Get rid of Quick and Alac Boon

Nightstorm.8024

Healers are literally getting instantly kicked if you don't bring 1 of these 2 boons. That means that these boons are so mandatory to the meta that healers aren't even wanted. That pretty much means this game fundamentally revolves around 2 overpowered buffs. 

Please Anet get rid of them. This is suppose to be a game where everyone and every class is welcome, but when it comes to strikes and raids, you basically HAVE to have them or you get the boot. 

Edited by Nightstorm.8024
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 3

Just now, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I understand where you're coming from, but outside of heal scourge, are there healers that don't naturally bring one of these two boons? That was kind of the whole point of the homogenization patch allowing for others to bring something valuable to the table.

I'm a Healer Vind, which does a lot of spike heals, but because there is no quick or alacrity, no one wants me. 

• Confused 7
  • Sad 5

13 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

On the one hand I am not a fan of overly rigid requirements.

On the other hand I don't really see this being an issue unless you literally just want to dump green numbers on the team.  All the healer builds/specs that comes to mind have some way to provide one of those.

Disagree. Anet knows that these 2 boons are REQUIRED for any team and they decided to give Vind no alac or swift, so they are effectively deciding it shouldn't be in the meta. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 9

28 minutes ago, Nightstorm.8024 said:

Disagree. Anet knows that these 2 boons are REQUIRED for any team and they decided to give Vind no alac or swift, so they are effectively deciding it shouldn't be in the meta. 

Fine. You decided supply something people don't want and now you complain that you are unwanted.

What content actually wants a healer that just dumps green numbers on the team?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nightstorm.8024 said:

Healers are literally getting instantly kicked if you don't bring 1 of these 2 boons. That means that these boons are so mandatory to the meta that healers aren't even wanted. That pretty much means this game fundamentally revolves around 2 overpowered buffs. 

Please Anet get rid of them. This is suppose to be a game where everyone and every class is welcome, but when it comes to strikes and raids, you basically HAVE to have them or you get the boot. 

It's a rather simple logic: healers aren't expected to bring pretty much any damage. DPS builds are though. When you get alacdps or quick dps, they need to sacrifice some of their dps. When you bring additional boon utility with healers... nobody cares if they somehow lose some dps since nobody expected it from them anyways, which is why those are reasonably preferred.

As the first response said, you can always make your own group, look for adps, qdps (or neither if you're fine with not having those in your group for whatever reason 😶) and you'll be filling the role of pure healer. Duh, you can even get adps+qdps for your subgroup and still build the second subgroup using "boon healer" and just one of the boondps roles. So... pretty sure what you want to do here is doable. For some reason you just try to enforce your wishes into someone else's squad. It's even more ridiculous when we realise this is the very basis for your "remove those boons" request.

tl;dr: make your squad and compose it however you want (or don't and "everyone welcome" this kitten!)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just create your own group and look for dps that provide quickness and alac.

these boons are not healer exclusive.

not using these boons or even ask for its removal because you want to play your vindicator on heal will lead to a huge overal community dps and heal loss.

not the way to go, so look for dps who provide it for you then.

Edited by roederich.2716
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decided to create my own team.

Guess what happened? "You don't have alac, i'm out".

People EXPECT these boons. As I said before, they are MANDATORY. Just creating your own group does nothing to influence people otherwise.

The fact that this forum defends these 2 boons is proof enough just how mandatory they are. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Nightstorm.8024 said:

Decided to create my own team.

Guess what happened? "You don't have alac, i'm out".

People EXPECT these boons. As I said before, they are MANDATORY. Just creating your own group does nothing to influence people otherwise.

The fact that this forum defends these 2 boons is proof enough just how mandatory they are. 

Yea but asking for it to be taken away from everyone else just because you want to play something niche is pretty sad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Nightstorm.8024 said:

People don't kick something that's already more difficult to come by. Alac or Quick as any healer is literally effortless, the only healer I've played that needs more than 2 braincells for Alac is WB. 

It's harder to play a healer without Alac or Quick than with it.

16 hours ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I understand where you're coming from, but outside of heal scourge, are there healers that don't naturally bring one of these two boons? That was kind of the whole point of the homogenization patch allowing for others to bring something valuable to the table.

Then again, taking those boons out altogether is much more homegenous, like 100% homogenous. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

OP is not exaggerating... GW2 players mindset is so rigid on this matter.. when I try to start a squad in lfg requesting 2 healers and 8 dps, the players who are in the squad, leave squad and some even raise concerns why no alac, no quick and make a big deal out of it and leave and when one leave , they all follow like sheep.. and leave soon after...  but when i ask for 2 heal alacrity and 2 quick and 6 dps they rejoin the squad... all these shenanigans happen for basic icebrood saga strikes (shiverpeak pass, fraenir , kodans)

with varied support roles , anet is trying to diversify and increase participation of various kind of players its good but players mentality is kinda becoming so rigid even for killing a stationary golem that doesnt hit back

edit:

on a side note, forming squad with 2 heal, 2 alac , 2 quick, 4 dps and organizing the subgroups is just a pain and kills the fun out of it .. ppl leave and join not mentioning their roles, cant remember the names of players who are in specific roles.. extends the content engagement time by atleast 10 -15 mins (and thats not fun)

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

OP is not exaggerating... GW2 players mindset is so rigid on this matter.. when I try to start a squad in lfg requesting 2 healers and 8 dps, the players who are in the squad, leave squad and some even raise concerns why no alac, no quick and make a big deal out of it and leave and when one leave , they all follow like sheep.. and leave soon after...  but when i ask for 2 heal alacrity and 2 quick and 6 dps they rejoin the squad... all these shenanigans happen for basic icebrood saga strikes (shiverpeak pass, fraenir , kodans)

with varied support roles , anet is trying to diversify and increase participation of various kind of players its good but players mentality is kinda becoming so rigid even for killing a stationary golem that doesnt hit back

I don't have roles covered why are people leaving?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I don't have roles covered why are people leaving?

if they dont get 100% uptime alacrity and quickness they somehow feel bad about  their dps when doing their rotations on shiverpeaks pass monster.. this is basically it... i cant think of anything else

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1