Ele Changes For July 18th -- Ele Fixed -- Move On -- Start New Thread For New Ele Suggestions

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I will quite seriously send you $20.00 through paypal if you can find a thread where I am biasedly defending Ranger instead of pointing out what needed to be nerfed on Untamed, that Druid is actually a secret meta, and that Soulbeast is actually one of the best 1v1 classes in the game.

It's subjective ofc:

wall of text to justify busted soulbeast, pointing at lack of pvp titles to defend soulbeast,

I had more examples for these 40~ pages, but they didn't fall under your request, like "there is enough reveal in the game" which is blatant lie ofc, there were also few instances of mocking people like this one for stating that Soulbeast was op, famous get over it is also nice with nice reflect to other busted thing. Classic l2p thingie.
There's a lot more but I couldn't bother going through every wall of text, too much of very little is not worth 20$.

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That was Eurantien. I remember what you're talking about. But that was like 6 years ago dude. Get over it and move on.

If it's truth then my apologies. 

Yeah that's why all my threads get 12k views. I guess I should review my writing skills and their ability to grab attention.

You should review your writing skills. Human attention is much shorter, if you don't put the most important information within first 3 lines then it's waste of time. Short but informative, simple is the best.

If anything ever exposed l2p issues, it was complaining about Thief.

0 real conters to that class after 10 years.

My friend, performing magical rituals will accomplish nothing. But what can get something done, is when the community bans together and voices unprecedented unanimously agreed upon feedback about some problem in the game that needs to be changed. <- This is what has happened here, no more, and no less. If you are so concerned with Thief, drop the hooga booga and write a nice thread about it. If you build it, they will come and support it! Well.. that is.. if anyone agrees with what you've posted. Sometimes you just need to admit when you have an outlier opinion that no one else cares about.

Numerous threads about it by multiple different people, nothing done.

Ele wasn't deleted my good strong bro. It was brought from God Tier down to Realistic Tier. Such desensitization from power. It's like when an elite rich person goes and takes a walk through a normal level moderately wealthy suburban area, seriously thinks he's in the ghetto, and gets all scared about it.

False, Ele was brought up to the same level as other classes, nothing more and nothing less. 

Other classes can deal damage to you now. Get used to it.

They could always do that, it was simply as you like to use it a "l2p issue" for you. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

38 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

It's subjective ofc:

wall of text to justify busted soulbeast, pointing at lack of pvp titles to defend soulbeast,

I had more examples for these 40~ pages, but they didn't fall under your request, like "there is enough reveal in the game" which is blatant lie ofc, there were also few instances of mocking people like this one for stating that Soulbeast was op, famous get over it is also nice with nice reflect to other busted thing. Classic l2p thingie.
There's a lot more but I couldn't bother going through every wall of text, too much of very little is not worth 20$.

Did you seriously go back through 6000 forum posts to 2018 to make example of the one point in time in 10 years, that I had to explain to people that Bunker Rangers were not the same thing as DPS Soulbeasts, and then attempt to claim this was biased class defense?

Good God man. I saw your name in this thread as "TrollingDemigod.3041 is here" at the top of this thread for like 6 hours, but I had no idea this is what you were doing. It looks like you trolled yourself on this one.

No $20.00 for you.

44 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

You should review your writing skills. Human attention is much shorter, if you don't put the most important information within first 3 lines then it's waste of time. Short but informative, simple is the best.

Yeah that must be why all those simple worded posts get 60 to 200 views maximum.

44 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

0 real conters to thief class after 10 years.

What lol

That comment deserves only this: https://imgur.com/70NjstZ

54 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Numerous threads about stealth by multiple different people, nothing done.

Ok look my dude. There is a difference between something being annoying, something having mechanics that you'd like to see changed, and something that is actually busted OP and dominating the game. I don't know what else to tell you. I get it, a lot of people have problems with how stealth in GW2 works, but you aren't exactly seeing 5x Thief comps in MATs, or any AT, or Ranked, or Unranked, and in fact, it's a pretty commonly known fact that running even double Thief is throwing. It's been this way for 11 years now. Maybe that's because stealth and Thief in general, isn't as ultimate as you seem to believe.

59 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

False, Ele was brought up to the same level as other classes, nothing more and nothing less.

What lol

This response does not even make sense not only to my statement that you responded to, but also what just happened in general.

1 hour ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

They could always do that, it was simply as you like to use it a "l2p issue" for you.

Yeah, the entire GW2 community including all streamers, all ele mains except you, must have been wrong.

---------

Look man, let's reel it back to where this started. Ele was clearly overperforming and needed to be brought back down to standards. I'm not saying the way they did it was good or adequate, but as a non-ele player, right now I'm just happy that other classes are playable again.

If you want to get anything done about "Fixing Ele" or w/e is going through your head right now, you ought to stop pointing fingers at me, and start pointing fingers at the problem you've identified in a different thread dedicated towards fixing that problem. You can carry that cross as an Ele player, not me.

I'm not a developer my dude. I did not plan/make those changes, and I can't fix them for you.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

The only way to play elementalist right now

It's Only The Beginning

Look Who's Laughing Now

Isn't the video about guild/zerg gameplay? 

Cata in a comp is different from roaming.

EDIT: wtv

Edited by Acyk.9671

14 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

If I'm not wrong you were defending an evasion in middle of AA chain on Rangers GS, no? Like "it was skillful and timing" or some other gibberish, either you or some other Ranger main.
Also you're very biased toward your own class a bit too much, I still have not seen any nerf posts about busted utility + trait combos your class has from you yet, why is that?
You write all these essays full of nothing like for some middle-school exams without substance about everything beside root problems, it's annoying honestly. You know what Catalyst needed most? Full rework, not buffs or nerfs, just a full rework from scratch because it's kitten bad on many levels and it's carried by numbers and not actual player skill.
I really don't get you guys, people complain about no content in PvP then A-net added raid-boss via Catalyst and then you complained about it being too strong. It's so difficult to please PvP players these days.
Anyways, to the main problem at hand:
What do I need to delete teef class from the game? I've seen numerous topics about how busted stealth is, yet there was no action yet. Do I need to do some rain dance or send some e-mails? How do I accomplish that? You guys somehow managed to delete Eles (again) so I'm curious, was it essays?

Your frustration is justifiable. I'm with you there, changes like these are what will eventually cause me to quit Gw2 for good. 

But in this instance, I can't help but question if some amount of Karma was involved. I've been around these parts for a few years at least. Read a lot of posts. Yours typically focus on reducing power creep in other classes. I've seen you encourage, even cheer on changes like these when it happens to other classes. 

Trevor is doing the same. From the perspective of other players. It matters not HOW another's class is brought down, only that the almighty power creep is reigned in so that their enjoyment of the game can increase. If we continue to encourage that for other classes, we can't really complain when the pendulm swings the other way and we're on the recieving end of these destructive nerfs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Your frustration is justifiable. I'm with you there, changes like these are what will eventually cause me to quit Gw2 for good. 

But in this instance, I can't help but question if some amount of Karma was involved. I've been around these parts for a few years at least. Read a lot of posts. Yours typically focus on reducing power creep in other classes. I've seen you encourage, even cheer on changes like these when it happens to other classes. 

Trevor is doing the same. From the perspective of other players. It matters not HOW another's class is brought down, only that the almighty power creep is reigned in so that their enjoyment of the game can increase. If we continue to encourage that for other classes, we can't really complain when the pendulm swings the other way and we're on the recieving end of these destructive nerfs. 

They're destroying the viability of ele. This is a witch hunt with cata as the scapegoat, which shouldn't be justified. Dagger lost viability when Anet removed the ease of use with evade 3 skills. Staff was turned into a support weapon so it lost all viability with damage builds. And now Scepter lost its base damage for both condi and power! That's all of ele's core weapons! 

What Trevor and his fan boys are doing is removing any resemblance of fair competition so they can play a game that's catered to their own lazy stupidity. 

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Stallic.2397 said:

They're destroying the viability of ele. This is a witch hunt with cata as the scapegoat, which shouldn't be justified. Dagger lost viability when Anet removed the ease of use with evade 3 skills. Staff was turned into a support weapon so it lost all viability with damage builds. And now Scepter lost its base damage for both condi and power! That's all of ele's core weapons! 

What Trevor and his fan boys are doing is removing any resemblance of fair competition so they can play a game that's catered to their own lazy stupidity. 

Nono it's fine. As long as they get their crappy top 50 when no one even seriously plays pvp anymore it's all good to destroy classes, including previous ones. While also defending bull like Ranger who had one of the STRONGEST builds elite spec wise. Remember Boonbeast? Remember people were trying to defend it? Remember Ranger mains crying because Ranger was supposedly OH SO weak, and OH SO struggling even though both Core and Soulbeast could one shot most people off the map (SB more well known because people are too thick skulled to use Core Ranger properly.) Yea, I certainly remember four or five years ago of that crap.

But yea, Ele has had the history of the most broken builds mhm. The one D/D Cele build that turned into..a freaking Cleric healing build that did no damage, a side node build that couldn't teamfight and got mopped by Scourge/Firebrand combo, and (briefly) FA Weaver that had to be some of the funniest and most skillful build we had that didn't require build healer or sustain-condi crap.

But yea, that class over there had had a whole build up to almost YEAR that had ALL boons on their bar at one point frequently? Nah, Ranger is struggling man. Always has been. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

What has happened to ele is a travesty of balancing. Only totally biased people cannot see it. They could throw catalyst at the trash bin. Ban it from being used in pvp instead and I would be way happier about the state of elementalist instead of this. Whoever made the decision for the original WiS trait and stubbornly did not opt for a total revert before trying anything else should really reconsider his /her career choices.

Edited by Avead.5760
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Stallic.2397 said:

Hm... I suppose there's a silver lining here if others are starting to see the destructive effect this kind of balancing causes. 

I agree. I hate how Anet balances this game by deleting options and sweeping them under the rug. I've a long post history pleading with the playerbase to stop encouraging balance like this. Smiter's Booning an overpowered build we don't like is not good for the game. It reduces powercreep, yes, but the pros outweigh the cons. Especially when balanced/underpowered/core builds are impacted as well. 

If this convinces more people of that, then perhaps there's SOME hope for this community yet. I can only hope people remember this frustration when it's someone else's class on the chopping block. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stallic.2397 said:

They're destroying the god tierness of ele.

Fixed this for you.

Yeah you're right, they did do that. But now it's just down to par with other classes. Get used to it. That's how it's supposed to be.

1 hour ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Nono it's fine. As long as they get their crappy top 50 when no one even seriously plays pvp anymore it's all good to destroy classes, including previous ones. While also defending bull like Ranger who had one of the STRONGEST builds elite spec wise. Remember Boonbeast?

You mean the only Ranger spec ever that was strong enough to see MAT representation that was nerfed immediately as it hit the board? Yeah I remember that one.

I also remember the countless MATS and other big tournaments over the years that were won through the sheer carry off the back of Ele stacks and Ele MVP builds.

1 hour ago, Dreams.3128 said:

But yea, Ele has had the history of the most broken builds mhm.

This is actually undeniably true though ^

Here is a list of real Ele achievements that no other class has ever touched:

1. During vanilla before HoT, DD Cele Ele rose a level of power to where metabattle.com had it listed in its own category above the meta, where it sat by itself. There was "good" "great" "meta" and then "god tier" or something like that, and DD Cele Ele sat there, by itself, and it took them quite a while to patch it.
  2. Ele with Tempest has largely been the dominant support for the better part of 10 years, indisputably.
  3. Ele, Weaver, and now Catalyst, have largely been dominant Side Noders for the better part of 10 years, indisputably.
  4. There have actually been metas where the only class in the meta, was Ele.
  5. The only time tournaments have ever been won with a 5x class stack, was when it was Eles.
  6. Even in pve, Ele always has top tier benchmark potential, only ever hovering maybe a 1k or 2k less than something that may creep ahead of it for a brief time. But historically for many years, Ele always comes back and ends up far surpassing other classes as the highest DPS.

This is all true ^

No other class in the game has ever achieved any of these milestones, not even once.

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I can only hope people remember this frustration when it's someone else's class on the chopping block. 

Eh the thing is, every other class has been on the chopping block for years man. We've all felt like that plenty of times over in the past 11 years. Like I remember when they eviscerated Druid over the course of like 3x patches in a row, and it was viewed as bottom barrel useless for the better part of 5 or 6 years actually. Every other class has experienced some significant time frame where all their options were mediocre or subpar, except for Ele. Ele has always been in the meta and the few times it wasn't, it was just barely not in the meta, but still very viable.

This is all a new thing for Ele mains, and no offense intended, but I really don't feel bad for them concerning them having to deal with other classes on equal footing now. But I do feel the frustration in receiving some kind of a nerf that destroys a particular option or gameplay style. However, they need to keep the straight & narrow path, instead of frantically finger pointing in frustration. I keep telling them in these posts, stop complaining and blaming forum users for these changes. We are not the designers who planned/executed the patch, and we can't uploaded a new patch to fix it for them. If they want to get anything fixed, they can jump off the victim train & finger pointing and start making suggestion threads on how to better polish Ele.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

• Trevor Boyer.6524 changed the title to Ele Changes For July 18th -- Ele mains enraged like a raid boss --
26 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Fixed this for you.

Yeah you're right, they did do that. But now it's just down to par with other classes. Get used to it. That's how it's supposed to be.

You mean the only Ranger spec ever that was strong enough to see MAT representation that was nerfed immediately as it hit the board? Yeah I remember that one.

I also remember the countless MATS and other big tournaments over the years that were won through the sheer carry off the back of Ele stacks and Ele MVP builds.

This is actually undeniably true though ^

Here is a list of real Ele achievements that no other class has ever touched:

1. During vanilla before HoT, DD Cele Ele rose a level of power to where metabattle.com had it listed in its own category above the meta, where it sat by itself. There was "good" "great" "meta" and then "god tier" or something like that, and DD Cele Ele sat there, by itself, and it took them quite a while to patch it.
  2. Ele with Tempest has largely been the dominant support for the better part of 10 years, indisputably.
  3. Ele, Weaver, and now Catalyst, have largely been dominant Side Noders for the better part of 10 years, indisputably.
  4. There have actually been metas where the only class in the meta, was Ele.
  5. The only time tournaments have ever been won with a 5x class stack, was when it was Eles.
  6. Even in pve, Ele always has top tier benchmark potential, only ever hovering maybe a 1k or 2k less than something that may creep ahead of it for a brief time. But historically for many years, Ele always comes back and ends up far surpassing other classes as the highest DPS.

This is all true ^

No other class in the game has ever achieved any of these milestones, not even once.

Eh the thing is, every other class has been on the chopping block for years man. We've all felt like that plenty of times over in the past 11 years. Like I remember when they eviscerated Druid over the course of like 3x patches in a row, and it was viewed as bottom barrel useless for the better part of 5 or 6 years actually. Every other class has experienced some significant time frame where all their options were mediocre or subpar, except for Ele. Ele has always been in the meta and the few times it wasn't, it was just barely not in the meta, but still very viable.

This is all a new thing for Ele mains, and no offense intended, but I really don't feel bad for them concerning them having to deal with other classes on equal footing now. But I do feel the frustration in receiving some kind of a nerf that destroys a particular option or gameplay style. However, they need to keep the straight & narrow path, instead of frantically finger pointing in frustration. I keep telling them in these posts, stop complaining and blaming forum users for these changes. We are not the designers who planned/executed the patch, and we can't uploaded a new patch to fix it for them. If they want to get anything fixed, they can jump off the victim train & finger pointing and start making suggestion threads on how to better polish Ele.

The issue is that Anet have just wrecked builds that were not meta because they had a a couple other over powered meta builds.  To be clear its not just builds they have wrecked, they have wrecked the ability to play ele ranged or with core builds in pvp for no other reason than poor analysis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

The issue is that Anet have just wrecked builds that were not meta because they had a a couple other over powered meta builds.  To be clear its not just builds they have wrecked, they have wrecked the ability to play ele ranged or with core builds in pvp for no other reason than poor analysis.

Although I understand wanting different kinds of changes, nothing is wrecked, it's just not God Tier anymore.

In time, the desensitization of Ele mains will balance back out, and they'll realize they're A tier at worst, not D & E tier ruined.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Although I understand wanting different kinds of changes, nothing is wrecked, it's just not God Tier anymore.

In time, the desensitization of Ele mains will balance back out, and they'll realize they're A tier at worst, not D & E tier ruined.

Trevor is partly right. Every ele build that has had success has either had good damage mitigation and sustain or high might uptime and sustain.

Historically ele has always been favored when it’s sustain was good and could win fights through attrition. Catalyst is a prime example of it. Core cele is another example.

He makes a good point that a lot of this ability also comes through core weapons and traits and as long as those remain good, ele as a whole isn’t bad.

Where I think he is a bit wrong is that it makes core ele op. Thing with core ele and somewhat ele in general is it often has to sacrifice damage for sustain or sustain for damage. This will continue to be the case until they lower overall sustain and increase other methods to mitigate damage. It would be cool if they lowered sustain but decreased cooldowns on heals by 5s for most of them.

• Like 3

True, we all have. I watched it happen. Been very vocal about how much I dislike it while the majority cheered. 

Ah, if it were that easy. How many essays have engi's written on fixing turrets now? 

You're right that pointing the finger at other players is pointless. But there is something to be said about how ANet takes in feedback. It takes a lot more than one or two well written posts to get things changed. It takes a lot of people screaming in unison for a long enough time until ANet takes notice. 

And if the commuity screams for long eough, then there's a chance something will happen. 

Suppose you could say I'm trying a different strategy. Rather than scream at a brick wall on my own... Use moments like these to point out the flaws of sledgehammer balance. Maybe a few people will change their mind about what this game needs. And there does seem to be a shift. Perhaps that's BECAUSE we've all been there and so many things have been left broken and neglected. 

• Like 5

Haha
Not bias? IDK Trevor, whenever you get the chance you like to complain hard about Revenant being strong at all. That's where I lost sympathy for you and your class.
And you do love comparing whenever a class does x thing better than ranger.

This situation is actually depressing for elementalist players:

18 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Ding Ding Ding!  this is the winner!  They turned something from "useable" to "godmode" to "your literally trolling if you still run signets" in under 1 month.

Healskill 20 -> 30 second CD

Firesignet 12->15 second CD

Earthsignet 15 -> 25 second CD

Watersignet 15-> 30 second CD .   <- also effectiveness nerfed big time

OHH and what is this.....  as if i didnt see it coming....

Written in Stone: This trait now has a 25-second internal cooldown when granting an aura in PvP only.

They buff a trait......  nerf all the utilityskill associated with it.....  and then they nerf the trait into complete uselessness.... and to top it all of, they make it unpredictable. Because it will trigger on random signets.... unless you count to 25 everytime, there is no way for you to tell when the aura will procc. And the Auras that do procc have half the duration of normal auras....... HOORAY! 

You are basicly taking a Greatmastertrait for a 2 second Forstaura every 25 seconds..... kitten THATS A GOOD GREATMASTERTRAIT!

And when you think it cant get any worse... they basicly remove the burn from Fireattunement...labeling it as "bugfixes".

• Flamestrike: Reduced initial burning duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second and the secondary burning duration from 2.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Flamestrike: The first strike of this skill no longer inflicts burning in PvP only. Reduced the secondary burning duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvP only.
  • Dragon's Tooth: Reduced burning duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.

Flamestrike from one burn for 1.5 and a second burn for 2.5......   to a single 1 second burn...  Dtooth burn cut in half...

No one can be happy about that....   They are butchering Core things because Cata was overperforming..... again...  

They butchered FA Weaver, they butchered signet Tempest, and they butchered Staffsignet......   because of cata....   hooray....  Cata will go back to FA or hammer... and the other ele builds cease to exist.   

Instead of just reverting their WiS change... they butcher numerous builds, just because they cant admit they made a mistake. Reverting the WiS was all it needed to bring signets back in line...but nope... they nerf the signets... realize that that wasnt enough... and then they completly gut WiS, making it worse than before, but instead of reverting the signet nerfs... they nerf them EVEN MORE.

The second they announced the WiS change, everyone said:  "this will backfire! The WiS change is wayy to much! They are gonna nerf the signets into oblivion...." because they do it EVERY. DUCKING.TIME.

....and here we are....    double the CD on the signets, nerfed effectiveness and with a completly useless and inconsistent traitline to back it up.

Whoever wants to compliment them for that doesnt understand what happened...  It was a nerf for signetcata... yeah... thanks anet... but the collateral damage and stupidity how to approach these nerfs is unbelievable.   And everyone saw it coming by a mile. The simple solution would be to... well... just revert the WiS Change... but nope... Anet butchered  numerous offmetabuilds and essentially everything that tries to use a sceptre (except for cata ofc).

And all of that, because "someone" at AnetHQ thought Auras on Signets was a good idea, altho we ALL have been SCREAMING that its dumb af.

imma quit!  this incompetence is just too much for me.

bye.

I feel you, I've talked about this before:

ANET loves collateral damage. AKA they simply don't give a kitten. Just like some players here.

Edited by XxsdgxX.8109
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, XxsdgxX.8109 said:

Not bias? IDK Trevor, whenever you get the chance you like to complain hard about Revenant being strong at all. That's where I lost sympathy for you and your class.
And you do love comparing whenever a class can does x thing better than ranger.

I swear to God you guys just pull stuff out of your wazoo to throw at me.

1. Please post a link of me complaining about Revenants that was not the recent immortal bug.
  2. Please post a link of me complaining about other classes doing things better than Ranger.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

21 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

This, so much this.
When conveying information you can usually only expect them to remember 3 things and even then primacy and recency mean only 2 really get remembered.

That's the first and last things you say if someone needed the middle part explaining. 

@Sahne.6950 I see what you did 😄 

Edited by apharma.3741
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/20/2023 at 5:27 AM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

you dont take it for the damage, you take it for extra skills it gives

Im talking in PvP, not PvE. In PvP the only reason you'd ever take it is if the damage bonus was relevant, when it just gave you an extra skill it was as unplayable as it is now.

On 7/21/2023 at 10:44 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I dunno, sometimes I can't tell if they're trolling or being serious, so I try to explain things incase they are being serious.

By the way, have you seen the new stealth, immob, daze, pull, one shot soul beast build?  It can stack like 15 second stealth.   You don’t need to worry about range denial cause it doesn’t use bow.

any class that isn’t broken with defensive just gets farmed.   I got matched against one in last nights ranked…. It s just stupid against real glass classes like mine.   I ended up taking fights against tramadexes condi Rev over that thing…. Even with my measly to no condi cleanse.  (And that’s a horrible match up for me).

At least a blade sworn I can see and avoid matching up with… this SB thing is a complete counter to me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

By the way, have you seen the new stealth, immob, daze, pull, one shot soul beast build?  It can stack like 15 second stealth.   You don’t need to worry about range denial cause it doesn’t use bow.

any class that isn’t broken with defensive just gets farmed.   I got matched against one in last nights ranked…. It s just stupid against real glass classes like mine.   I ended up taking fights against tramadexes condi Rev over that thing…. Even with my measly to no condi cleanse.  (And that’s a horrible match up for me).

At least a blade sworn I can see and avoid matching up with… this SB thing is a complete counter to me.

The reality here from yesterday's MAT is that the only two teams in the top 5 that had a Soulbeast in it, was me on Soulbeast and Pisces on Soulbeast. Both of us were using traditional Longbow Greatsword.

The Sword/Warhorn Greatsword has problems competitively.

1. Way too weak against condis. It absolutely folds under moderate to even light condi pressure. It has to take marksmanship to make it work, which means it has no wilderness for cleanse. And unlike Untamed, it has no free anti-projectile bubble or damage soaking elite to allow use of marksmanship without creating a serious vulnerability vs. conditions.
  2. It has no real ranged. It gets kited too easily by anything that has actual consistent ranged pressure.
  3. It can prebuff a lot of stealth with smokefield and leaps, but it has no on-demand instant stealth like LB#3. In other words, it can prime a gank moment from around a corner, but it can't turn and run from a fight so easily when it has to pop a smokefield and it obvious that its doing so.
  4. Although it feels like it is very strong at first, at least against certain builds, we are looking at another Rifle Mech type situation. It's strong in middle tiers where it can exploit l2p issues, but it has too many vulnerabilities/liabilities to be more useful than traditional LB/GS in higher tiers.
  5. Overall it's too front-loaded. It has no "consistent brawling/bruising" longevity. You either go in full front-loaded blowing all CDs and actually hit with your burst and make the evades work for you and kill your oponent, or you immediately die vs. a competent opponent once it misses and everything is on CD.

Nothing has changed since @Ovark.2514 ran this same exact type of build archetype on Harshmaster.

He would understand exactly what I mean in those points there. These kinds of max damage marks builds on Soulbeast are like relatively high reward but ultra high risk.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The reality here from yesterday's MAT is that the only two teams in the top 5 that had a Soulbeast in it, was me on Soulbeast and Pisces on Soulbeast. Both of us were using traditional Longbow Greatsword.

The Sword/Warhorn Greatsword has problems competitively.

1. Way too weak against condis. It absolutely folds under moderate to even light condi pressure.
  2. It has no real ranged. It gets kited too easily by anything that has actual consistent ranged pressure.
  3. It can prebuff a lot of stealth with smokefield and leaps, but it has no on-demand instant stealth like LB#3. In other words, it can prime a gank moment from around a corner, but it can't turn and run from a fight so easily when it has to pop a smokefield and it obvious that its doing so.
  4. Although it feels like it is very strong at first, at least against certain builds, we are looking at another Rifle Mech type situation. It's strong in middle tiers where it can exploit l2p issues, but it has too many vulnerabilities/liabilities to be more useful than traditional LB/GS in higher tiers.

It’s nasty against the old meta scrapper.