Anyone else impatient for a Q1 2023 Road Map?

On 1/10/2023 at 4:25 PM, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

Yep, back in early or mid December they stated they would be coming out with a roadmap after the first of the year.  So we can expect something soon.

Well, technically, that could be any time. June 15th, 2068 would be after the first of this year. Or October 30, 2491. Or, well, an infinite number of dates, really. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Nine Inch Snails.7963 said:

Coming up... Return to Living World Return.   😜

Lol than you would actually not see me within the next year! (Although we are technically missing return to LS1, which would be weird to implement..)

But OT: impatient no. But very curious to what Q1 will bring.. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Really? They honestly cant in my opinion. The gw2 community is somewhat used to a certain standard. Without new content they will loose players.

Historically they've had more success with announcing an expansion and doing nothing for a year. They already said there would be a new map, but don't expect a full season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/5/2023 at 8:03 AM, Kozumi.5816 said:

There hasn't been a real content update since EoD released and EoD has zero long term reward goals besides legendaries , so I disagree.

I agree that EoD long term is only for Legendary weapon farming. What a horrible lack of foresight. HoT is still great to revisit and even PoF has some uses.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 1/11/2023 at 5:04 PM, Dev.1984 said:

I will be surprised if they release any map at all, or anything else but festivals.

People that don't inform themselves tend to be surprised of many things, even things that are typical, and expected. Do you have a reason to think we are only getting festivals? Is that based on some alternate GW2 timeline you have imagined to justify your disappointment with the game's release schedule?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

To be honest this community needs to chill out. They already said their roadmap back in December, two festivals and ls6 in the future. Honestly you should not expect anything until February minus maybe a wvw alliance beta. Enjoy the festival and do the decent repeatable content, instead of begging for content that will be abandoned in 2 weeks like ALL the ls1 content was by the community.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Nah, I've got a lot to keep me busy at the moment. The way I see it, there may be a reason that it's delayed. Maybe they have some breaking news that they just got and are trying to compile it into something cohesive. Maybe there are some things that are still in limbo and they're tentative about releasing anything that could change later. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I would expect a roadmap as soon as the lunar new year festival is over. If it comes before then that would be a bonus. They have nothing else announced with no specific dates after lunar new year, so they should definitely have a new roadmap with a release the following week I'm guessing. I'm sure they're keeping all the specifics until right before release.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Raknar.4735 said:

It's here once it's here. No point in impatiently waiting, as it is just a roadmap.
Not like you'd be able to play the things depicted there, once the roadmap releases.

There is a point - information that helps player plan out their gw2 goals and future.
Example of that would be a peek at Soo-Won variant of Aurene legendaries.

I don't have aurene's legendaries, but the last variant may change that. If it's prismatic darkness (void corrupted) then I want to start farming mats immediately, because this is a long term goal that requires commitment.
But I'm not gonna do this hoping it's that. I need to see what i'm striving for. If it's something I don't like (like regular Soo-Won with water effects) then I'm out and will just play casually.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

I would expect a roadmap as soon as the lunar new year festival is over. If it comes before then that would be a bonus. They have nothing else announced with no specific dates after lunar new year, so they should definitely have a new roadmap with a release the following week I'm guessing. I'm sure they're keeping all the specifics until right before release.

the roadmap will be the return of SAB festival. and after the SAB festival, the roadmap will be about return of festival of four winds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

the roadmap will be the return of SAB festival. and after the SAB festival, the roadmap will be about return of festival of four winds.

You forgot to mention Gemstore releases, another WvW Beta week and the next balance patch where the next spec gets gutted for TeH lUlZ.

• Thanks 1