Class balance is NOT content update

Dev.1984

So, is ANet hiding this thread because it hits too close to home for them or is a revisit in order for the moderator who thought that a thread primarily about the lack of new content over the more than ten months since EoD launched should be moved to the professions subforum?

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

16 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

So, is ANet hiding this thread because it hits too close to home for them or is a revisit in order for the moderator who thought that a thread primarily about the lack of new content over the more than ten months since EoD launched should be moved to the professions subforum?

Or you are projecting. 

The "content" release is in this game has always been this pace. It is a small studio. This has always been a major complaint of gw2 since release. And I doubt it will ever change. So we are left with 2 options. Play what is there. Or scream into the void of this forum thinking we will some how shame the devs into releasing more "content". 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Jedrik.3109 said:

Or you are projecting. 

The "content" release is in this game has always been this pace. It is a small studio. This has always been a major complaint of gw2 since release. And I doubt it will ever change. So we are left with 2 options. Play what is there. Or scream into the void of this forum thinking we will some how shame the devs into releasing more "content". 

You might want to reread my post. Your response is not applicable to my statement.

My comment focused on the decision to hide a post that was about the release pace in the professions forum....not about the pace itself.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

6 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Plus EoD is still fresh. And we just had a winter break. Relax.

Fresh 11 months? They had spring, summer and autumn break. The only thing they have done all this time is balance classes and fix bugs, problem that they created in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Dev.1984 said:

Fresh 11 months? They had spring, summer and autumn break. The only thing they have done all this time is balance classes and fix bugs, problem that they created in the first place.

Class balance and working out bugs are important. The people that are disgruntled by a class they may like underperforming for a long time, or long standing bugs in the game that make certain content less replayable will be harder to get back than people who take a vacation during a content drought, not that I even think there is a drought atm with EoD, the steam release, the challenge raids for scarlet's content and the associated achievements + the legendary rollout. 

Just chill out for a bit. Let them deal with the people that have been waiting for fixes to the stuff they like, and make sure that the people who may try the game due to the steam launch have a smooth experience regardless of the class they choose to play. We'll get more maps shortly. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Them taking their time to fix bugs and balance classes is necessary imo.

If you feel like there's nothing to do, then by all means play a different game and come back once new content is available. GW2 is nice in that way. When you come back, you aren't suddenly totally left behind because there is no gear treadmill. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dev.1984 said:

WHOA ... you're out of line here. They had a break? That's outright dishonest. Just because Anet isn't delivering new content on your schedule doesn't mean they are on break. Time for some people to get over themselves here. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

I'd take rereleasing old content to fix a hole in the story, upgrading old content into a new format, fixing balance that was overdue for years, releasing on steam, adjusting festivals and doing WvW betas, over new content. Even more so after a whole expansion that was released a bit less that a year ago.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Dev.1984 said:

not counting the re-release of old content.

that still counts as content updates, plus it's now permanent and it also brought up a bunch of that to the more modern gameplay systems.

replaying through LW1 was enjoyable and a nice big patch to the jarring narrative jump from core to LS2 that players who missed the original release of LS1 had to suffer through.

• Like 2

Just to remind the game is free of subscription and , personal feeling , the content is pretty good for the price i put in .

Also the re-release was necessary , for newcomers especially , that hole in the story was pretty confusing .

Just do like me , chill on another game , then come back , play an hour , then go on another game , ... Thats one of the good point of the game , you can go away few months , and all your character will still be fresh when you come back.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2023 at 3:00 PM, Dev.1984 said:

..and this is what we have had for almost a year now, not counting the re-release of old content.

I totally disagree.

Balance changes are content.

At least for someone like me, that has a lot of fun, theory crafting new builds.

And for someone like me, that played the old raids for years. With new balance that feels somewhat new, even if the content didn't change.

• Thanks 3