

📢 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️📣💁‍♀️💁‍♂️👨‍🌾👩‍🌾🙆‍♀️🙆‍♂️

🗺️

🌍🌎🌏🌐

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️💃🕺🛫🎼

🛬🌍

⚜️👩‍🌾👨‍🌾👨‍⚕️👩‍⚕️👷‍♂️👷‍♀️💂‍♂️💂‍♀️

↖️⬆️↗️

🏰⚔️💰⛏️🪓

lol, well done and exactly the strategy that works against Mag if people are having problems or can't rally enough. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

WvW is not paying your bills and camping outside of spawn is harassment.   Hey ANET, you said that other players can not effect your drop rates well, you are 100% wrong. If a server is camping out side the areas that you leave your spawn points that is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000% effecting players spawn rate. I am there for conflux and conflux only and these players that think this is going to pay their bills are preventing myself and others from doing anything at all. You need to fix this some how some way with only 83 tickets left I do not want to be in the worst format of game play any longer than I have to. Please do something about this, I know I am not the only one that feels this way but I am the only one who is brave enough to speak up. 

15 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

I am that PVE player trying to get 1 gifts of battle and 2 conflux. I get swarmed all the time because i solo run and do not run with a zerg because I am I do not need a zerg I know how to play the game. I just need other players to stop thinking WvW is paying their bills

Won't pile on here, but there is a couple of points. You say you solo roam since you know how the game works and don't need a zerg. But that also means you are going to be flagging yourself as a roamer so you are going to be going against people with builds that are looking to both hunt others and be geared out to plan to be attacked by groups. The food chain:

* Roamer hunts: roamers, scouts, small groups, tail feathers of zergs

* Havocs hunts: roamers, scouts, small groups, spread parts of zergs

* Zergs hunt: small groups, havocs, zergs (all will just run over roamers if they are in the way)

The answer to getting blocked in (if you can't use another exit or switch maps) is not to try and break out alone but its to build larger numbers. So if your side is getting spawn camped then you should be grouping up on tag. If you are getting camped by roamers you should be bringing groups to bear. I say this as a roamer/havoc player that also will zerg surf but prefers the other playstyles. The other thing to consider is server hoping. If you are paired against Mag/BG then you are also adding to your worlds full rating while not really interested in WvW, you might have easier time jumping to a server outside of T1. 

Note I am not saying there shouldn't be other options for people, and that there shouldn't be new mechanics for breakout events, but WvW is for all sizes of conflict, but you might be better off zerg surfing versus trying to roam if all you are looking for is materials for the gear since most roamers aren't doing it for that but are hunting for what they can take themselves or kill on their own. Roaming will earn you less in all things versus running with more people and will be more difficult overall. Good hunting!

3 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

Trust me, ANET won't be doing anything about it. Most of the DEVs play on either MAG or BG. They rarely venture into other servers. HOD had one once, maybe 5 years ago. Haven't seen one since. Whenever we do, they're on the link server. And they rarely make an appearance.

Im On BG. I Have only seen a DEV once. Like 2 years ago. And i play Daily. I see Grouch on MAG often. Kinda weird to me that a Dev is on the most toxic server of all.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Im On BG. I Have only seen a DEV once. Like 2 years ago. And i play Daily. I see Grouch on MAG often. Kinda weird to me that a Dev is on the most toxic server of all.

WvW is designed as intended.

Nothing to see here...move along.

Borrowing a line from the Matrix & another forum post...

Thanks for the drink.

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546

2 hours ago, Morden Kain.3489 said:

Was probably laid off with all the other Devs on the other servers.  Probably required to create an account on Mag now, and play on that server, or you get bounced.

And when Alliances are implemented we'll see all the devs on former MAG teams.  Seems pretty bad that the DEVs frequent one of the most despised servers. The optics aren't good.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/7/2022 at 2:05 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

↖️⬆️↗️

↖️⚠️↗️

↖️🛂↗️

↖️↗️

✈️☣️🚅

🗺️

🌍🌎🌏🌐

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️💃🕺🛫🎼

🛬🌍

↖️⬆️↗️

🏰⚔️💰⛏️🪓

My favorite thing about your post is that I can copy and paste it to Discord without modification.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

It's because the white charr ele that runs around in a speedo and goggles is the CEO of NCsoft.

Most of the rest of the players on Mag are bots and Grouch has to multibox them so boss isn't lonely.

• Haha 9

On 8/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, Strider Pj.2193 said:

If they do this, I want it to be twice as hard, for casuals.  So all of the skin collectors can go jump in the lake at bay.

1.) Don't need to. Even if it required 5 min of WvW there would still be crying.

2.) I have plans to make Bay fishable. >.>

Also from reading all these Mag posts, it would seem they either have superpowers and can be at 12 different entrances at the same time. So that leads me to 3 possibilities.

1.) People from Mag are some kind of supernatural cthulu, like entity

2.) Someone is actually just a cult member making this stuff up.

3.) Players are just really, really bad, and cannot leave EB.

I feel one of these conclusions is easier to make.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/7/2022 at 4:00 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

And most likely you have 20 allies on the map of which 5 are picking their belly buttons in spawn, 5 are are only there for fights but not THAT fight, another 5 have already tried fighting those 10 but no one came to help so they refuse to fight them and have have kittened off to the other side of the map and the remaining 5 are waiting for the veteran.

This sums up WvW in a nutshell. Don't forget the guy who only leaves spawn to take the closest sentry or camp every time it flips just to keep his reward track progress going. 🙂

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2

What gets me is recently BG was complaining about going up vs mag for the same everyone else does (toxic/bm  yadda yadda) and I can attest to this, however this linking ive seen way more cases where BG and Mag are teaming up and not attacking each other (actually helping each other a LOT of the time...esp during the day) which makes their complaints invalid xD

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 8/7/2022 at 5:05 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

↖️⬆️↗️

↖️⚠️↗️

↖️🛂↗️

↖️↗️

✈️☣️🚅

🗺️

🌍🌎🌏🌐

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️💃🕺🛫🎼

🛬🌍

↖️⬆️↗️

🏰⚔️💰⛏️🪓

I know it's not what you were going for, but I immediately starting singing "YMCA" when I saw this. 🤣

• Like 1