Bad marketing with the hammock...

1 hour ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

I don't care for the hammock myself, but I love that people love the hammock. It's almost as if people have their own preferences and likes, and that all of that is okay. Or maybe I'm just rambling. Who knows? 🤔

This, but slightly modified. I don't care for the hammock myself but I have no problem with the fact that some folks may like or even love it.  🙃

• Like 6

Oh, and I do have to add something else. Back in the early 2000s, newspapers were still a thing. I remember a small article in our statewide newspaper back then saying that the U.S. Navy was accepting bids on a contract to develop software that would enable a single user to easily control multiple social media accounts for propaganda purposes. Other than that brief mention, I don't remember hearing much else about such software but these days we do know that foreign governments and even political campaigns have weaponized social media to sway public opinion. It would surprise me if companies haven't done the same to sway opinions about their competitors. I remember that brief newspaper article every time I read posts here from folks who seem to bash Anet on a nonstop basis.

Now let me be clear - there are things about GW2 that I don't like and I don't hesitate to say so when it seems appropriate. There are a lot of things I do like about the game though or I wouldn't still be playing it and be posting on this forum. It's not criticism of Anet that reminds me of that long ago newspaper article. It's the folks who bash Anet relentlessly who remind me of weaponized social media.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Oh, and I do have to add something else. Back in the early 2000s, newspapers were still a thing. I remember a small article in our statewide newspaper back then saying that the U.S. Navy was accepting bids on a contract to develop software that would enable a single user to easily control multiple social media accounts for propaganda purposes. Other than that brief mention, I don't remember hearing much else about such software but these days we do know that foreign governments and even political campaigns have weaponized social media to sway public opinion. It would surprise me if companies haven't done the same to sway opinions about their competitors. I remember that brief newspaper article every time I read posts here from folks who seem to bash Anet on a nonstop basis.

Now let me be clear - there are things about GW2 that I don't like and I don't hesitate to say so when it seems appropriate. There are a lot of things I do like about the game though or I wouldn't still be playing it and be posting on this forum. It's not criticism of Anet that reminds me of that long ago newspaper article. It's the folks who bash Anet relentlessly who remind me of weaponized social media.

Yeah.. I love the hammock too

• Like 6
  • Haha 2