nobody seem to use the Jade Bot Terminals or Siege Turtle Mount

7 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

On my guys that have it, the rescue protocol that helps you rally when downed is pretty nifty.

It sucks that it replaces the normal bandage self skill, I used to call Warriors that use Vengeance when they could just get up normally stupid. And now Anet basically forced that exact thing on all of us... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I don't use either, and am not sure what functionality it would take to get me to do so. Playable content that would require the turtle, for example, I would just skip or stand around until someone else battered down the wall (or whatever the turtle was used for in that instance).

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I don't use either, and am not sure what functionality it would take to get me to do so. Playable content that would require the turtle, for example, I would just skip or stand around until someone else battered down the wall (or whatever the turtle was used for in that instance).

Well I can think of several ideas for Siege Turtle in WvW. Thats easy.    

As for the Jade Bot, same thing could be applied. What if there were Metas that required piloting the Jade Bot through obstacle as a flying bomb drone, to deliver a powerful blast to a boss. Stuff like that could be a creative way to use them. This same idea could apply in WvW setting as well. Imagine a Spy bot, or a bomb delivery Jade Bot to blow up a structure of a zerg of players. Stuff like that could lead to as new tier of gameplay in WvW in which could be a Jade Bot on Jade Bot style battle to ward off bombers while delivering your own jade bombers. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Well I can think of several ideas for Siege Turtle in WvW. Thats easy.    

As for the Jade Bot, same thing could be applied. What if there were Metas that required piloting the Jade Bot through obstacle as a flying bomb drone, to deliver a powerful blast to a boss. Stuff like that could be a creative way to use them. This same idea could apply in WvW setting as well. Imagine a Spy bot, or a bomb delivery Jade Bot to blow up a structure of a zerg of players. Stuff like that could lead to as new tier of gameplay in WvW in which could be a Jade Bot on Jade Bot style battle to ward off bombers while delivering your own jade bombers. 

As long as those suggestions were not mandatory for the success of the meta, or in WvW. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Siege turtles are used a lot depending on map.  Jade bot terminals....not so much, although they added a few races.

I think it's more fair to say that there are a couple of maps where the Siege Turtles are used and the rest of Tyria you rarely see them.

6 hours ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

I have yet to unlock the Jade Bot, so I don't even know what it does.

Well depending on what you do, there are a few nice things about the jade bot. You can have a personal waypoint that you can pretty much set anywhere in the OW. If you like to use gliding then you have a booster that can give an upward push so you can glide longer. It gives more health in OW and it has some mods that you can put in it that can give you some bonuses for a variety of things. Oh yeah and in Cantha it allows you to use ziplines and you can get offensive and defensive bonuses. A lot of things really. None of it is really needed but it can be nice in some situations.

• Like 7

Turtle => The driver uses "headbutt" in combat and the mount leaps 600 yards backwards .

The driver is dismounted and he can throw a hook to the position of the delayed following Bot Terminal location  (hopefully near the boss) .

The mount exist without a driver (npc mount) and is headed towards the boss to the 'final sacrificial headbutt" to deal 1 damage, and nearby people can hop to use the ranged weapon for some extra shots . Or the driver can guide the Bot to a location and the Turtle is bound to come forth in that location (to collect an cc-breaker-item , so the driver can throw it  on the boss , before even the cc bar comes up ...prestack item that increases the chance for loot )

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 2

The problem with siege turtles is that they combine two things which most people hate: restricted functionality and being controlled. For every other mount, the rider has total control; for the turtle, neither the driver nor the gunner has total control and are forced into this weird relationship if they want to use the mount properly. This is in addition to having the worst steering.

The problem with jade bots is that they feel gimmicky and fake. You don't need them for anything (except zip lines if you don't have skyscale) but they give access to long-duration buffs in combat. My raid static uses them only for the boost to vitality and i rarely use mine outside of EoD maps, even though the portable waypoint is handy (as is the jade sliver conversion when u loot junk items). They try to solve problems which don't exist.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

The problem with siege turtles is that they combine two things which most people hate: restricted functionality and being controlled. For every other mount, the rider has total control; for the turtle, neither the driver nor the gunner has total control and are forced into this weird relationship if they want to use the mount properly. This is in addition to having the worst steering.

The problem with jade bots is that they feel gimmicky and fake. You don't need them for anything (except zip lines if you don't have skyscale) but they give access to long-duration buffs in combat. My raid static uses them only for the boost to vitality and i rarely use mine outside of EoD maps, even though the portable waypoint is handy (as is the jade sliver conversion when u loot junk items). They try to solve problems which don't exist.

Turtles are clunky and I think they were supposed to be, probably because to prevent people from using them for anything else other than what they're indented to use them, I remember people asked for a 2 seater mount before EoD. And Anet delivered, just not in the way we expected them as always. It's not bad to use them for s meta phase, the forced extensive use is the annoying part. Talking about the pre last boss in Gayla Delve. 

I remember the first thing that I did when I got Turtle was go to Drizziewood, and although nothing tells you to use it there, it absolutely obliterates every structure and makes that part of the meta trivial. But because you don't always use it it's fine. 

I can't say I got a problem with Jade Bots, thru have some good effects and they themselves are quite discreet. And the protocols for might/magic trophies are great if you do metas with a lot of things to kill, you get quite a bit extra loot. 

Edited by jason.1083
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

nobody seem to use the Jade Bot Terminals or Siege Turtle Mount anymore.         

I hope we can get some new features that can bring some life back to these underused features,

Because Anet made the Turtle worthless; after you bought the expansion.  

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Turtles would likely be used more if there was some way for the driver to used the canons, even if they had the accuracy of a Meteor Storm. Other mounts are faster, Skimmer is more maneuverable under water, and players can do more damage and/or faster CC by dismounting. The only use I've found for the mount is either forced (Gyala Delves), is spamming CC (Dragonstorm), or to kill underwater mobs on characters that either have poor underwater skills or I forgot to get them level 80 underwater weapons (a couple core Tyria hearts). I've heard it's also good in Drizzlewood because its damage is coded as siege.

They're just too clunky to use and don't have the damage or utility to make up for it so it's faster and easier to use raptor/jackal/skyscale/griffon to move around and then fight normally, and use skimmer underwater. It's just too unfocused and niche and one player can only use half the features of it. Plus the lack of non-premium skin variety doesn't help it any.

As for jade bot terminals, they have so little use to begin with and modules are largely set and forget. A lot of people also bought the guild decoration and put them in their guild hall so people didn't need to go to Cantha to change things up. An easy-on-paper-but-maybe-not-in-practice way to give them more use would be to come out with the screenshot feature people thought would be a surprise during pre-release EoD streams and teasers and have some of that tied to the Terminals.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I hope we can get some new features that can bring some life back to these underused features,

Only speak for yourself.

The turtle mount is my #1 helper for HP runs at the moment, as I can carry people through basically everything. It is so hilariously broken, i do not need any other mounts or portals anymore. Controls could be a little less wonky, but even that is something I can deal with. 

I also see it frequently used in big worldbosses for either CC or  with the cannons. And there is the Gyala Delve meta. 

For the jade bot terminal, it is quite limited. In EoD maps it has really short range. In core-tyria, they only exist in cities at the moment. They are quite handy for map-completion, as you can freely move in all directions without needing to mount up. Sadly no vistas. But for places which are quite tangled, like The Grove, it makes life easier. I hope they will add such a console to TD ^^.

• Like 6

On 7/8/2023 at 5:55 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

Jade bot terminals....not so much, although they added a few races.

Those jade-bot adventures are fun. 🙂

On 7/8/2023 at 5:51 PM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Never liked the Siege Turtle as a regular mount.

As for those jade-bot stations: I've got one in my guild hall, but I rarely swap upgrades on my characters. Unless you meant the actual terminals für sight-seeing? Yeah, I have better things to do. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Those jade-bot adventures are fun. 🙂

Never liked the Siege Turtle as a regular mount.

As for those jade-bot stations: I've got one in my guild hall, but I rarely swap upgrades on my characters. Unless you meant the actual terminals für sight-seeing? Yeah, I have better things to do. 😉

I agree, I like the jade bot adventures and the turtle ones, they're a good addition and some easy mastery.  

13 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Only speak for yourself.

The turtle mount is my #1 helper for HP runs at the moment, as I can carry people through basically everything. It is so hilariously broken, i do not need any other mounts or portals anymore. Controls could be a little less wonky, but even that is something I can deal with. 

I also see it frequently used in big worldbosses for either CC or  with the cannons. And there is the Gyala Delve meta. 

For the jade bot terminal, it is quite limited. In EoD maps it has really short range. In core-tyria, they only exist in cities at the moment. They are quite handy for map-completion, as you can freely move in all directions without needing to mount up. Sadly no vistas. But for places which are quite tangled, like The Grove, it makes life easier. I hope they will add such a console to TD ^^.

The turtle mount is really fun, and for me it's made some new ways to revisit some metas not just in EoD.  It's also super useful to scoop up someone who can't mount up because of aggro or help out a new player.  Do I wish I could use the cannons as the driver....yes, but that's not it's intention or design and that's fine.  Maybe I just like turtles 🐢.

• Confused 1

On 7/8/2023 at 10:51 AM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

they are used a lot in eye of the north. so much so you can hardly see Braham

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1