We want legendary relics on relics release

15 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I think that they did think of the issue but miscalculated the backlash.

No, they made a mistake and just forgot the existence of legendary runes. Or they would have already implemented legendary relics and announced them in the first place as part of the SotO expansion.

Having legendary runes, replacing a part of it's functionality with relics, but not having legendary relics is an inconsistency bug.

And it took them weeks after "we are looking into it" until they confirmed that there will be legendary relics in the future. And giving a date "somewhere in 2024" means that they don't know how to implement it and don't know how long it will take.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 10
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Rockhound.9605 said:

Are ANet oblivious to the fact that lack of vertical progression is one of the reasons the current customer-base came to this game rather than to others?

Short answer: probably yes. When they introduced ascended back in 2012 they seemed pretty oblivious to the possibility it may create a backlash, and were caught by complete surprise when it happened. MO just couldn't understand why anyone would want to play a "stale game" with no gear progression. And even though the company got eventually persuaded to change the course, the key person i am talking about here has happened to leave the company shortly after. Suspiciously shortly after HoT design turned out to be a result of massively misreading community.

Besides, i doubt they are now thinking about longterm health of the game - all they seem to care about recently is getting some shortterm gain obtained using the lowest costs possible.

• Like 6
  • Confused 6

in short: make 2 leg. relicts:

• a leg. core-relict now, it allows choosing current effects, you get it for 6 leg runes
  • a leg full-relict in a year, it allows chossing current and future efffects, the core-Relict is a precursor for it.
Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

28 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

No, they made a mistake and just forgot the existence of legendary runes.

It's both. First they forgot about Legendary Runes (or underestimated their importance to people). Then, drafting response, they thought they can downplay it without actually doing much - and again misread the community.

• Like 7
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Also the expansion is coming out literally next month so I don't really get the point of the second sentence.

Because pointless exaggeration hurts their entire post.

Acting as if they cannot play their builds and setups at all, this very moment, makes the rest of their post seem likewise blown up in terms of seriousness.

5 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I didn't say that; someone else did.  Yea I guess it's an inaccuracy. But honestly it's not that  much of an exaggeration and pointless hair splitting.

In the near future, has more or less the same meaning and any distinction will vanish by then.

Because if you are trying to make a point, and throw in a very pointless exaggeration, it doesn't help the rest of your thoughts come across.

By acting as if they are ruined this very moment, I'm doubtful of just how serious they are being or if they are wanting to yell at Gw2 like others are.

It hurts nobody to simply go "When the expansion launches, my setups will be hurt or ruined" rather then be dramatic as hell and go "Tomorrow, everything I have is ruined"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

5 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Because pointless exaggeration hurts their entire post.

Acting as if they cannot play their builds and setups at all, this very moment, makes the rest of their post seem likewise blown up in terms of seriousness.

Because if you are trying to make a point, and throw in a very pointless exaggeration, it doesn't help the rest of your thoughts come across.

By acting as if they are ruined this very moment, I'm doubtful of just how serious they are being or if they are wanting to yell at Gw2 like others are.

It hurts nobody to simply go "When the expansion launches, my setups will be hurt or ruined" rather then be dramatic as hell and go "Tomorrow, everything I have is ruined"

So are we just asking them to post the exact same thing in a month; when it's so close to release changes are unlikely?

Ok, rotten.9753 please postdate your post to August 22, 2023 12:00 AM** This line of discussion shall not be discussed into that. Or more like those few words in particular and ignore the fact that your distress probably does not allow you to distinguish the difference.

Please do not post even a second earlier, or else nobody will answer your post in good faith.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

This action from Anet is flat out player hostile, if they cared in the slightest they wouldn't release Relics until they have legendary options. It greatly reduces quality of life for players.
Sidenote is it possible to get a refund? thinking of not playing until they release this.....if even then...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

On 7/20/2023 at 1:31 PM, rune.9572 said:

So let's sum things up.

You take an existing system, remove a feature from it that we already paid for, and slap it onto a new system while asking us to pay for it again.

Is ArenaNet ran by Activision now?

The only acceptable outcome is if people with 7 legendary runes get a legendary relic ON RELEASE, FOR FREE. None of this "significant progress 3 years from now after multiple delays" weaselspeak.

This or riot.

ANET ^^ THIS. "Significant progress" towards a new set isn't good enough. Players do not want to grind and invest on another leggy that does the same thing as one they already had that was taken away. Give these players a new leggy rune and relic out of the gate and give them the achievements corresponding to the first leggy and relic sets FOR FREE.

If you cannot give them those free achievements create a new one that is for those who had lost their leggy runes that gives the same achievement value as those who grinded out the new leggy relic/rune sets.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

No, they made a mistake and just forgot the existence of legendary runes. Or they would have already implemented legendary relics and announced them in the first place as part of the SotO expansion.

Having legendary runes, replacing a part of it's functionality with relics, but not having legendary relics is an inconsistency bug.

And it took them weeks after "we are looking into it" until they confirmed that there will be legendary relics in the future. And giving a date "somewhere in 2024" means that they don't know how to implement it and don't know how long it will take.

Oversight happens. But the issue the community has now is how is going about with the compensation. Like players who invested in leggy gear shouldn't have to invest again after it gets taken away from them. Players who put in the work should be given a leggy/relic rune set for free or equivalent to how much they actually have.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

in short: make 2 leg. relicts:

• a leg. core-relict now, it allows choosing current effects, you get it for 6 leg runes
  • a leg full-relict in a year, it allows chossing current and future efffects, the core-Relict is a precursor for it.

I know people are like "But we don't want 2 legendary relics, it complicates things," but honestly this is such a simple and elegant solution. If at any point you craft or have crafted your 6 (please not 7, that's so dumb) legendary runes you get the precursor. If you don't intent to ever do that but want the legendary relic later, then just have a separate mystic forge / whatever pattern to get it. You could have achievements in the expansion that gets you a gift of filler that either is used to make just the legendary relic with a bunch of usual legendary recipe junk, or used in a second recipe with the precursor to upgrade it with reduced costs.

It doesn't upset the need to do the expansion stuff, it doesn't mean you get your expansion relics before they should be given to you, it still makes the content relevant and rewards players who either don't want the expansion or do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Aelfaeth.6512 said:

Sidenote is it possible to get a refund? thinking of not playing until they release this.....if even then...

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862768-Refunds

There's a section in there for pre-ordered stuff. Short answer yes, long answer it depends on which pre-order you bought, and the related conditions with it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I already spent on 7 legendary runes so that I dont have to ever again buy runes.
I have no wish to engage in a new expansion where I have to re-buy what I already owned.
Buy relics? nah ty. 
here is a better idea...give this new system relics from all previous expansions away for free.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Short answer: probably yes. When they introduced ascended back in 2012 they seemed pretty oblivious to the possibility it may create a backlash, and were caught by complete surprise when it happened. MO just couldn't understand why anyone would want to play a "stale game" with no gear progression. And even though the company got eventually persuaded to change the course, the key person i am talking about here has happened to leave the company shortly after. Suspiciously shortly after HoT design turned out to be a result of massively misreading community.

That seems like a weird take to me, as relics are not vertical progression in any way. And the problems with relics are a problem of shortsightedness on a specific niche issue. 

11 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Besides, i doubt they are now thinking about longterm health of the game - all they seem to care about recently is getting some shortterm gain obtained using the lowest costs possible.

Relics are a result of thinking about the long-term health of the game. LW Season 1 is a consequence of thinking about the long-term health of the game.

I am curious what makes you think otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

That seems like a weird take to me, as relics are not vertical progression in any way. And the problems with relics are a problem of shortsightedness on a specific niche issue.

Maybe it doesn't look like it at the first glance because it's not "just another gear tier with stronger stats", but if you think about it, it's a different type of vertical progression. As much as cutting parts of the old gear and then making you regrind it in the form of a new item isn't "getting new gear to be stronger" (forgetting about added versatility relics will provide, which potentially will make certain builds stronger), it's... well, "getting gear to retain the power". We might call it "vertical regression threat" if "vertical progression" doesn't sit well for someone -but even with that, the point seem to remain unchanged?

31 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Relics are a result of thinking about the long-term health of the game.

The introduction of relics isn't bad in itself, I'm not sure people generally have issues with those. What the issue people have is, well, backwards compatibility with what the players already have. Even with the assurance of legendary relics, the fact that they'll be introduced at the later date (how long? 3? 6? 9 months?) means people will basically be bound to either interact with the whole system -including swapping relics out of inventory after acquiring them- as if they didn't craft sigils or remain weaker until the legendary relic gets added to the game. So... it's ok because the annoyance will be removed in 3-9 months? I don't think it is. Which is why:

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

36 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I just rage crafted my 7th rune. That my crafting of a legendary is rage inducing should give Anet pause. What should be a positive experience has become negative. This should not be the standard of our game interactions.

That your crafting of a legendary is rage inducing should  give you pause most of all.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

That your crafting of a legendary is rage inducing should  give you pause most of all.

The poor actions of the game developer causing discontent in it's player base is not reason for the player base itself to take pause. The developer is the one who should pause, because if they are misreading their player base so poorly then we'll end up seeing another round of layoffs down the road when SoTO lands on it's face.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I do not have any legendary runes, so I cannot test this myself, but is it possible to select, say, one of the elite specialization runes without having completed said elite spec?

If so, then I believe that should be enough justification for those who have full legendary rune sets to get an unlimited and unrestricted legendary relic when it is available, because they already have access to runes they have not "earned".

If this is not the case, then at the very least, they should give these people something like the WvW provisioner gizmo that would give them whatever account-bound,  zero merchant value, non-salvagable relic they desire which has been "earned".  That way Anet does right by legendary rune set owners, but no one else but said legendary rune set owner can benefit (because of account-bound, zero merchant value, and non salvagable).

Edited by Shazan.9638
fix spelling error
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Raykkaiz.6173 said:

Best advice - go play something else. Experiencing different games really gives you a perspective.

Perspective? Okay.

I played Tera prior to this. We started out with hands, body, foot armor, two earrings, amulet, two rings. That's it. Then they added underarmor, then they added belts, then brooches, then relics and another trinket, then face armor, then probably some other armor piece I've forgotten. Pets that auto-consumed health and mana potions were eventually added. Cash shop-only mounts that gave you passive crit rate buffs or an active buff skill you could put on your toolbar became a thing. And usually by the time you ground out your BiS gear and got it fully upgraded / rolled the way you wanted, it was time for another update that introduced the next tier of gear and your hard work was pointless. I hated that system.

Archeage wasn't much better, from what I recall of that dumpster fire of a grindfest.

This is one slot. And they have made no indication this will be the trend from now on. (I hope it won't be though, lol)

I'd like to think that Anet will learn from the backlash brought on by this change and will think twice about it going forward, but this isn't enough to make me consider quitting. I still love the game, and I'll still play, and when the leggy relic does roll out, I'll be going for it. For all we know they'll just give us the 4 components towards the relic we throw in the forge and get it for free. That may be copium on my part, but there's simply not enough information on what that "significant progress" is going to look like.

This is coming from someone who did craft all 7 leggy runes. I'm annoyed at the change, but I'm not going to throw a tantrum until I know more.

Edited by Caitmonster.9036
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I just rage crafted my 7th rune. That my crafting of a legendary is rage inducing should give Anet pause. What should be a positive experience has become negative. This should not be the standard of our game interactions.

What for? They confirmed having all 7 isn't required. The extra rune will probably just let you skip 1 of the relic collections.

• Like 2

All they needed to do was give people what we already have back in this new system while it opens up options to the future. 

Instead they are giving us a 3 choice box, which may contain none of the effects you are using in your build. And on release we won't have all the six rune effects which means many builds won't exist anymore. They are both removing a feature we currently have and removing builds from the game. 
if you have at least 6 runes you should be given the leggy relic on release because it should be that way, it should become the reward for collecting six leggy runes, simple method that keeps everything the same value in fact actually would increase the value of leggy runes as your prize after six is the relic. Making more people go for it. 

As it stands, even for the people who currently have the effects of six bonuses from leggy runes they will have to wait for some quarter in 2024 which may have delays to get back something they used to have, and watch it cost both you needing to buy the expansion and your time/in game money even after your rune collection. They wouldn't be saying "progression towards" if they were going to give it to people who already have the effects of it unlocked right now. Its so vague it could mean anything. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Each of the 7 provides 'significant progress' so odds are that all 7 are needed for even complete progress much less most of the progress.

In Rubi's updated post there is no requirement to collect to 7 however, its only that it will be recognised. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3