Ele Changes For July 18th -- Ele Fixed -- Move On -- Start New Thread For New Ele Suggestions

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Please go play some cata with no stability before you talk such nonsense, as if bladesworn and cata are remotely comparable in mitigation mechancis.

I guess they should also remove the stability trait for tempest overload? how dare they not get cc'd by random AOE spam while trying to support their team with an ability that turns them into moving target practice..

I have seen life without stab after it was taken away people thought it was op.  People adjust.  You saying that cata with no stab is worthless?  Trait for it in the earth line.  No reason to provide such BS access to stab when you also get all the other bloated goodies from aura.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Downstate.4697 said:

I guess my gripe with everyone right now is they formed opinions based on drazeh and Boyce duels. No one has given the patch a reasonable amount of time to see how this actually plays out in team play.

I do feel that pyromancer puissance might be enabling the build a lot though.

I’m fine with those feelings.

I actually just had one of those guys team mates whisper me in game-

said: “everything I ever say is an indisputable fact”

And other crazy person stuff

some those guys are cringe anyways, no need to simp for them

• Sad 1

I dont get it...Why bother reduce stab uptime when you can still gain stab whenever you gain auras? Cata can still cough out stab AT WILL  because it coughs out more auras than before with WiS. Add an ICD to the stab on Aura! This isnt working milord. You reduced the stab on Staunch Auras from 3 to 2 and now from 2 to 1 that still isnt it! You made it only apply to Auras applied by self and that still isnt it!  Add a kitten ICD or remove the stab entirely! Random stab isnt a good mechanic!

I remember quite well when stab was an issue it didnt get reduced in duration...it got removed entirely. Examples like Bladesworn with dragon trigger, Necromancer with Foot In the Grave, Warrior's Last Stand in defense, etc. 
Also...There is no more counter to this Signet Catalyst that didnt get nerfed and catalyzed. In the past spammable stab was something you could counter with corruptions but Lord CMC hated the idea. Skill spam used to be punished by Confusion and interruption but that isnt that easy when you get burn spammed....sometimes with quickness and refelected and shocking aura'ed. 
Hybrid damage, Stab, Cleanse, Defense, Perma Prot and damage reduction, 25 might, weakness, poison, chill. Lord CMC this package is too good and unhealthy for whoever has to play against it.

Oh well this is it for the quarter no?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I find it funny seeing the devs comments about how other classes are overperforming and how bad they get hammered , de for example 300% damage reduced to 30% and the like than taking a look at eles nerfs...    the most overperforming class in the game. It's obvious what class the dev in charge mains.

how can you get 300% dmg reduction on a skill? asking for a friend XD

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

He meant it went from +300% to +10%. Thats what they did to One in the Chamber and the trait as a result is completely unusable in PvP again.

quoted from the patchnotes:

• One in the Chamber: Reduced bonus damage from 300% to 10% in PvE only.

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dorsai.1458 said:

I have seen life without stab after it was taken away people thought it was op.  People adjust.  You saying that cata with no stab is worthless?  Trait for it in the earth line.  No reason to provide such BS access to stab when you also get all the other bloated goodies from aura.

This is exactly what I've been talking about concerning Ele mains becoming desensitized to how strong their class actually is. They've been so strong for so long, they think they are only a little OP and that tiny shaves might make them useless.

Most of them really do believe they like "need perma or near perma stab" as example. Truth is though, all of this stab allows them to do things like win 1v1s vs. other classes without ever needing to use natural dodge rolls. I've seen it happen many times. Other classes immediately lose 1v1s if they don't dodge roll.

1 hour ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

not all builds have access to quickness.

The build I am using in that clip does not have quickness my dude.

1 hour ago, lovemghool.7613 said:

I dont get it...Why bother reduce stab uptime when you can still gain stab whenever you gain auras? Cata can still cough out stab AT WILL  because it coughs out more auras than before with WiS. Add an ICD to the stab on Aura! This isnt working milord. You reduced the stab on Staunch Auras from 3 to 2 and now from 2 to 1 that still isnt it! You made it only apply to Auras applied by self and that still isnt it!  Add a kitten ICD or remove the stab entirely! Random stab isnt a good mechanic!

Exactly. It's like this idea that "Only Catalyst is a problem" is turning into an excuse to not nerf the things on Core Ele that are clearly the actual problems.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

i don't actually know if the nerfs are significant or not, but all i can hear when an ele player now is like "i'm getting my butt kicked, they killed cata!" is that they were previously winning a lot of fights they did not deserve to win

i don't feel bad at all lol

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

you had to be delusional to think +300% dmg trait was intended and not someone fat fingering.

True but coulda been nerfed......not hammered into uselessness. Things that are overperforming should be be shaved down until in line balance wise or close to, not just made useless. Of course they understand that when comes to ele lol.

• Confused 1

Ele has spent years without Cata ever existing and one of the biggest counters was cc's. And for years Ele mains have asked for better stab production. This isn't desensitization, this is a recognized concern made countless times in the past. 

It's a low armored, low health class that's forced to play melee. It needs the stab to execute skills. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

29 minutes ago, Stallic.2397 said:

Ele has spent years without Cata ever existing and one of the biggest counters was cc's. And for years Ele mains have asked for better stab production. This isn't desensitization, this is a recognized concern made countless times in the past. 

It's a low armored, low health class that's forced to play melee. It needs the stab to execute skills. 

They should have put the stab on melee weapons instead of trait integration then. 

The main problem build uses scepter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

He meant it went from +300% to +10%. Thats what they did to One in the Chamber and the trait as a result is completely unusable in PvP again.

Completely false. One in the Chamber is still the best t1 trait because it's an extra source of quickness.

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

They should have put the stab on melee weapons instead of trait integration then. 

The main problem build uses scepter. 

More appropriate suggestion... People don't realize, if you nerf the stab, it won't stop people from playing Scepter catalyst. They'll just switch from Scepter/Dagger to Scepter/focus. 

But it will nerf hammer catalyst and make it nearly unplayable. 

Another example of nerfing that doesn't address the real problem 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This makes sense.  Reconsidering opinion.

Stab is something you build your next move on; I press X skill IF I have the stab to complete the cast. Having it on some ICD -and thus making it entirely unreliable- is honestly worse IMHO

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

These nerfs do a lot more to nerf cata than you think. I'll explain how this impacts the two overperforming Cata builds. Fresh Air and Signet Condi Cata. 

Staunch Auras - Stability uptime reduced by 50% (2 seconds --> 1 second per Aura). 

This is a no-brainer. Ele's stab uptime is going way down. You will have windows to lock down this build and kill it now. A much needed change because this was a level of safety cata did not need. 

Rock Solid was mentioned as a method to return some stability uptime, but most eles don't run this trait anyway. They prefer Earthen Blessing instead because it reduces chill and immob uptime. Two condis that naturally counter ele. Even if they make that trade-off and take this trait, they will not get close to the amount of stab uptime they had before. 

Harmonious Conduit is a Tempest trait. Ele may be broken, but it can't run two elite specs. Unless there's some exploit I'm not aware of. 

Good nerf. 

Spectacular Sphere - Might stacks reduced by 80% (5 seconds --> 1 second) + Deploy Jade sphere might reduction. 

This one is also massive, especially in conjunction with the other nerfs I will discuss later. Cata will be doing a lot less damage now. Full stop. These were Cata's Instant sources of burstable might that they could apply immediately upon entering fire attunemnt. The point where they do the majority of their bursting. Instead of getting an instant 6 might when dropping their sphere they get 2. (7 with transmute fire. down from 12)

They will also not be sitting on these stacks for as long, which impacts their damage when leaving fire attunement. They could have gone harder and reduced the might duration on the sphere to 2 seconds so that the stacks fall off quicker and give players more of a breather after they've survived the initial burst, but this is a good place to start. 

They can stil blast fire fields to gain might stacks, but the majority of their stacks will be coming from pyromancer's puissance. Signet Cata will still pump might with fire auto 1 spam, but between the burning reduction on the auto, and the might nerfs it'll take longer for their damage to ramp up to dangerous levels since that instant pressure when entering fire is much weaker. 

Fresh Air Cata doesn't run Pyromancer's puissance so it will be a lot weaker this patch. 

Shatterstone Nerf - Lol. 

Water trident/ Hurl Coefficient nerf - This on the other hand does matter quite a bit. Water trident chunks when it hits with a chilled foe with high might stacks. Even moreso when you consider that they usually have vuln on them as well. 

Hurl also does a good bit of damage even if it isn't as flashy as Dragon's Tooth or Phoenix, these skills contributed to their ability to keep pressure on you when dropping fire attunement. Between this and the might nerfs, Cata, especially Fresh Air Cata, will be doing a lot less damage once they did before. 

The takeaway: 

Fresh Air cata does a lot less damage, is easier to lock down, and you can counterpressure them more safely when they leave fire attunemnt. This build will probably still be good, but it went from immortal god emperor to actually mortal. They'll have to play more careful around their burst windows and be more mindful of enemy lock down. 

Signet Cata isn't impacted as much, but will also be doing less damage, and will be easier to lock down than before. Major players here are the staunch aura nerfs and might nerfs, and burning redution on fire autos. Their hybrid damage is also toned down a bit. 

Cata will definitely still be strong post nerf, but it might have some actual counters now this patch. Instead of, y'know. Countering every non-ele build in existance. I reccomend you start dusting off your condi reapers. 

Staunch Auras - nope, the problem is the amount of auras and the frequency of application, catalyst simply shouldn't be getting an aura based on their attunement for doing any combo finisher in any field. Hammer should have been reworked so grand finale gave you an aura when you hit with 2 or more projectiles. Then increase staunch aura stab to 2-3s. This means it's reliable, usable, readable and predictable stability on all weapons which is what the game needs. The only other ways to get lots of stability would be earth dagger 3 through fire, ice, light and chaos fields or use staff with water 4, not exactly an OP combo.

Spectacular sphere - It's a nerf, that's for sure but I think it would have been better if spectacular sphere gave the same boon every attunement, resistance for 2s. The amount of different kinds of boons is a problem in it's own way as it makes strips and corrupts less able to target what they need as well as causing interaction issues like elemental attunement with catalyst and spectacular spheres giving some crazy boon uptime.

Agreed with the rest, Hurl is in general just a grossly bloated skill set, toughness, barrier, resistance and then good damage, what was CMC smoking.

What the biggest takeaway really is, where the balance is heading, spam is fine and they're going to reduce the duration to 1-2s, which is exactly the problem this game found itself in when it was dying in PoF. Some people liked it, some didn't but I think it's a lot more skillful and rewarding timing a big effect or avoiding it than spamming it on short cool downs in every fight. I remember the failing shadow was wanting to keep ranger counterattack (the GS block) on a 15s CD but reduce the duration to make it "more skillful" but really what it would do is allow rangers to block more important attacks as it would still be a 1.5s block and this is unfortunately where CMC seems to want to go.

Writing is on the wall, ditch this sorry excuse for PvP or even the game.

Edited by apharma.3741
  • Like 1