Give us option to unlearn masteries

TallBarr.2184

41 minutes ago, TallBarr.2184 said:

I wish, but i need the icebrood saga ones and alot of them are connected to drms and stuff, which i rather not touch. Id rather be able to pay a fee to unlearn a mastery and use those points.

Well I agree that IBS masteries gave me the most trouble as well, because I never did the Strikes nor wanted to. But I just researched the mastery points, decided on the ones I was going to go for (outside of strikes) and tackled them one by one. Sure it took me a while but I got there relatively quickly just the same. Sometimes you just gotta get stuck in and do what it takes. 😉 

And mind you, I don't think it'll happen because some of these are story requirements and you'd be able to cheat your way through HoT for example. But I do agree IBS can be tough when you don't do strikes for example.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TallBarr.2184 said:

I wish, but i need the icebrood saga ones and alot of them are connected to drms and stuff, which i rather not touch. Id rather be able to pay a fee to unlearn a mastery and use those points.

Naw I don't think so.  There are multiple achievements that are connected to IBS Masteries alongside story steps and open world content that require MP investment.  Shifting the MP around would allow players to skip a lot of content yet still farm AP.  If you don't want to play the content, then why should you have access to the rewards for playing it?

• Like 6

Don't think this is a good suggestion at all..... This sounds more like a "I don't want to play the game, I just want to throw money at it" pay to win sorta option.    Horrible idea as others have said there are more than enough pts available even if you don't like certain things like strikes or DRMs.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, TallBarr.2184 said:

Low on mastery points and would gladly unlearn some masteries i dont want

With your previous Mastery choices, you'd have gain certain rewards and achievements. If you're able to re-allocate those points, then it'll be basically gain the ability to get new achievements and rewards instantly without putting in the required efforts.

Going for Skyscale? Maybe take all the points from Roller Beetle or Griffon and place them all into Skyscale without penalties? Swap back and forth when you need certain things? Would you be willing to lose all those achievement points and any access you had already received through those Masteries? If not, then no.

6 hours ago, TallBarr.2184 said:

I would pay 5000 gems to unlearn Raven attunement

This will basically turn the game into a P2W. Just pay gems to proceed to next stage for the achievements.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, TallBarr.2184 said:

And here i thought we talk about some annoying/difficult mastery points but Drm Mastery points? Really? Like come on dude.

Arent most of them literally just "walk to them and press F"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

And here i thought we talk about some annoying/difficult mastery points but Drm Mastery points? Really? Like come on dude.

Arent most of them literally just "walk to them and press F"?

You're basically correct.

None of the MP in DRMs are in any ways even remotely hard to get. Do it solo in a private instance.  Get the MP and log onto character screen to exit instantly. No need for OP to do any parts of the DRMs.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TallBarr.2184 said:

Just bear the pain and do DRMs for those mastery points. Once you get them, you can stop doing DRMs forever while keeping your earned points.

Edited by Zaraki.5784
  • Like 1

You can get a ton of IBS points by watching LFG under Strike Missions for "ibs ez 5". Join and state your role and spend maybe 20mins and you're done. Watch out for the weekly Cold War and Forging Steel, too.

This also nets you 7 Mystic Clovers per strike mission the first time (or was it 9?).

People are afraid of strikes for no reason, for the most part they get zerged down just like any other content., and unless you're bringing less DPS than a healer (you'd have to be wearing Soldier's gear or something), no one's going to say anything. But for players who are super anxious just go to the golem in Lion's Arch, put all boons on yourself and all conditions on the golem and see if you can reach 10-15k DPS. With the right gear and build you can do this with just autos and no rotation, and that's all you need to clear anything in this game.

Reaper can literally do 25k+ DPS autos and Machinist can hit 30kish at range..

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 4

Allowing redistribution of mastery points would trivialize the whole system. Going for fractals? Fill up fractal line. Want to craft leggy? Redistribute into leggy crafting mastery for an hour. Farming OW? Auto-pick up it is!

Play the game, get mastery points and get the masteries.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It's easy to judge for other players that it is "easy" to get enough mastery points to train whatever you want. But remember that we have players with vastly different skill levels and amount of time available to play GW2. So I don't think it is an unreasonable request to have an option to refund the mastery points so players can spend them elsewhere.

Especially Central Tyrian mastery points can be a bit of a challenge for players who have anxiety to play instanced group content like fractals. Just to name an example.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, TallBarr.2184 said:

Low on mastery points and would gladly unlearn some masteries i dont want

Oops, I misread it.  I rarely mess with masteries, I was thinking hero points.  I would not pay for mastery reset, but would pay for hero point reset. 😎

But... I do think that being able to completely reset all character points - of any kind - would help the game. It should just be part of adjusting your build. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

Oops, I misread it.  I rarely mess with masteries, I was thinking hero points.  I would not pay for mastery reset, but would pay for hero point reset. 😎

But... I do think that being able to completely reset all character points - of any kind - would help the game. It should just be part of adjusting your build. 

Why there is an access of 420+ hero points at the moment after all elite specs are trained why do you need to reset them?

• Like 1