10th Birthday Present...

1 minute ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

Thet's the celebration and it's given to everybody, OP was specifically talking about the gift for 10 years old accounts.

Right, that's why I was careful to note that it's not the 10th birthday present.

But it does show an interest on the part of ArenaNet to make this particular anniversary a step up, so to speak. Perhaps that will also translate into the 10 year gift?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

But it does show an interest on the part of ArenaNet to make this particular anniversary a step up, so to speak. Perhaps that will also translate into the 10 year gift?

The 9th anniversary was a food gizmo, it's hard to imagine them giving out anything that is objectively a "step up" from that.

• Confused 1

Whatever it will be, we will have complains in the forum 😀

14 hours ago, pallas.8150 said:

I've always liked the gifts, personally. Even the Birthday Cake is a fantastic, quick utility item when needed.

I agree.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

The 9th anniversary was a food gizmo, it's hard to imagine them giving out anything that is objectively a "step up" from that.

I'd think it would be the other way around. Not very hard to do something more interesting than that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I'd think it would be the other way around. Not very hard to do something more interesting than that.

It's pretty close to top-level celestial food, and you can stick it in a shared inventory slot and always have it. Makes for a pretty significant convenience item.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

It's pretty close to top-level celestial food, and you can stick it in a shared inventory slot and always have it. Makes for a pretty significant convenience item.

That's cool that it is meaninful to some! I hadn't realized.

• Confused 1

Introducing the new and improved birthday npc blaster! Want to surprise your enemies as you stand guard in World versus World? Want to annoy tyrians everywhere at the banks? Then behold this 10 year anniversary gift for all of our loyal veterans that have dealt with us for a decade! A new and improved design on the birthday blaster that has a lot more fun modifications! Now instead of cakes you launch npcs of each race with screaming audios from characters falling. Each npc is randomized when shot and there is no telling if a asura shall be launched or a charr or even all of them at one time for a truly screamtacicular experience for the ages! Welcome our new oncoming tyrians with our steam release by putting their audio Devices on overdrive and make them chip in for those quality speakers so they feel the ambience of your anniversary npc.launcher, now with selectable dye slots and non trackable npc projectiles. So when you welcome our new friends to be and they see a charr go flying in the sky point to the smallest asura you can find and tell them the spirits of the wild is strong with this one! 

Edited by prototypedragon.1406
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/16/2022 at 3:04 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

It's not a 10th character birthday present, but "maybe even a few freebies to collect (spoiler: mount skin)" is definitely a step up in anniversary giveaway.

Not if they make it available for only 1 day like they just did with that Black Lion key that I missed because it was the ONE day I could not log into my account. They should make it available for a week, not 1 day. They rarely give good items away, and I'm annoyed the key had such a limited time.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

@kharmin.7683 I may have missed my calling perhaps. I am a core warrior at heart that lived for the world versus world hammer and mace skills over the 10 years this game has been around. For the fun that was taken away a warrior can perhaps still dream of better days to come. And once more feel their blunt weapons true power returned to them and not the rubber squeaker toys anet replaced them with as we warriors rested from the glory of battle excited for the next day to find that out that our trusted weapons had betrayed us or so we had thought but the evil wizards took our toys away and mock us because they think we warriors are dumb. Yet we were the first ones into battle and often the last to stay standing all so long ago, we were a feared class. Now they give a creaky old cane that they make us lean upon as we lift it it fires off projectiles at the slightest movement. When all we want is our old faithful back which should not be much to ask. 

Edited by prototypedragon.1406

On 8/16/2022 at 7:40 PM, Healix.5819 said:

Nothing special. You're going to have to work for your present this year. Alternatively, a weapon skin.

That is sorta a problem with this year's anniversary. I'm not really opposed to giving us something to do, but if the achievements to unlock the armor are as time consuming as the one to unlock the legendary amulet was, that's a lot of work for what is ultimately just a cosmetic armor set. 

With the other return to achievements the reward was so useful to everyone that the effort required made sense, but an armor set really has minimal use other than visuals, and I highly doubt it's going to be legendary armor they give out, which would just invalidate the other three methods of obtaining it. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 11:01 PM, prototypedragon.1406 said:

A victory pebble to go with our victory rock we got perhaps? Not going to lie the doubts on something decent for a 10th anniversary unless it is gem related or steam related doesn't seem to quite be on anet's radar at the moment.😂  Even the cornerstone game mode is feeling like it's on the back burner once again after they got the next beta testing started lol.

A victory pebble thats a +5 infusion of which ever stat you want and you can change it like a legendary. Small but useful.

Lots of people have 3D printers now or have access to one. I think if you have had a toon for 10 years you must be happy with it

so I think anet should furnish the player with a file which has a 3D encoded copy of your 10 year old toon so that you can print a 3D hard copy on a printer and paint the model to match your toon

• Confused 2