The relic of the Wizard´s Tower seems kinda OP in wvw huh?

DanAlcedo.3281

Well, they need a replacement for op elite specs, so wvw players continue to be forced incentivised to buy the new expansion(s?), if they want to remain on par with everyone else. "Not more powerful than core" - suuure ... that's what they once told us about elite specs too.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Some rune sets were selected infrequently due to the stats they provided, leaving some interesting bonus effects underutilized.

Is that really an accurate statement? Isn't most runes taken for their 6th bonus? Like trapper dragonhunter doesn't care about condi stats, it's for the stealth bonus. Antitoxin isn't taken for the condi damage it's for the extra cleanse. All that's going to happen now is runes will be taken for your build type, that dragonhunter will now take power stats instead.

I expect there's going to be a lot of useless runes as usual unless they make the 6th stat be more unique. Like superior rune of brawler, cavalier, daredevil, reaper, scrapper, all have the same power/toughness for 5 stats, are they going to trash 4 of them and just have the new 6th be 125 toughness? or all 5 of them have different 6th stat? If that's going to be taken anymore, most of those will be replaced with power/precision/ferocity runes in meta builds instead cause ya know, moar dps.

While these are not more powerful than core relics, expansion relics allow us to design effects that are more intricate, bold, and thrilling! 

lmao yeah I'm not sure I can trust anet with that, given the current profession balance situation. That wizard tower example says it all, repackaged feature to sell better relics as an expansion exclusive, I mean which boon ball isn't going to want more projectile reflect and cc pull in their comp when all boon balls are melee fights on top of each now. 😏

Watch all the boon ballers preorder today. Meanwhile enjoy your lag. 😒

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 7

Speed, Anti-Toxin, Durability, Aristocracy, Trapper, Zephyrite, Defender, and Fireworks are all rune set bonuses that are really interesting and add a ton of potential options for build crafting and there are tons of builds that would be unplayable without these runes because they fill critical roles in these builds. Anet is making 40 relics for the base game, plenty of room to bring these over.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Speed, Anti-Toxin, Durability, Aristocracy, Trapper, Zephyrite, Defender, and Fireworks are all rune set bonuses that are really interesting and add a ton of potential options for build crafting and there are tons of builds that would be unplayable without these runes because they fill critical roles in these builds. Anet is making 40 relics for the base game, plenty of room to bring these over.

I would say they just about need to bring over all the ones we have now as base and if they want to add more that's fine. I admit I think a better route would have been leaving the runes as is and adding a seventh slot so they don't destroy current builds that may have been built around that 6th's piece function.

• Thanks 3

Well, that does limit you to certain elites with shorter cooldowns.

45s in WvW only sounds reasonable. Would make it comparable to rune of the earth which has a passive  60s cooldown earth aura and already pretty good for trolling for those that don't want to get off their mounts.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

3 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Speed, Anti-Toxin, Durability, Aristocracy, Trapper, Zephyrite, Defender, and Fireworks are all rune set bonuses that are really interesting

Anti-toxin is used on about 5 of my characters in WvW and I've always wanted a power variant to combat the condi spam when roaming.

I hope they don't remove it with relics.

• Like 8

It a good type of pull you want your melee to pull things to them self where an more "bad game type" is to pull some one to an target place. You cant realty pull ppl and keep your self safe at the same time.

I HOPE most relic are base off of the cd of the skill that triggers them. That alone was a major problem with the old rune set.

It should be fun coming up with builds though for wvw i have an feeling most ppl are just going to take an + dmg relic or an + healing relic or the def/utility type and stay away from the trigger effects. Much like most of the rune meta is in wvw now.

Tbh, they could just as well just remove the entire runes, and just give us the 6th effect as "relic". 

Would make an already overly-complex build system, with way too many different sources of stats and bloat, and clean it up a little bit. Not like things haven't been slowly powercrept constantly as it is, needs to get slapped back down every now and then.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Well, they need a replacement for op elite specs, so wvw players continue to be forced incentivised to buy the new expansion(s?), if they want to remain on par with everyone else. "Not more powerful than core" - suuure ... that's what they once told us about elite specs too.

Like the1 second invis scrappers have? 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

do I smell ranger tears? Or maybe just the average boon ball with a million Necrotic Grasp necros?

Rangers should be fairly used to reflects by now but depending on the duration of the skill, it could effect zergs in an interesting way. I'm kinda curious now.

3 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

not when fighting necros.

Shouldn't be too bad, only reaper will be able to make full use of the 30s cooldown. Not too hard to swap to melee or avoid attacking to counter it.

Compared to the amount of reflects elementalists get, this relic seems like a cakewalk. We still don't know if there'll be even better ones coming out, too, so it might not even be used that often.

• Like 1

I want to see the "utility use" relic for example shout clear be base off of the cd of the skill. So shouts that are on an 0-30 sec only have a 1 condi clear and 31-60 sec have an 2 condi clear (not sure if there an 61-120 but it should have an 3 condi clear). I could see that for cantirps for might sigents for blocking even pets for having them out for dmg +% (pet part of the class vs summon pets) even kits (kits vs conja weapons) in the same way. You can do some very neat things with things an class simply has on an low cd or just has for free vs class with high cd and must give up an long cd to have an effect.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

do I smell ranger tears? Or maybe just the average boon ball with a million Necrotic Grasp necros?

How random. Where did you read this as a Ranger to Necro issue? Let alone Boon Ball?

This impacts anyone that might have a build that used the 6th stat set as an anchor for a build. Now, expand the view from there. This impacts next anyone that might have various builds that they may switch between based on needs at the time for a role/goal. Now expand from there. This might impact any players that have more than one toon since they might have to rework them all. Now expand from there. This impacts all players after launch since it means they will lose build aspects at launch that will have to be reworked or else head out and not know that a part of their build is gone.

Now I am not saying this might not add a lot of options for build crafting and new ways to create builds and be a great system. Where I am going is that based on the limited released info it might be a very impactful change and possibly require a lot of WvWers to have to step away from WvW and back to PvE to regrind for gear and re-create builds that had been running fine to retune and reacquire things they already had. Details will be important here. The first news was vague, the second news with more detail, look more alarming, and I generally like change to provide a point of view.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Is that really an accurate statement? Isn't most runes taken for their 6th bonus? Like trapper dragonhunter doesn't care about condi stats, it's for the stealth bonus. Antitoxin isn't taken for the condi damage it's for the extra cleanse. All that's going to happen now is runes will be taken for your build type, that dragonhunter will now take power stats instead.

I expect there's going to be a lot of useless runes as usual unless they make the 6th stat be more unique. Like superior rune of brawler, cavalier, daredevil, reaper, scrapper, all have the same power/toughness for 5 stats, are they going to trash 4 of them and just have the new 6th be 125 toughness? or all 5 of them have different 6th stat? If that's going to be taken anymore, most of those will be replaced with power/precision/ferocity runes in meta builds instead cause ya know, moar dps.

lmao yeah I'm not sure I can trust anet with that, given the current profession balance situation. That wizard tower example says it all, repackaged feature to sell better relics as an expansion exclusive, I mean which boon ball isn't going to want more projectile reflect and cc pull in their comp when all boon balls are melee fights on top of each now. 😏

Watch all the boon ballers preorder today. Meanwhile enjoy your lag. 😒

Yep.  I don't for a second believe taking an entry away from legendary runes was about choices are balance.  It was solely to create more grind, a selling point in the "our game has relics now", and to force people to buy the expansion to stay competitive.