Upcoming Adjustments to Vindicator Endurance Generation

Cal Cohen.2358

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi, everyone,

In addition to fixing bugs in today’s hotfix, we made some adjustments to vindicator’s endurance generation in WvW:

• Reaver's Curse: Reduced endurance gain from 4 to 1 in WvW only.
  • Tree Song: Reduced endurance gain from 2 to 1 in WvW only.

Due to the timing around hotfix builds, we were unable to prepare a larger set of changes for today’s update. We’ll be following up with another hotfix tomorrow with additional changes for all game modes:

• Invigorating Dismissal: Reduced endurance granted from 3 to 2 in WvW only.
  • Song of Arboreum: Reduced bonus vigor effectiveness from 50% to 25% in PvE and WvW, and from 50% to 15% in PvP.
  • Energy Meld: Reduced endurance gain from 25 to 15 in PvP only.
  • Tree Song: Reduced endurance gain from 2 to 1 in PvP only.
  • Scavenger Burst: Reduced endurance gain from 5 to 2 in PvP only.
  • Reaver's Curse: Reduced endurance gain from 5 to 2 in PvE and PvP.

After tomorrow’s hotfix we’ll continue to keep a close eye on the effectiveness of vindicator and will make further adjustments as needed in future updates.

Thanks,
Cal “cmc” Cohen
Skills and Balance Lead

• Like 18
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Can we just have middle traits and energy meld reworked and have stamina decreased on rest things? Middle traits are obsolete, they don't need to give stamina at all. They could give something else. Energy meld is pointless too. 

Edited by Polar.8634
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 9

11 minutes ago, MaLong.2079 said:

Is it me or those reductions look like they were selected without much thought or even testing?

Decreasing the endurance cost of the evading from 100 to 50 without touching the Vindicator traits which were sources of endurance or vigor accordingly were the roots of the problem, as the more you evade, the more easy was to recover the endurance. Now should work way better.

The morality of the story is that GW2 needs a PRT for pre-testing things before releasing massive balance changes under the bus  of the reality...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Is the damage on the dodge going to be increased to compensate the lower frequency? Felt like it was tuned to the current number of dodges we were capable of doing, now it will be quite a nerf to PvE/WvW dps. This could also be said for the boons/conditions/barrier for the other grandmaster traits as well. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good that it's fixed, it was ridiculously overpowered in WvW. But not gonna lie, didn't have so much fun trolling people in WvW in a while. Just endlessly jumping while a whole group is trying to kill me, just trying to stay alive as long as possible. 10/10 raid boss roleplay. 😀Thanks Anet. ❤️

Edited by Flying.6509
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I would like for the vindicator that it fixes the bugs that date from the first beta on the GS already in the first place. I'd like to see the archetype changed, like removing the "Balance in Discord" trait and applying it directly to the "Alliance Tactics" skill. Instead of "Balance in Discord" only the trait "Song of Arboreum".
These are only suggestions for ideas.
This allows you to redo all the traits "Master"(intermediate). We could replace for example:
-a trait to increase DPS
-a trait to share buffs or to be able to put more alteration with the legend or the GS (because a little bit of frost is not crazy when you look at it well)
-a trait to give more buffs to share other than regeneration.

The more the Alliance skill has been increased on both sides, the more it looks like an assembly of 2 legends without any link between them.

2 hours ago, Cal Cohen.2358 said:

Hi, everyone,

In addition to fixing bugs in today’s hotfix, we made some adjustments to vindicator’s endurance generation in WvW:

• Reaver's Curse: Reduced endurance gain from 4 to 1 in WvW only.
  • Tree Song: Reduced endurance gain from 2 to 1 in WvW only.

Due to the timing around hotfix builds, we were unable to prepare a larger set of changes for today’s update. We’ll be following up with another hotfix tomorrow with additional changes for all game modes:

• Invigorating Dismissal: Reduced endurance granted from 3 to 2 in WvW only.
  • Song of Arboreum: Reduced bonus vigor effectiveness from 50% to 25% in PvE and WvW, and from 50% to 15% in PvP.
  • Energy Meld: Reduced endurance gain from 25 to 15 in PvP only.
  • Tree Song: Reduced endurance gain from 2 to 1 in PvP only.
  • Scavenger Burst: Reduced endurance gain from 5 to 2 in PvP only.
  • Reaver's Curse: Reduced endurance gain from 5 to 2 in PvE and PvP.

After tomorrow’s hotfix we’ll continue to keep a close eye on the effectiveness of vindicator and will make further adjustments as needed in future updates.

Thanks,
Cal “cmc” Cohen
Skills and Balance Lead

Thanks for a ton of nerfs for a problem that YOU GUYS CREATED. There was never any need to split the dodge into 2 in the first place, just actual proper balancing of the "one dodge" instead, and now you have to literally touch every single trait and endurance generating skill in order to fix it. Talk about creating massive work for yourself and creating problems where there literally were none.

This is ABSURD balancing

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

We like the feedback-driven changes, thank you. Vindicator still feels half-designed. It simultaneously risks being overpowered in PvP/WvW and irrelevant in PvE. I hope its identity can be honed into a cohesive class design.

As said above, Energy Meld and the middle traits are unnecessary and can be reworked into something more class-defining.

Where's the synergy between Saint Viktor and Archemorous? If I play power DPS, I completely ignore Saint Viktor. And I never have a reason to play pure healing in PvE. The Oct 4 dodge spam created some possibilities around boon extension with Vassals of the Empire, but that was accidental, not a design choice. I just want Saint Viktor to synergize better with Archemorous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Anonynja.3172 said:

We like the feedback-driven changes, thank you. Vindicator still feels half-designed. It simultaneously risks being overpowered in PvP/WvW and irrelevant in PvE. I hope its identity can be honed into a cohesive class design.

As said above, Energy Meld and the middle traits are unnecessary and can be reworked into something more class-defining.

Where's the synergy between Saint Viktor and Archemorous? If I play power DPS, I completely ignore Saint Viktor. And I never have a reason to play pure healing in PvE. The Oct 4 dodge spam created some possibilities around boon extension with Vassals of the Empire, but that was accidental, not a design choice. I just want Saint Viktor to synergize better with Archemorous.

I would like to add to your comment and that I forgot in mine above that if in the possibility that the traits are changed that it is also playable with other legend and not only with the alliance to allow more diversity.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1