Time to talk about gun flame in WvW?

There does seem to be an increase of bezerker gun flame builds in WvW lately.

I am not calling for the coefficient to be reduced, but I think maybe something like the following should happen;

1) The long-standing bug (see below) should be addressed, it should be able to be reflected. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gun_Flame

If reflected back, won't do any damage to the caster after travelling total of maximum range even when hit by it.

2) The range should be reduced to 900 instead of 1500. 

3) The velocity of the projectile should be decreased by atleast 50 percent. 

What do you think? Should it be left untouched?

Edited by Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341
Spelling
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

how come a skill that can take more than half the health of someone with over 30k hp and over 2k toughness has a 5sec recharge (plus burning, daze, interrupt, multi-target)?

I mean, WHAT THE ACTUAL F??? 😕⁉️

Probably because its a berserker burst and is so limited by adrenaline and berserker duration. I won't mention the full utility bar you need to get the 1 shot (I do agree the 1 shot is dumb and should not be a thing).

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

I think fixing 1) will already go a long way. You'll have to be more careful who you Gunflame if Signet of Might isn't up. Now it's just whatever, shoot this magnetic aura, that wall of reflection, no consequences whatsoever.

Edited by Eudaimonia.8695
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Choya.2687 said:

Untouched, i mean after doing their gunflame thing they are free kill. And you see the gunflame coming.

52 minutes ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

Yeah its strong, but its a one-trick-pony that sticks out like a sore thumb. And it doesn't take much to kill them if you have situational awareness. 

You guys make it sound like the warrior is as good as dead if gunflame misses. Don't they go 0 to 60 in like half a second?

• Like 6

Yes, the bug should be fixed.  Will it be reflected?  No, because of Signet of Might.  Then there will still be cries about it here because the reflection only punishes bad players (as it should).  How many gunflame warriors are you coming across now that aren't popping their Signet of Might?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

Annoying but...it's the semi-equivalent of Tower Ranger, you won't ever see a solo roaming Gunzerker (maybe rarely)...hardly an issue for me when there are far far far more AIDS level builds, out there that on top of doing massive dmg... also have the sustain of a support build

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

Maybe it should be more like an caon shots giving up some dmg and low cd for an bigger aoe and hard cc. Kind of like holo lazzer shot but with out the after effect. Kill shot should be the peek of an sniper shot coming from an war class (dead eye sniper shot should allways do more dmg). Its an bezerk it should not be an clean shot and it should do a lot of physical cc not just dmg.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, MaLong.2079 said:

You guys make it sound like the warrior is as good as dead if gunflame misses. Don't they go 0 to 60 in like half a second?

Its not just a matter of whether they miss but also if they're paying attention to anyone smart enough to counter snipe them.

And between the reddish glow, their shouting, projectile visibility, and low mobility, I can get a read on them a lot quicker than they realize. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

this build should obv be left untouched. you are the glassiest of all glass cannons with this build. You have two shots to kill your enemy and if your enemy still stands after those you are dead. Zero condi cleanse and one stunbreak. 900 range and 50 % slower projectile don't make me laugh like that, 100 % this would kill the last rifle build warrior has in the whole game.

This is just a build to annoy people during the typical fiesta just outside of sm.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341 said:

There does seem to be an increase of bezerker gun flame builds in WvW lately.

I am not calling for the coefficient to be reduced, but I think maybe something like the following should happen;

1) The long-standing bug (see below) should be addressed, it should be able to be reflected. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gun_Flame

If reflected back, won't do any damage to the caster after travelling total of maximum range even when hit by it.

2) The range should be reduced to 900 instead of 1500. 

3) The velocity of the projectile should be decreased by atleast 50 percent. 

What do you think? Should it be left untouched?

What region and tier if you don't mind?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thomas.2564 said:

Reduce the velocity by 50%???? 🤣 u got any idea how skow slow that would make it? U can basically outrun the projectil at that speed. So should we nerf rapid fire too then, by 50%? How about grenade barrage aswell and mortar kit. I play gunflame and trust me, im well aware of how destructive it is. But im also aware of the fact, that it's a meme bulld, that any player with half descent ability's can outpkay, simply by timing their dodge. Also, if ur getting "1shotted", it's probs cause u ur self is running some glassy kitten meme bulld, aye? 😉 And if u dont know how to dodge. I suggest playing cele, like the rest of the 0 dodging ability plebs. 

Relax.

This is a discussion forum, I am looking for constructive communication, I will let the moderators deal with your plebs remark. I am merely making suggestions, your feedback is welcome, toxic remarks are not. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Realistically gunflame is the only 1shot build that can be a threat to celestial zombie herds...hence the complaint, I am actually amazed that in 2023 there is still a high risk=high reward build in gw2 wvw

It's not really a threat to cele unless hiding in the middle of a zerg - and then it's hardly "high risk". Just a dumb build that needs to get carried by numbers, but then becomes stupidly devastating due to lack of counterplay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

"Tis but a meme build." - WvW forums on every one shot build.

Funnily enough there's a thread in warrior subforum where there are claims saying just that: "it's just a meme build" but it should be buffed by adding pierce to it. 🤦‍♂️

I don't think OP's ideas 2 and 3 are good though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

In my opinion the only thing that needs addressing is the reflect bug. Gun flame is a predictable one trick pony that invests so much utility into its burst that it's very easy to focus. I think it's in a good spot at the moment you can get kills with it but it's not game breaking OP like some people suggest. It only does a bit more damage than a sic em burst and no one's complaining about that. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2