GW2 steam players currently online numbers !

At the moment there are 3k people currently playing gw2 on steam.

Make no mistake, i see some people say its low numbers for mmorpg on steam but i have reason below :

1. It is Tuesday people are working and will be alot more come on weekend. i expect around 20k people online gw2 on weekends.

2.New steam players are on steam watching twitch stream from streamer to see guides and what to do as new player.

3. Us veteran players dont use steam launcher. I will say around 80k people currently online right now using not steam launcher but gw2 launcher.

That is all i want to say. let us all welcome all new players to world of tyria !

I want to say also let us all go and give gw2 on steam positive feedback so more players will try the game. Let us move the pendulum to positive side because  i see people reviewing give gw2 negative feedback say like "pay to win game" and then give 1 star feedback without even trying the game. For that we need to combat this negative energy from other jealous mmo players, they are tribalist we are not we want our game to succeed and succesful !

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 15

Way to make a broad assumption, I put one of those negative reviews simply because there's no reason to even make a Steam Guild Wars 2 account.

We know that the offered DLC package to purchase the expansions and living world together is not necessary as we can buy access to living world through gold to gem exchange. There's no package to just buy the expansions themselves, no option to purchase the expansion with deluxe and ultimate goodies, currently no way to link a Steam GW2 account with a GW1 account (not even if you own GW1 on Steam!), offering the game on Steam did not lead to regional pricing like some hoped, apparently buying DLCs is slower for Steam accounts based on Steam discussions, part of the revenue generated ends up going to Steam.

This is not just some tribalist diatribe but real issues that are important for the decision making process.

If a Sylvari eats a salad, is it cannibalism?

Edited by DaFishBob.6518
All right you want to be confused here:
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 43
  • Sad 5

15 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yeah great, sabotage your own game.  That makes a ton of sense.  

Many people were "excited" for the Steam release only because they want to sabotage the game and they didn't have a way to do it until now. Sad thing, really.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 8

10 minutes ago, Rendalmj.3152 said:

this thread is for positiveness for us but i do not know why i getting confused reactions on this post. did i say something wrong ? or people no like gw2 in steam?? 

think people are expecting a huge explosion of new players like other new MMOs when they launch

it's still working hour at OCE, and not school holidays, so expect low pop from OCE at this time

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rendalmj.3152 said:

this thread is for positiveness for us but i do not know why i getting confused reactions on this post. did i say something wrong ? or people no like gw2 in steam?? 

Mixed reactions. Some people are happy for the Steam release, other people aren't and other people just wanted Steam in order to complain or sabotage the game. Some Steam players aren't too happy about the game either, but they don't give it a try and they just flame the game after just a few minutes of logging in and they complain about the game's price because they don't bother to read all the provided info.

But your positivity is appreciated, at least by me 🙂 Here's hoping that the game does well on Steam and that the sabotage plan won't work.

• Like 11
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yeah great, sabotage your own game.  That makes a ton of sense.  

First of all it's not MY game nor is it YOUR game, it's ANET's game and I was making an informative post, there's no reason to make a Steam account and I pointed out that the main site is available for a better experience. I'm not going to make excuses for decisions ANET made on their own though and calling pointing these decisions out sabotage is pretty kitten snide of you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 21
  • Sad 1

Imho this Game is 10 years old and it for Like 8 years free to Play. So If you don't have steped into the Game by now i don't think you will anyways. Most of that Players will be gone in 1 or 2 weeks. Also i think the time that it took to role out to steam could be used for something better. So do i like the Steam thing? No not really but i don't care either. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

The steam charts says the all time peak was 582.

The game is getting negative reviews for many reasons. Alot to do with pvp because they have been kitten on for years now and been made fun of by the pve playerbase.

Some say its pay2win because the end game is literally just fashion. The majority of the skins are on the gem store. Add to that the inconvenience to the point you have to buy the convenience items in the gem store. Hence all the pay2win.

Others are the disgruntled pve players whose class has been all but deleted from the game. Elementalists and warriors come to mind.

You cant ignore these people and expect nothing to happen. You think that sabotaging a game you love does not make any sense but to these people the rest of the community already sabotaged the game they once loved. They would rather see it fail. If there were some glimmer of hope that they would be listened too then im sure they would help make the game look good. But if they lose, you lose.

You can say whatever you want about what kind of person that makes them. Thats just the reality of it.

• Like 7
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Matthius.9104 said:

The steam charts says the all time peak was 582.

The game is getting negative reviews for many reasons. Alot to do with pvp because they have been kitten on for years now and been made fun of by the pve playerbase.

Some say its pay2win because the end game is literally just fashion. The majority of the skins are on the gem store. Add to that the inconvenience to the point you have to buy the convenience items in the gem store. Hence all the pay2win.

Others are the disgruntled pve players whose class has been all but deleted from the game. Elementalists and warriors come to mind.

You cant ignore these people and expect nothing to happen. You think that sabotaging a game you love does not make any sense but to these people the rest of the community already sabotaged the game they once loved. They would rather see it fail. If there were some glimmer of hope that they would be listened too then im sure they would help make the game look good. But if they lose, you lose.

You can say whatever you want about what kind of person that makes them. Thats just the reality of it.

What chart did you look at? You’re oozing negativity for no reason. Ingame players on steam now at this moment is 2389. All time peak is 3423

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Rendalmj.3152 said:

It is Tuesday people are working and will be alot more come on weekend. i expect around 20k people online gw2 on weekends

don't OD on that copium lol

Expect between 5-10k on weekends at most, everything else would be insane 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, sahawitZERO.1493 said:

Imagine if Anet let us link our account to steam

Gw2 will have player online 80k on steam everyday

if i were a new player and i see 80k player online

ill try gw2 for sure  

You fail to realize that if we link to steam they take a 30% unavoidable pay cut from Steam services.

• Like 10

GW2 on Steam was never going to have high player numbers simply because the game was 10 years old before being released there. I doubt there's many people interested in a new MMO who aren't already aware of GW2 and relatively few who were interested but wouldn't try it just because it wasn't on Steam. Even some people who find it on Steam may well choose to buy the stand-alone version so they don't have to run it through Steam.

I think it's good that Anet are opening it up to that new market (especially since it means they think they can afford the 30% loss of revenue, including all future purchases, from those players which I don't think they'd do if the game wasn't in a good position) but I don't think Steam players are ever going to be more than a tiny minority of overall GW2 players.

Elder Scrolls Online has the same 'problem' and that was added to Steam just a few months after it's initial release and let existing players link their game to Steam. A lot of people chose not to do that (especially since it meant 2 sets of servers to connect with and twice as many possible connection problems) so Steam has never been an accurate representation of active players.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Most MMOs explode on Steam even if they're bad and old just because of good marketing, in GW2s case...nobody knew it even came out. If the developer doesn't put any effort into promoting their game, why should people play it? Word of mouth gets you only that far and...it's slow. Also the fact that we can't link our existing accounts is detrimental...any new player that sees 3k people online will think that it's a dead game, I know I would.

Eventually it might reach 10k...but as of now 3k is a big flop. It pains me to see that that junk game Lost Ark has 190k more players lol

Edited by Liisjak.4509
  • Like 10
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

There is SO many fake positive reviews for GW2 already on Steam its crazy. Oh man, its been a great watch, and I see of those numbers most are people already playing gw2 on live accounts. So we've gained basically 0 new players from Steam, because you know why? 

Fake positive reviews and people going to starting area's and overcrowding new players. When we played GW2 at launch, we didn't have suped up effects covering our faces out the gate. The only way a steam launch honestly could have worked, is if it launched as Vanilla GW2, on its own server with every new account being legit not "0.1 hours player" but the comment is "I've played gw2 for 10 years therefore its the best mmo on the market" 

GW2 had no advertising, it wasn't even on the front page, it was trending due to fake players who already own the game. And Steam Charts for gw2 will never, ever ever be reliable. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

When I look at Steam's front page GW2 is at the top of the New & Trending section. It's not in the banner at the top, so you do have to scroll down but there's only 10 spots there and 2 are taken up for Steam's own advertising. (Also I'm guessing that's a paid advert so while it might help boost popularity it doesn't show anything about how popular the game already is.)

For a 10 year old game that's been sold through Steam for less than 24 hours it seems to be doing ok.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Pretty sure it has to do with the fact that naysayers are everywhere on the forums about the price and Anet is not promoting the release for veterans even though you can play the game with an existing account, only takes one tweak in the start up parameters.

People are paying for 10 years of content that's still maintained and relevant enough but that's somehow filled with complains for what is in principle a reasonable price.

Totality Living World is 50$ in gems and so buying it directly through Steam is like buying it in game for any players whatever the platform they use.

Prices say 38.99$CAD for both HoT and PoF which works while EoD by itself is 38.99$CAD also which is I think the standard price as well, yet we have constant complains because that's the right price in USD when converting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Big mistake that they did not allowed existing accounts link to steam. Just like i was able to for example with path of exile account.

For me personally gw2 is only game that is outside steam. I have literally one icon for gw2 and second icon is steam for every other game on pc. Even though i dont really care if i launch game via steam or not. That would pump their numbers and i would gladly link it together. Main benefit that i see in steam is ability to easily launch windows games in linux but thats maybe 1% or less playerbase. So nobody cares and you can always use lutris or take proton from github and set it in bottles manually.

Even people that dont have exactly "10y old veteran account". Probably made their account at some point in past spend some time and money on it and now they are stuck outside steam.

Only link option that we have is to twitch. What a garbage and waste of time watching that. What an age we live in where people rather watching someone playing and gibbering nonsense instead of playing them self.

... Anyway i remember when they delayed steam release so they can do it properly. Yet disability to link existing accounts to steam is big oversight im my eyes. And this is result...

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, Luna.6203 said:

Only link option that we have is to twitch. What a garbage and waste of time watching that. What an age we live in where people rather watching someone playing and gibbering nonsense instead of playing them self.

I always find it odd when people assume doing something like posting on the forum or watching twitch is time not spent in game.

I can do these things when I wouldn’t otherwise be able to play. For example, yesterday I had twitch on while I worked instead of my usual NPR.

Then, last night, I got to finish out my game session doing a meta alongside a twitch streamer and fans while his Twitch stream was up on my second monitor. It was kinda like a big party.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

It would be disingenuous to leave a positive review of GW2 on the steam side. The effort just isn't there anymore. The competitive game modes are in shambles, the raid scene is darn near impossible to break into for non raiders and is clearly on deaths door. The story is meh now. I mean for goodness sake their idea of new content is re-releasing season 1 of living world. The negative reviews are totally justified do not be too quick to assume trolls are the only reason it's tanking. I love gw2, but I'd be a liar to myself if I ignored the state of the game! No I haven't left a negative review, let the new folks find the disappointment out on their own. I mean skiffs??? That was the expacks cool new feature.....and fishing......bleh

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 3