Legendary regrets

I wish there was a way to sell or salvage legendaries back for their worth... I regret making some like Rodgort or Claw of Khan Ur. I'd even pay for ability to refund them via some shop item or whatever...

Any legendary regrets you guys have?

• Like 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

Nope. I've got all three classes of legendary armor, as well as an amulet, backpack, two rings, thirteen weapons and full sets of both sigils and runes. My only regrets are that I don't yet have all the weapons I want and that the trinkets are such a pain to get. The option of equipping stat selectable gear on all my alts is really sweet. Plus, working on legendaries has given me long term goals that have kept me engaged in the game for years. I am curious though why you regret your legendaries?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AoTsuki.8675 said:

Legendaries are not made equal, some look way better than the others.

Well, more to legendaries than just looks though. Only reason I am going for mine is for the QOL they have with free transmute charges and stat switchable on the fly plus the rune and sigil stuff. I couldn't care less if the actual weapon looks bad because I am going to transmute over it anyways.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AoTsuki.8675 said:

Legendaries are not made equal, some look way better than the others.

23 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Well, more to legendaries than just looks though. Only reason I am going for mine is for the QOL they have with free transmute charges and stat switchable on the fly plus the rune and sigil stuff. I couldn't care less if the actual weapon looks bad because I am going to transmute over it anyways.

Doctor Hide nailed as far as I'm concerned. I also don't particularly care what a legendary looks like as I will most likely transmute it to fit the look of the alt I am equipping it on. Free transmutations are also one of the benefits of legendaries. OP, I think I understand your regret a bit better though. It sounds like you wish you had made a different leggy weapon because you don't like the look of the one you did make. Hopefully you can find a skin that you do like better.

• Like 1

I only craft ones I am sure about. It was the reason I held off on making Claw of Khan Ur. I knew I would hate it. Would have made a second Incinerator if they didn't announce gen3. Then I had to wait to see what the gen3 looks like. If I didn't like gen3 I would have had to wait to see what the variant skins look like but fortunately that was not the case.

I do think they should look (again) at the G1 Legendaries. IMO, all Legendaries should have a noticeable footfall (some, like Howler or The Bifrost, you can barely see) and a draw animation (some do, some don't). Some Legendaries really got the short end of the stick, like Kraitkin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

I only craft ones I am sure about. It was the reason I held off on making Claw of Khan Ur. I knew I would hate it. Would have made a second Incinerator if they didn't announce gen3. Then I had to wait to see what the gen3 looks like. If I didn't like gen3 I would have had to wait to see what the variant skins look like but fortunately that was not the case.

Gen 3 are besides a few exceptions, exceptional ugly skins. And  they are boring too.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Pretty happy with nearly, I think even all, legendaries I've made. Given that's almost all of them, including all the variants for gen3, no regretts here.

I do get that early on players might feel differently. Once you reach full legendary though, it becomes a non issue.

Heads up, it's really nice to have the ability to play any class with any build and any weapon at any time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No regrets here. Since Armory was introduced, i craft Legendaries for both skin and QoL. If i have one whose skin i especially like, i go for it, otherwise i default to gen1, because they are the cheapest. And if i end up not liking the skin after all, i still have QoL to be happy about. Ironically, out of all the legendaries i have made, Rodgort was one of the first, and was made purely for the skin (it was before Armory, and i wasn't even using legendary itself, i've just reskinned the ascended with the Rodgort skin on character where that skin fit the overall aestethic theme. And now i have an extra stat-selectable torch available on all characters, which ended up an unexpected but very nice bonus.

As for Khan Ur, it's not so good i would craft it myself anytime soon, but in the end you will probably end up with need for two legendary daggers, so it's not a complete loss even if you dislike it for now. Just reskin it and make use of QoL alone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Parasite.5389 said:

no, i tend not to make Random 1000g+ items on a whim

Heh, that's exactly how i made Rodgort. Was choosing a torch skin for a character of mine, and decided that this one would fit it the best. 10 minutes later i had an impulse-crafted legendary. And i am still very satisfied with that choice then.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I always spend a while thinking about whether I really want that particular legendary before commiting to making it, so I've never regretted them. Yes they're useful too, but especially now there's multiple options for most items it's a good idea to think about whether you like the skin as well.

I did once change my mind, I was going to make the WvW legendary backpack but I got fed up with trying to get skirmish tokens so I made the Fractal one instead. Luckily I hadn't bought anything at that point, so I'll be able to put the skirmish tickets towards something else (probably legendary armour).

Why the regret? There is a lot of info available. Regarding the skins there is a preview and you can use YouTube and look for vids. Also there is the convenience you get from being able to change stats for free + you ... get a bit of "completion". I doub't I'll ever get to complete all of the legendaries. (Where the aim to do achievements like the one for the EoD stuff - where you can get all legendary weapons + skin variants for a special title. Pretty grindy.)

But I am aiming for the main ones for convenience. Trinkets = available for all chars. Armor sets ... at least work on different chars/professions (I have one for each professin). Weapons I try to go for the ones that can be used by more than on char first. Skins ... there are free skins that I usually prefer. Or other stuff from the gem store or statuettes vendor.

4 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Why the regret? There is a lot of info available. Regarding the skins there is a preview and you can use YouTube and look for vids. Also there is the convenience you get from being able to change stats for free + you ... get a bit of "completion". I doub't I'll ever get to complete all of the legendaries. (Where the aim to do achievements like the one for the EoD stuff - where you can get all legendary weapons + skin variants for a special title. Pretty grindy.)

But I am aiming for the main ones for convenience. Trinkets = available for all chars. Armor sets ... at least work on different chars/professions (I have one for each professin). Weapons I try to go for the ones that can be used by more than on char first. Skins ... there are free skins that I usually prefer. Or other stuff from the gem store or statuettes vendor.

I mostly mean early stuff like Rodgort from the base game, it's really underwhelming

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Legendary WvW medium helmet. Never progressed any further with the armor on any weight level. Back when I crafted it, I planned to make a full set.

I wish I saved those materials and used them on legendary runes/sigils and trinkets. When I gear a new character, I can go full exotic with armor + weapons and just get ascended/legendary trinkets + back. From playing the game normally, my stocks of stat-select exotic gear refill quickly. Trinkets are 3/5 legendary, remaining pieces + backpack = LW3/4 ascended. 

Weapons? I only crafted The Juggernaut, which is still very useful.